Fallout New Vegas

the_russian

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many hours have folk put in to this? I hit 50 last night. Quite incredible given I started the game expecting to be bored to tears, a la Fallout 3. I've completed 25 quests, whilst I'm sure I've read they're are 58 in total (Inc. side quests), so if true, I'm not even half way through completing it fully. :o

My first playthrough was about 20-22 hours (can't remember exactly), on my second playthrough I'm about seven hours in.

It'd be good if it kept a tally of how many hours you play across all playthroughs.

My game is crashing more frequently, I'm getting really peaved with it now. More updates needed methinks. mad.gif

Mine seems to crash every second time I play it. Almost always when I'm in VATS :unsure:

I have been Running aroung with Boone, but I told him to go home so I could get Cass with me so I could take her to the Van Graffs's

Big Jean Baptiste just shoot's her, what for? what's the deal? I dunno If I want her deed, What benefit do I get from it?

I love the kings also.

I need a Super weapon, any suggestions? and where do i get it?

I need a Super weapon, any suggestions? and where do i get it?

I know a few but not sure if you have the skill to get them.

There's a crashed plane in the south somewhere, might be crashed vertibird. You need to take out about 6 or 7 robots to get to the Tesla cannon prototype or whatever it's called. It's a pwn machine.

I've already mentioned the Annabelle, nightkin on the guard tower at black mountain has it.

If you can get your lockpick up to 100 then go to sniper's nest, slightly north of cottonwood cove. There's a Gobi sniper rifle. Very useful.

I used to be friends with the NCR. Now, I can't go near them without getting attacked. I didn't even do anything to provoke them, and I don't have a reputation with them.

What's going on?!

EDIT: I'm neutral with them.

Decided to take a break from quests etc, and got fired in to Dead Wind Cavern. Was pretty straight forward with the Anti-Material rifle. Dealt with the Deathclaws (Young, Baby, Mother and normal) pretty easily, the Legendary Deathclaw wasn't too much of a handful either, a few shots and it was down.

I also done the Quarry and it's surrounding areas last night - in those areas were 11/12 Deathclaws that had re-appeared, I didn't realise they did! So I ended up killing about 35 Deathclaws last night, then those ones in DWC. Sure racked up the XP with that! Might head up DC promontory next.

I used to be friends with the NCR. Now, I can't go near them without getting attacked. I didn't even do anything to provoke them, and I don't have a reputation with them.

What's going on?!

EDIT: I'm neutral with them.

If you wear powder ganger or legion clothes they'll open fire.

Struggling to get into this i'm still at the part where you need to get the root plant and other thing for the 1st chick but i have no idea where to go i'm no good at free roaming games. :lol:

Press circle and r1 until you get onto the screen with maps and quests. Go onto quests and click the campfire one. Then go onto the map and there'll be a pointy rectangle with the place your supposed to go. If you go onto the local map, it'll show you exactly. Ones at the school and the others at the graveyard, IIRC.

Was pretty straight forward with the Anti-Material rifle.

Where can you find ammo for it? It's miles too expensive at the Gun Runners place. 400 caps for 20 shots. Er, no thanks. None of the ammo I've found in over 40 hours playing time is the right stuff.

Where can you find ammo for it? It's miles too expensive at the Gun Runners place. 400 caps for 20 shots. Er, no thanks. None of the ammo I've found in over 40 hours playing time is the right stuff.

I buy it from the Gun Runners mainly. Although I'm sure there are other places that I can't quite remember. Brotherhood of Steel might be one.

You should try and raise your Barter skill though to get things cheaper. I went to the GR there to check out how much the A-MR ammo is and it transpires that I can get 57 shots for 399 caps. Works out at 7 caps a shot.

I tend to pick up anything I can find as well, armor/weapons especially, and just sell them to fund more ammo. A good tip is to hunt down some Cazadors and kill them, then take their poison glands - think they're valued at 85 or so. Easy money.

Archived