Gary Lineker and Lilly Allen come across as decent people in a swathe of bigotry and racism.  

I realise we have our share of fruit loops on here - trolling usually - but there are people on Twitter openly espousing as racist views as you could imagine.  It's staggering.

It's embarrassing, today's daily mail made me realise how facist, racist and disrespectful the UK seems to have become since brexit.

An article on a child who has been rejected for Asylum has comments wishing death, demanding he is left behind, and taking joy.

Is that really how low we, as a race have become?

It's embarrassing, today's daily mail made me realise how facist, racist and disrespectful the UK seems to have become since brexit.

An article on a child who has been rejected for Asylum has comments wishing death, demanding he is left behind, and taking joy.

It is.
I posted elsewhere the comments after a lorry killed an asylum seeker in Calais. They would turn you're stomach.

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It's always been this way, it's just that now the morons and scum have smart (ah, the irony) phones in order to express their vile, disgusting, idiotic views to the rest us.

They're complete and utter scum, and there're lots of them.

24 minutes ago, mizfit said:

No some of us have evolved.   

It's always been this way, it's just that now the morons and scum have smart (ah, the irony) phones in order to express their vile, disgusting, idiotic views to the rest us.

They're complete and utter scum, and there're lots of them.

It frightens me some of the comments on the Facebook pages and Twitter accounts of various news agencies but as you say it is mostly down to everyone having a keyboard and a phone.

It has always been the case that c***s are the loudest and a quick look on social media confirms this.

It is.
I posted elsewhere the comments after a lorry killed an asylum seeker in Calais. They would turn you're stomach.

There's a Twitter account called Best of The Daily Mail or something like that where they basically ridicule comments posted on that site. They had a screenshot of comments after that incident you refer to and it was just a list of people saying things like "Good", "Shame there's more where he came from", "Just the one? Missed opportunity" and so on.

38 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I was having a conversation with an old Irish guy a couple of years ago and he postulated that it was when the authorities gave their approval or looked away that all sorts of nutters came out the woodwork. We were discussing how a civilised country such as Germany elected the Nazis.

Is Britain post Brexit showing signs of a similar malaise?

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

There's a Twitter account called Best of The Daily Mail or something like that where they basically ridicule comments posted on that site. They had a screenshot of comments after that incident you refer to and it was just a list of people saying things like "Good", "Shame there's more where he came from", "Just the one? Missed opportunity" and so on.

@DMReporter could be the one you're looking for.  Unbelievable stuff on there.

Nice to see the Old Firm has lost its 'shine' after just the second game of the season. Not nearly as much point scoring etc as there was last month.

• 4 weeks later...
One of my mates has just informed me that one of my tweets appeared in the Scotsman today regarding Gordon Strachan and the SFA's lack of a spine.

Does this make me Twitter famous? 

Its yet another example of modern lazy journalism. Instead of quoting "sources within the club" or "family friend" they just trawl social media.

37 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Jim Spence was one of the better pundits when he was on Radio Scotland and his Twitter at that time was a bit more interesting. Now it just seems to be daft wee jokes and stories and constantly playing to the gallery.

Yep. Unfollowed him soon after he left the Beeb. He wa just trying too hard to wind people up constantly.