18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

What a super depressing video, everything about it.  

I work with a guy who, while we were still in an office, ate pie, chips and beans for lunch every day.  Literally every day for years.  I know of people who have been diagnosed with eating disorders or worse as children because they would only eat sweeties and chicken nuggets.  

I suppose it doesn't make any difference to me if guys can't eat celery or eat pie and beans every day.  I quite like pie and, as noted previously, I'm probably a bit overweight myself (although #yoked) but I just don't think it's healthy for people in adult ages to live and eat like children who have been left alone for a weekend.

That's me, I don't really like vegetables. Onions make me nauseous as does Garlic so that's most meals out the window. I've spoken to a few people with the onion thing and they are just so pungent and potent to me but people that enjoy them say they're mild so we must just have totally different tastebuds, I've heard of people reacting strongly to cucumber which I don't get because that just tastes like water to me. 

I mostly have baguettes and lunch type stuff for dinner, I had pringles and baby bell for my breakfast today. 

I eat a decent amount of fruit and fish and alongside exercise do good considering my diet is utter shite. 

Ooft. This is a toe-curlingly awful watch. 

It’s been spoken about a few times but in the Blair years it really was a black hole of people making entertainment out of being horrendous to each other. I mind being really into Simon Amstell and couldn’t work out why he clearly had some hangover from hosting Buzzcocks and I think in some way it was just some regret from how he acted towards a lot of the guests. Not that it wasn’t funny but it really was vicious a lot of the time and I dunno how warranted some of it was.

The Donny Tourette stuff is still great though.

22 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It’s been spoken about a few times but in the Blair years it really was a black hole of people making entertainment out of being horrendous to each other. I mind being really into Simon Amstell and couldn’t work out why he clearly had some hangover from hosting Buzzcocks and I think in some way it was just some regret from how he acted towards a lot of the guests. Not that it wasn’t funny but it really was vicious a lot of the time and I dunno how warranted some of it was.

Image result for simon amstell rabbit gif

33 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It was always a bit of a raison d'être for Buzzcocks.  Even when Lamar was doing it im surprised he never got his face smashed in. 

44 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'm not sure you can specifically link that trend to Blair, there's something about light entertainment and showbiz in Britain that had a strange, cruel streak about it.  I did read the article you posted before about it and thought it was interesting though.

My dad was a reporter and once did a story about the dedication of a memorial that Anne Robinson was sent to cover.  She was a raging alcoholic at the time and during the speech she had to hide behind a wall puking her guts up after a heavy night the night before.  Not sure if that's what she got fired for (she got binned by The Times for missing deadlines due to be being drunk).  She must've been bad as to lose a job in 1970s journalism for drunkeness is a bit like being turfed out of the Right Said Fred for being bald.

Edited by ICTChris

I remember watching an E4 documentary about Towers of London and they were just complete and utter wankers.  Genuinely horrible people.  What I remember about it though is that as one of them had a tantrum at some poor venue owner or someone like that there was this journalist for the NME or some other such paper who was sitting there loving it all, clearly thinking that this was the most rock n roll thing he'd ever seen.  He was old (probably younger than I am now) and he made the whole thing utterly worse, this pathetic little weasel of a man scribbling down what he clearly thought was amazing behaviour when what in actual fact he was witnessing was a shite band behaving like idiots.  So on that basis I think Amstell should get a pass for making a fool out of Donny Tourette.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I remember watching an E4 documentary about Towers of London and they were just complete and utter wankers.  Genuinely horrible people.  What I remember about it though is that as one of them had a tantrum at some poor venue owner or someone like that there was this journalist for the NME or some other such paper who was sitting there loving it all, clearly thinking that this was the most rock n roll thing he'd ever seen.  He was old (probably younger than I am now) and he made the whole thing utterly worse, this pathetic little weasel of a man scribbling down what he clearly thought was amazing behaviour when what in actual fact he was witnessing was a shite band behaving like idiots.  So on that basis I think Amstell should get a pass for making a fool out of Donny Tourette.

I think that was before his appearance on Buzzcocks, and I'm quoting this from memory without checking (I'm pretty sure the retelling of it on the show is on youtube), but when he shouts "MY BAND CAN FUCKING DICK ON THE FUCKING SEX PISTOLS" Amstell's response was ""I don't follow, was he suggesting you couldn't dick on them?"

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think that was before his appearance on Buzzcocks, and I'm quoting this from memory without checking (I'm pretty sure the retelling of it on the show is on youtube), but when he shouts "MY BAND CAN FUCKING DICK ON THE FUCKING SEX PISTOLS" Amstell's response was ""I don't follow, was he suggesting you couldn't dick on them?"

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Simon Amstell had an uncanny knack of reducing certain celebrities to seething messes.

Preston from The Ordinary Boys and Huey from Fun Loving Criminals both spring to mind as two examples of celebrities that took the bait hook line and sinker on Buzzcocks.