The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Indeed. I remember Stuart gushing over McGroarty's performance in a game in which he played against Raith Rovers which he was at.

I checked it out and it turned out that McGroarty didn't even play in the game! :lol:

At least I usually check out the facts before I make up my own lies. :lol:

As HPDS stated, Stuart Gilmour will not be remebered for signing Mark Crilly - every single club buys shit players. He'll be remembered for taking over the club when they were £3 million in debt, staring relegation to the Second Division in the face and the plug was about to be pulled by Bill Barr. He'll be remembered for standing up at the egm in 1998 and making a stand against the buy out by Reg Brealey when it was about to go through and stopping it. He'll be remembered for putting together a consortium that put over £1 million into the club to save the club. He'll be remembered for building a brand new stadium, a brand new training complex and taking us back into the top flight of Scottish football and keeping us there.

I can only hope that the new owners - whoever they may be.... and there is more than one potential buyer right now - take the club to the next level.

Yep. Gilmour has his faults and has had made mistakes such as the handling of Hendrie's sacking, our overall PR and the cutting adrift of Ken McGeoch and Gordon Scott, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. But, with certain people, why let the facts get in the way of a good old anti-Gilmour rant.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the new manager, the leading candidates are Kenny McDowall & Willie McStay. McDowall is on twice what Gus was on however and Gus himself was one of the best paid managers in the SPL outside the Old Firm.

Billy Davies is an outside bet - don't know exactly what his circumstances are but it looks like he wants back to Scotland. Neil Lennon is a possibility if he doesn't get the Celtic job.

Personally, I'd like to see us apppoint someone who played a ruthless route one long ball game....

Don't know why Davies' name is being mooted. He'll be on, at least, £750k a year at Forest. And if he comes back north, it will be towards Kerrydale Street and not Paisley.

Someone mentioned to me last night Paul Jewell. Mind you, I was half-pissed when I was told this. Don't know if this was a genuine name doing the rounds or wishful thinking. Suspect the latter!

As for the new manager, the leading candidates are Kenny McDowall & Willie McStay. McDowall is on twice what Gus was on however and Gus himself was one of the best paid managers in the SPL outside the Old Firm.

Billy Davies is an outside bet - don't know exactly what his circumstances are but it looks like he wants back to Scotland. Neil Lennon is a possibility if he doesn't get the Celtic job.

Personally, I'd like to see us apppoint someone who played a ruthless route one long ball game....

Billy Davies has kept his house in the area very near to our Ralston training ground.rolleyes.gif

Crilly did look like he had potential. I don't remember you complaining about the lad before we bought him, yet when he failed to achieve the potential you've never shut the f**k up about him. There have been considerably worse players to grace the turf.

f**k off!

I went to see him play at Cliftonhill for Stirling Albion against Albion Rovers and I reported back at the time on the official website that I thought both him and the other lad - Robert Dunn I think - were shite. I stuck to that line all the way through and had to defend my line even when Mark Crilly's next door neighbours dad or some other shit appeared on the official forum to give me a hard time over it. Even the Captain used to claim Crilly was brilliant, until the day Crilly left when he suddenly denounced him as a ghost.

Crilly was a shockingly poor player and how anyone thought they were getting a good signing when they signed him is utterly beyond me.

f**k off!

I went to see him play at Cliftonhill for Stirling Albion against Albion Rovers and I reported back at the time on the official website that I thought both him and the other lad - Robert Dunn I think - were shite. I stuck to that line all the way through and had to defend my line even when Mark Crilly's next door neighbours dad or some other shit appeared on the official forum to give me a hard time over it. Even the Captain used to claim Crilly was brilliant, until the day Crilly left when he suddenly denounced him as a ghost.

Crilly was a shockingly poor player and how anyone thought they were getting a good signing when they signed him is utterly beyond me.

What about McGroarty though?

What about him? As Captain already pointed out - I hadn't seen him and must have got him mixed up with someone who was good. :rolleyes:

I think to be fair, if the worst that Gilmour is remembered for is saying a player we signed was a good prospect then he's not done bad.

I think the main reason it bothers you, is he commands respect from a lot of people, and its something you crave, while you are a figure of ridicule. Its understandable why his success gets on your goat so much. Jealousy is never a pretty trait Stuart.

We are not bothering with a manager next season. The team will be picked as a result of a vote on B&W Army the night before a game.

Excellent. We'll be 343 with Mark Yardley upfront.

Excellent. We'll be 343 with Mark Yardley upfront.

As long as we don't get too fancy and stick Yardley out wide to ruffle the opposition full back then it will work a treat. :lol:

A cheap jibe at a true st mirren legend. Shame on you.

Oh don't get me wrong though, I'd give the big man a contract now if only to see him in a Saints shirt once more.. :D

Lost It!!! He never had it to lose. Remember Gilmour was the chancer that appointed John Coughlan as manager and told the press he himself had scouted a wonderboy in Mark Crilly :rolleyes:

Stuart... ... that was almost SEVEN years ago!!!!!!!!

for your own mental health... let it go and move on!!!

SEVEN YEARS!!!!!

Saddam Hussain was still on the loose at the time, Iraq was just being invaded... Tony Blairs smile was still dazzling... thousands and thousands of dead people in Darfur were still alive... hell... David Sneddon even had a number one back then!!! Surely THAT should tell you something!!! Worse still... if still not convinced... Shane Ritchie had a number 2 hit... and the Darkness, whose lead singer is pan breid, had a number one abum!!!

Let it go Stuart... let it go!!!

Mark Crilly doesn't obsess about you... don't give him the advantage!!!

t... and the Darkness, whose lead singer is pan breid, had a number one abum!!!

Justin Hawkins is actually still alive. :o Career-wise, he's long since snuffed it, however.

Aside from that, you make a very good point. There's people who got over Nam sooner than the span Goatse has been obsessing over what was really only a minor snub from a busy man with more pressing things on his mind.

Archived