7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Who’s the guy on the right?

a corrupt polisman in Line of Duty - the actor playing him is the guy tweeting. To be fair, I don't think that PaddyPower are suggesting that the character or indeed the actor supports gambling; they are merely making a "joke" comparison about a ref looking like an untrustworthy character. Seems a bit of an over-reaction. 

On 15/11/2021 at 19:14, Thorongil said:

Norman Wisdom, Tommy Cooper, Morecambe and Wise, Laurel and Hardy etc all that stuff are all shite. 
I even watched an episode of The Two Ronnies recently and it had dated badly and wasn’t funny.

I know this post is a few months old, but Laurel and Hardy is some of the best comedy you will ever see, and there’s hardly a word spoken in it. Also Tommy Cooper wasn’t too bad either. Well before my time but from what I’ve seen he was pretty talented. 

14 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

a corrupt polisman in Line of Duty - the actor playing him is the guy tweeting. To be fair, I don't think that PaddyPower are suggesting that the character or indeed the actor supports gambling; they are merely making a "joke" comparison about a ref looking like an untrustworthy character. Seems a bit of an over-reaction. 

Actors are a sensitive wee bunch. The boys line obviously never came in at the weekend.