The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usual vote style-ee. I've added a few that won't be anywhere near the job (Reid, McCall, and the like) more to bulk out the poll as there seems a dearth of possible candidates around. If you think I've missed an obvious one, then post it in the thread and I'll add it to the poll.

Ian McCall has been strongly linked with it and I think is one bookies favourite.

Or did you mean Stuart McCall, who Bradford sacked a few months ago :P

Or did you mean Stuart McCall, who Bradford sacked a few months ago :P

Ah, you see I've not had the intensive journalistic training that you have had Stu, so perhaps I did mean the ginger one.. ;)

I haven't actually looked at the bookies yet so I didn't realise McCall was actually in the running. If anyone can link a decent odds source I'll add them into the voting list.

Ah, you see I've not had the intensive journalistic training that you have had Stu, so perhaps I did mean the ginger one.. ;)

I haven't actually looked at the bookies yet so I didn't realise McCall was actually in the running. If anyone can link a decent odds source I'll add them into the voting list.

Here's some stuff William Hills released last night. McCall is third favourite: http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=14485

Think a few other places are offering odds, but not many. Apparently Gordon Brown is 1000-1.

McDowall seems to be most popular by a fair margin. Lets hope we dont end up with a hung management because we didnt get an overall majority and we end up being rulled by elvis cameron with a nobody coach that no one really cares about after about 6 people voted for him.

:ph34r:

LOL at Jimmy Calderwood, if he leaves us it defo won't be for an outfit like yours!

While I think you are right, having to deal with a shithole of a club like yours in a relegation battle has put him off clubs unwilling to back him with cash. Something the current board at St Mirren won't be doing.

On the flip side, I can't see what MacPherson would gain going to Killie. Sure he's played for them so the connection is there, but you're financially fucked, got a crumbling stadia and a white elephant hotel. In fact you are in such a bad state you have vultures like Massone sniffing about looking to pick at the carcass.

Here's some stuff William Hills released last night. McCall is third favourite: http://www.williamhi....asp?file=14485

Think a few other places are offering odds, but not many. Apparently Gordon Brown is 1000-1.

Andy Millen. 5/4

Kenny McDowell. 11/4

Ian McCall. 9/2

Billy Reid. 6/1

Jimmy Calderwood. 6/1

Allan Moore. 13/2

Terry Butcher. 8/1

David Weir. 12/1

Mark McGhee. 14/1

Ally McCoist. 16/1

They say the bookies don't often get it wrong but I think they've just pulled some names and numbers out of thin air here. Millen the favourite??? Muttley at shorter odds than Gordon Brown - feck off.

Even if St Mirren could afford to buy out Billy Reid's three year rolling contract, why would he want to move to a club he's finished above the last two years running and who's chairman is desperate to sell?

Because we have good bridies.

They say the bookies don't often get it wrong but I think they've just pulled some names and numbers out of thin air here. Millen the favourite??? Muttley at shorter odds than Gordon Brown - feck off.

The bookies odds look like they have been compiled by a fucking idiot.

1) Take the incumbent and place him on the shortest odds.

2) Take a handful of Old Firm backroom staff or players at the ends of their careers, sit them in the middle.

3) Fill up the list with the usual suspects, and maybe the odd mouthy c**t always looking to move on.

4) Add in a comedy option

Publish.

Even if St Mirren could afford to buy out Billy Reid's three year rolling contract, why would he want to move to a club he's finished above the last two years running and who's chairman is desperate to sell?

Perhaps Reid has the same level of affection to his current club as you have had with your "affiliation". I see you've swapped to the 'ammies now. Surely that's the 5th club you've claimed to support on that one account alone. :rolleyes:

That said, you are right, there would be no rhyme or reason for Reid to come to us, and personally I wouldn't want him at SMP anyway.

In the poll I said it should be Derek Adams but I don't expect him to become the manager. It won't be Billy Stark as he wants to stay as the Under 21 manager. I would put money on Millen. Unless Gus gets a job quickly and gets Millen back as his No.2 I can see him being offered the job.

While I think you are right, having to deal with a shithole of a club like yours in a relegation battle has put him off clubs unwilling to back him with cash. Something the current board at St Mirren won't be doing.

On the flip side, I can't see what MacPherson would gain going to Killie. Sure he's played for them so the connection is there, but you're financially fucked, got a crumbling stadia and a white elephant hotel. In fact you are in such a bad state you have vultures like Massone sniffing about looking to pick at the carcass.

You also forgot to add that your board are in turmoil and sacked your clubs most successful manager ever, for little apparent reason, other than said board turmoil. Great place to be!

I bet it's that great stadium you have, the BOD see it every day and think we should have better than Gus, then when they go searching for this better manager they will realise nobody will come because you have a shit club with nobody to put the money into the squad. We may be fucked but we still have a bigger wage budget than you lot, I would imagine even after all the cuts this summer.

You also forgot to add that your board are in turmoil and sacked your clubs most successful manager ever, for little apparent reason, other than said board turmoil. Great place to be!

I bet it's that great stadium you have, the BOD see it every day and think we should have better than Gus, then when they go searching for this better manager they will realise nobody will come because you have a shit club with nobody to put the money into the squad. We may be fucked but we still have a bigger wage budget than you lot, I would imagine even after all the cuts this summer.

It's that bigger wage budget that may have put you out of business, if you had been relegated. About time the SPL brought in rules similar to UEFA's and stopped trying to bankrupt every member club.

Back on topic, I'd love to see Adams leave Dingwall but maybe not to another club that could do us damage and you have no chance of tempting Butcher away at this point.

It's that bigger wage budget that may have put you out of business, if you had been relegated. About time the SPL brought in rules similar to UEFA's and stopped trying to bankrupt every member club.

No, our current wage structure has very little to do with our financial plight. Go and talk about something you understand.

Archived