Fallout New Vegas

the_russian

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this for xmas haven't really got into it yet, Do you always know when you are going to see a Deathclaw before it attacks you or do they hide and jump you sometimes.

If you are playing it on hard or hardcore then you are fucked either way. They are really fast & will kill you in one or two hits. If you see on and are a low level then head for the hills and hope it aint spotted you. If you do take one on then aim for the legs to slow the fuckers down.

If you are playing it on hard or hardcore then you are fucked either way. They are really fast & will kill you in one or two hits. If you see on and are a low level then head for the hills and hope it aint spotted you. If you do take one on then aim for the legs to slow the fuckers down.

It's my first fallout game so im nowhere near putting it on hardcore yet :lol:, The only reason i ask and im not ashamed to admit i still get jumpy at certain games so undoubtedly those b*****ds are going to scare the crap out of me at some point so i wanted to ask what the best way to avoid them is.

Anyone started the silver rush quest? Every time I enter and walk past either guards they open fire

No but stealing things from there is ridiculously easy. Pick them up, chuck them in the toilet, close the door and you're golden :lol:

It's my first fallout game so im nowhere near putting it on hardcore yet :lol:, The only reason i ask and im not ashamed to admit i still get jumpy at certain games so undoubtedly those b*****ds are going to scare the crap out of me at some point so i wanted to ask what the best way to avoid them is.

On fallout 3, my tactic was to shoot them with the dart gun, thus crippling their legs. Then shooting them in the head with a missile launcher, before switching to my combat shotgun and blasting their face to pieces. Always made me smile killing them that way.

Trading Post 188 is an NCR place sad.gif They ain't too fond of me

They love me!

I've sided pretty much with them all along. Figured they're the best of a bad bunch (for now). They're a bit misguided, but they're not as mental as the Legion or as wild as the Powder Gangers. Glad I have, as they're all over the place in Vegas, particularly at the strip, and many of their missions have proved quite lucrative so far.

In my game, I've just met Mr House at Lucky 38, and I'm away to meet Benny next. I have a feeling this won't be easy.

No but stealing things from there is ridiculously easy. Pick them up, chuck them in the toilet, close the door and you're golden :lol:

That is a fuckin good shout, I'll Try that soon,

I have still to choose a faction yet really, the only ones who don't like me are the legion, Any clues / hints as to how or what i Shoulud do in regards to choosing a side?

why what happens?

Makes your character effectively a moron and adds several amusing conversations.

for example, a character with an Intelligence of 2 or less can bypass a robot that demands a password by randomly shouting "ICE CREAM!". Normally, the player character would need a Luck of at least 7 to guess this.

:lol: I had been doing that too. One of their gaurds poking a gun in my face telling me he has his eye on me, whilst I pick up a flame thrower and walk to the toilet with it. Brb.

This game's great. You get hundreds of missions at the Strip, all centred around your main quest. The Yes Man robot in Benny's room is pretty funny. Still got loads of places on the map that are blanked out, so lots to do yet. I got this game for £19.99 from Gamestation, but it's one of those few games which are actually worth the full price.

Having spent a few hours on the DLC I can confirm that it is a pile of shite, nothing like the actual game. Dark, frustrating, confusing, poor equipment, poor/annoying characters. Hellish. Save yourself £8 and stay in the Mojave wasteland.

This game's great. You get hundreds of missions at the Strip, all centred around your main quest. The Yes Man robot in Benny's room is pretty funny. Still got loads of places on the map that are blanked out, so lots to do yet. I got this game for £19.99 from Gamestation, but it's one of those few games which are actually worth the full price.

Went in to get it yesterday for the £19.99, they'd ran out so I had to make do with the pre-owned one for £18.99. Nightmare :lol:

I'm really liking it so far, it's not really what I was expecting. I've never played any of the series before tho. It seems really deep, it'll take at least another play thru to see it properly I suspect.

On fallout 3, my tactic was to shoot them with the dart gun, thus crippling their legs. Then shooting them in the head with a missile launcher, before switching to my combat shotgun and blasting their face to pieces. Always made me smile killing them that way.

I forgot to mention this is on normal difficulty. No idea how much faster and dangerous deathclaws are on greater difficulties.

Well having bought dead money on the day it came out I actually decided to give it a go today. It is pretty dark and quite intense at times. A very different experience from the rest of the game I think it does well as a wee break from the mojave.

Still got a fair bit to do of it i'm sure. Once your in it you cant get out it until you complete it.

I forgot to mention this is on normal difficulty. No idea how much faster and dangerous deathclaws are on greater difficulties.

Crippling the legs is the best way, means that they can't leap at you.

I recently acquired the Annabelle, firing missiles is definitely the way to take them. Wiped out the Quarry Junction using that tactic.

Crippling the legs is the best way, means that they can't leap at you.

I recently acquired the Annabelle, firing missiles is definitely the way to take them. Wiped out the Quarry Junction using that tactic.

The dart gun was brilliant for that. Relatively easy to make and find darts. And you could shoot enemies anywhere on the body, instantly crippling their legs.

Do you get the dart gun, bottlecap mines, etc on this game?

Archived