37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As far as legal ID documents go, what are you duty bound to do, I mean in terms of updating if your appearance changes for whatever reason? Is there any small print about this?

It's a good point. Passports for example with their 10 year life span may have a massive difference in appearance of the person.

I watched a few interviews and podcasts with this man a few months back, he's clearly a bit damaged from a life he chose but this new found 'fame' is making him go a bit loopy, IMO. 

He claims he's trying to make a stand for the youth of Liverpool - and he may well be - but he just seems to be antagonising folk. It's like (to me) he's trying to goad somebody into murdering him. It's a pretty hard watch now. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

As far as legal ID documents go, what are you duty bound to do, I mean in terms of updating if your appearance changes for whatever reason? Is there any small print about this?

This is for passports, but I would imagine the first and third reason should apply to all forms of legal ID.

Screenshot_20200904-093848_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

I watched a few interviews and podcasts with this man a few months back, he's clearly a bit damaged from a life he chose but this new found 'fame' is making him go a bit loopy, IMO. 
He claims he's trying to make a stand for the youth of Liverpool - and he may well be - but he just seems to be antagonising folk. It's like (to me) he's trying to goad somebody into murdering him. It's a pretty hard watch now. 

I managed about 0.8 secs of that before the voice made me recoil in pain and I closed it.

On 03/09/2020 at 22:13, Todd_is_God said:

"Shitey pub" or not, if the barman is asking for ID he's obviously concerned that the person might be underage.

Being personally liable if they serve someone underage, it's important that they get it right, and also that they are not guilt tripped into just accepting the person is who they say they are if they genuinely cannot tell.

Without seeing pictures of this example, it's impossible to pass judgement.

The pictures below are of the same person. If the person on the left presented ID with a picture of the person on the right on it (or vice versa), there is no way you could confidently positively ID them.

How should that situation be handled without offending anyone, but also without just accepting that the person is who they say they are, as that isn't right either.

resize.jpeg

Don’t know about you but my passport photo isn’t me with no clothes on from the waist up.

On 03/09/2020 at 21:40, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know anything about this particular case, but it raises an interesting point.

If a person looks nothing like the picture on their ID, and appears to be a different gender, how should this be handled?

How are trangender people and their photo IDs handled in other circumstances, boarding planes, for example?

"Inty" 🤦‍♂️