The Westburn Bar in Shettleston

Not actually been in to be honest, but going by the outside, it's an unkempt hole. If it's anything like other bars in the area, appearances would prove to be correct.

As Lyn-Marie has said it looks extremely dodgy. I googled it because I couldn't remember where it was exactly but when I found out where it was I remembered it well. I drove past it once and there were a lot of extrememely unsavoury characters hanging about outside. This coupled with the perspex windows put me off.

When you look at it on google maps, half the letters are missing from the sign outside. Nah, I think I would give the "WE TB RN" a miss if I were you.

As Lyn-Marie has said it looks extremely dodgy. I googled it because I couldn't remember where it was exactly but when I found out where it was I remembered it well. I drove past it once and there were a lot of extrememely unsavoury characters hanging about outside. This coupled with the perspex windows put me off.

When you look at it on google maps, half the letters are missing from the sign outside. Nah, I think I would give the "WE TB RN" a miss if I were you.

Based on its locale that's exactly how I assumed it would be.

Cheers guys, info appreciated.

I think the nearest I ever got to the Westburn was The Drum and the Prince Charlie. My mates sister insisted on calling Shettleston "Sandyhills", the No 61 bus said so.smile.gif

Well, I for one think it looks splendid. I particularly like the 'crossword puzzle' effect of the pub's sign.

westburn.jpg

Looks as though RUSS has done a runner with the letters.

I've been in far worse. A few further along in The Gallowgate, Calton area, around South Street in Glasgow, a couple in Royston. Pubs near the dock ends of Greenock and Aberdeen. Dodgy parts of south and east London. Hundreds more.

Looks as though RUSS has done a runner with the letters.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I was just looking at the photo in the post above yours and was about to make exactly the same joke. :lol: :lol:

I've been in far worse. A few further along in The Gallowgate, Calton area, around South Street in Glasgow, a couple in Royston. Pubs near the dock ends of Greenock and Aberdeen. Dodgy parts of south and east London. Hundreds more.

Yup, there's plenty worse places. Like I said, it's fine inside.

Just been, looks mince from outside but it was quite pleasant inside.

It's actually not a bad shop - was in it in the summer when I took off on a long walk and ended up dying of thirst. It's more Carntyne than Shettleston though, not that the former is all that more salubrious.

Archived