E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I've managed to get my laptop connected to the television with a HDMI cable, however, when watching videos the signal cuts out every few minutes then comes back on.

It's only for a couple of second,however, it's very off putting. Any suggestions as to how I fix this? Thanks.

I managed to water damage my Kindle a few weeks back - do i need to send it off to amazon are there places I could take it to?

Have you tried tapping it?

Sorry I'll get my coat....rolleyes.gif

Hi folks.

I currently have a desktop PC but want to switch to a laptop.

If I buy a laptop, how easy is it for me to transfer my E Mail address and old E Mails etc from one to another?

Depends what kind of email you have. If its webmail it will happen anyway. If its POP3 then the emails may still be on the server, same with IMAP

Failing that, you should be able to export your emails and contacts and import them back in on the laptop.

Need to know bit more about what and who you use for emails, really

Depends what kind of email you have. If its webmail it will happen anyway. If its POP3 then the emails may still be on the server, same with IMAP

Failing that, you should be able to export your emails and contacts and import them back in on the laptop.

Need to know bit more about what and who you use for emails, really

Just knew it wasn't going to be straight forward with my limited information.

I know for a fact it is POP3 and I use outlook express. I am not that fussed about getting my old E Mails transferred over, just want my existing E Mail addresses switched over to laptop so any new E Mails come onto that.

At work at the moment, hence the limited info!!

Just knew it wasn't going to be straight forward with my limited information.

I know for a fact it is POP3 and I use outlook express. I am not that fussed about getting my old E Mails transferred over, just want my existing E Mail addresses switched over to laptop so any new E Mails come onto that.

At work at the moment, hence the limited info!!

The all you'd do is setup outlook express on your laptop in the same way as it is on your PC - ie create an account and enter the server, log in details etc.

Presumably, you'll want your contacts too? You should be able to easily export them from outlook express on your PC and import them again on the laptop.

While your at it, consider ditching Outlook express! Thunderbird is a much better, free, email client :)

The all you'd do is setup outlook express on your laptop in the same way as it is on your PC - ie create an account and enter the server, log in details etc.

Presumably, you'll want your contacts too? You should be able to easily export them from outlook express on your PC and import them again on the laptop.

While your at it, consider ditching Outlook express! Thunderbird is a much better, free, email client :)

Cheers for the advice, I really use my E Mails at home so little it won't make that much of a difference, most of them come through on my works E Mail address.

I hadn't even thought of the trial edition!

Downloaded this morning, installed with my serial number, activated with no problems at all over the internet.

Brilliant suggestion - green spot for you!

I did that. You will get an e-mail from Microsoft now about once a month forever telling you your trial has expired! They don't seem to link legitimate licence numbers replacing the trial licence.

I've got spotify on my iPhone and I'm trying to sync my playlists onto it so that I can play them when I don't have a good connection.

It says that you do this via wifi, so naturally I connected my phone to my wifi network using our password. For some reason it doesn't seem to be downloading the songs and I don't have that wee wifi signal at the top of my phone either. I'm not really sure why this is, am I missing something really obvious here that I need to do to connect my phone properly?

Edited by Spiders For Life

Here's a funny one. My htc legend has been brilliant up until this week. The flashplayer seems to be a bit fucked and is slow to buffer, even on a strong wireless signal. It runs the audio eventually but the video simply flashes intermittent frame.

Looked on market for an update but no joy. Any ideas?

Apologies for posting this on various threads,but it's really driving me daft!

In the last day or so,every time I'm on the Internet,numerous addditional tabs keep appearing automatically,all of which are either linked to game sites, or telling me I've won something.

They're really starting to piss me off.

How if at all,can I stop these?

Cheers

Apologies for posting this on various threads,but it's really driving me daft!

In the last day or so,every time I'm on the Internet,numerous addditional tabs keep appearing automatically,all of which are either linked to game sites, or telling me I've won something.

They're really starting to piss me off.

How if at all,can I stop these?

Cheers

Run a scan on your computer, might just be an irritating little virus, other than that, I have no idea what it could be.

Just came onto my laptop after coming in from school, to find that I don't have my toolbar at the bottom of my browser(Google Chrome) or any other windows, MSN and spotify etc. It also won't let me save a screenshot or any type of picture sad.gif help would be appreciated huh.gif.

Just came onto my laptop after coming in from school, to find that I don't have my toolbar at the bottom of my browser(Google Chrome) or any other windows, MSN and spotify etc. It also won't let me save a screenshot or any type of picture sad.gif help would be appreciated huh.gif.

What happens when you press the windows button? Also you don't have a second monitor plugged in or anything like that?