Travel Club Renewal

Waspie

Guest AyrDelighted

As an aside..... how are you meant to build up your points for away games if you can't get a ticket for any? (Theoretical question.)

Of coures there will be the odd case where somebody who goes to all the home games loses out to somebody who goes to no home games but goes to one game abroad. But I would be surprised if in a travelling support of say 10,000 there would be any more than around 10 such cases (to be honest I'd be surprised if there is one). No system is going to be 100% perfect but the present system seems to work fairly well and the vast majority of travellers are happy with it.

Says he smugly sitting on 9 points out 10. :D

As an aside..... how are you meant to build up your points for away games if you can't get a ticket for any? (Theoretical question.)

It's a piece of piss, you go to a game that isn't going to be oversubscribed. That will normally consist of all but one away game in a qualifying group.

Smaller trips are better than the big ones anyway.

Of coures there will be the odd case where somebody who goes to all the home games loses out to somebody who goes to no home games but goes to one game abroad. But I would be surprised if in a travelling support of say 10,000 there would be any more than around 10 such cases (to be honest I'd be surprised if there is one). No system is going to be 100% perfect but the present system seems to work fairly well and the vast majority of travellers are happy with it.

Says he smugly sitting on 9 points out 10. :D

I actually know a couple of guys who go to most of the away games but dont make it to Hampden much at all. They just like the trips and arent that bothered about the football, there's probably a few more folk like that.

The system is fair enough though, people who go to Belarus etc deserve first chance for Holland, Italy etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Braveheart

Anyone had anything yet ? I sent my application back after the Italy ticket deadline, but still got an application form through ??

Anyone had anything yet ? I sent my application back after the Italy ticket deadline, but still got an application form through ??

That's because we have 13000 tickets for the Italy game, instead of the 10000 expected. So you got away with that one ya lucky fecker. ;)

No packs or Italy tickets through though.

Guest Stuttgart Saint

When did the application come through?

The reason I ask is that I am over in Germany until May but still use my address in Scotland for correspondance for the SSC. I've booked a train and a room for Italy in the hope that a ticket application may get through to my dad's but still no word yet.

If not I'll chance it and try to get a ticket in Milan but would much rather get one, and in the Scotland end, before hand.

When did the application come through?

The reason I ask is that I am over in Germany until May but still use my address in Scotland for correspondance for the SSC. I've booked a train and a room for Italy in the hope that a ticket application may get through to my dad's but still no word yet.

If not I'll chance it and try to get a ticket in Milan but would much rather get one, and in the Scotland end, before hand.

Must have been a couple weeks ago now I think. The deadline for Italy tickets is the 25th I think, so you're best trying to phone the SFA/SSC.

Archived