Fallout New Vegas

the_russian

Just completed it there :)

I'd originally been following the Mr House storyline but decided to change and go down the Wild Card way, taking New Vegas for myself. Mwahahaha!

What a fucking excellent game. I'm looking forward to starting it again already. Think I'll go the NCR way.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I was getting quite far in this game, when an achievement popped up saying 'Walker of the Mojave'. Apparently you get this for discovering 50 different locations. It was then I noticed there's a similar one for discovering 125 locations ohmy.gif

Just completed it there :)

Glad I wasn't the only one sitting playing it at half 6 in the morning. :P

I've just reached the Fort, looking for that Benny c**t. Think I'll be taking the Wild Card option too.

I thought I was getting quite far in this game, when an achievement popped up saying 'Walker of the Mojave'. Apparently you get this for discovering 50 different locations. It was then I noticed there's a similar one for discovering 125 locations ohmy.gif

There's 187(!!) different locations. :lol: Think I've discovered about 49 or so. Last time I checked it was 47, but the achievement for 50 hasn't popped, so I presume I'm still just under it.

Helped the NCR clear this fort of Legion peeps, so now I'm villified by the Legion, so I'll not be going back to Caesar's fort anytime soon, which is a shame, as I fancied frying Benny with the Plasma defender. Not sure how I'm going to complete the game without going there, but I've plenty other stuff to be getting on with, so I'm not actually that bothered if I complete the main storyline or not.

Finally started this baby, bought it about a month ago when it was 20 pound in asda. Decided against playing it on hardcore, just been to the bar to meet the chick who helps u get used to shooting n that now she has told me to find some plants for her from the school and the graveyard, went to the graveyard and need a shovel I think, looks good so far

I really need to get back on track with this,

Things like death claws and cazadors put me off cos they are everywhere and fucking murder to kill

Have you got a companion?, one or two companions along with a good gun, you should be fine. Probably a few stimpaks just incase too.

Have you got a companion?, one or two companions along with a good gun, you should be fine. Probably a few stimpaks just incase too.

I wandered into what I think was basically a cazador nest when I was playing last night and they just destroyed me, Rex and Boone. Tried to kill them all a few times for the XP but in the end I just left it.

I wandered into what I think was basically a cazador nest when I was playing last night and they just destroyed me, Rex and Boone. Tried to kill them all a few times for the XP but in the end I just left it.

Aye I have boone. but they do just destroy me. also canny find a way into the great khans camp. cos it is surrounded by Cazadors, Deathclaws and Giant radscorpions (which one or two is ok, but i litterally mean about 15 of them.)

also canny find a way into the great khans camp. cos it is surrounded by Cazadors, Deathclaws and Giant radscorpions (which one or two is ok, but i litterally mean about 15 of them.)

Head north from Goodsprings. On the road up, there will be a few cadazors, but if you have companions, they shouldn't be too much trouble. There's a left turn into a valley at one point, and the path is littered with dead bodies. At the far end, there looks like a group of tents. Avoid the tents like the plague as there are hunners of cadazors there. Try and get up the side of the mountain on the right hand side. Cadazors will still appear below you, but if you're quick enough, you can outrun them. You'll then head down into an open area where there will be a few Radscorpions. If you take a straight path through, you'll eventually come to the Khans' camp fairly unscathed. I never met a deathclaw once on that route.

Met my first 'Flaming Geckos' last night, the ones that breath fire straight at you. They are fucking annoying.

Met my first 'Flaming Geckos' last night, the ones that breath fire straight at you. They are fucking annoying.

Indeed, they chase you for ages too if you don't kill them. They walk funny too :lol:

Just left the Brotherhood bunker at the Hidden Valley, and there were three or four Paladin warriors waiting for us outside. I don't have enough speech score to convince them not to kill you (90 needed), and they just detroy you in seconds. Thing is the game reloads at the same bit, so I can't progress. I reloaded my last manual save, which was wasn't far behind it in gametime, but the last twice, the game has frozen up after a couple of mins. Could be my New Vegas adventure has come to an end. sad.gif

Anyone successfully retrieved Ranger Morales' corpse? I took it all the way to the Camp door but it won't let you take it in with you.

Caesar's Legion at Cottonwood Cove

Minor

In return for an answer, I will provide you with a nugget of info. If you're going to destroy Caesar's group at Cottonwood Cave, then go up(south) to Cottonwood Overlook and you can open the door to a truck and radioactive barrels will fall down into the camp. Although, I didn't actually use this(found it too late) it says it might kill people when you click "X" on ps3, and you have the choice to open or leave it alone. There are slaves hanging about in cages in the camp that you can release and pass a quest immediately, so I'd watch out.

Just left the Brotherhood bunker at the Hidden Valley, and there were three or four Paladin warriors waiting for us outside. I don't have enough speech score to convince them not to kill you (90 needed), and they just detroy you in seconds. Thing is the game reloads at the same bit, so I can't progress. I reloaded my last manual save, which was wasn't far behind it in gametime, but the last twice, the game has frozen up after a couple of mins. Could be my New Vegas adventure has come to an end. sad.gif

Are you exiting into the Hidden Valley at night? If so then there will be a BoS patrol, that will be what's killing you.

Try waiting until the daytime with the back button inside the bunker then enter into the Hidden Valley during the day, and there shouldn't be that patrol.

Are you exiting into the Hidden Valley at night? If so then there will be a BoS patrol, that will be what's killing you.

Try waiting until the daytime with the back button inside the bunker then enter into the Hidden Valley during the day, and there shouldn't be that patrol.

Na, it's during the day. It's just after one of the Brotherhood missions with Veronica. I think it might be because she was vocal towards the Elder's motives, so as soon as we leave, those guys are just waiting outside to execute her (and me!). Thing is, because the game autosaves when you move from one location to the next, it's always re-starting at the same point, and it goes straight to the conversation with them that I can't succeed with as I'm just short of the speech skill needed.

Archived