Caitlin Moran's Twitter threat at Limmy was mentioned on Channel 4 News tonight. 

Limmy's reaction

https://vine.co/v/hqAm2nqVWWi

Is it him making a stupid face in loads of photos and then screaming out that he's finally getting a bit of attention?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Some Tweets from the organiser of this stupid twitter silence shite

http://storify.com/BethanyBlack/caitlin-moran-champion-of-women-if-you-re-white-ab?awesm=sfy.co_cNgt&utm_campaign=&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter

@Martin_Carr what the f**k are you on about you Gonk-haired spazz?
I think this means I now own all the gays? As, like, pets? Like Sea Monkeys, with amazing hair/shoes?
@michelledileo Thank you SO MUCH darling. Felt like a bit of a spazz after

Why is everyone hating on a silence that has been organised as a statement against rape threats?

It's not like this is about the report button is it?

Maybe because It's nothing but a pointless piece of posturing?

In the wider context, the 'hate' is also people speaking out against censorship. Tweeting rape threats is illegal and I'm sure those responsible will be charged accordingly. There is no need for the government to step in on this argument, which is what some people seem to be wanting because some moron committed a crime.

First of all, we aren't teenage American girls, so the phrase "hating on" is not acceptable.

If someone tweeted a rape threat to me, what I'd do would be report it to the police. It's not as though the police have been slow to clamp down on "Twitter crime". Boycotting Twitter for a day because someone threatened you on it is like boycotting the postal service because someone sent you a threatening letter. Twitter is a medium of communication, nothing more.

Haha fair enough re hating on...

I completed agree that censorship of twitter will achieve nothing and that if you believe something is serious then you should I to the police etc.

However all they're doing is making a statement against the level of vitriolic threats that have been levelled against well respected women recently and for

some reason there's a ridiculously high level of people against this or who want to sneer at it...

Not exactly the worst gun in the world is it...?

Maybe because It's nothing but a pointless piece of posturing?

In the wider context, the 'hate' is also people speaking out against censorship. Tweeting rape threats is illegal and I'm sure those responsible will be charged accordingly. There is no need for the government to step in on this argument, which is what some people seem to be wanting because some moron committed a crime.

Completely agree with the people that are speaking out against censorship but I thought this "silent protest" was more about a stand against the misogyny that has been levelled at a few well known personalities on twitter rather than a stand in favour of that 'report button' shite...?

Completely agree with the people that are speaking out against censorship but I thought this "silent protest" was more about a stand against the misogyny that has been levelled at a few well known personalities on twitter rather than a stand in favour of that 'report button' shite...?

the silent protest has been pretty vocal