E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

What it could be, now you've described it is a virus specifically in your profile. Obviously depends on what version of the OS it is, but sometimes Malwarebytes seems to pick up and finds the virus, but then leaves the file behind, making the whole thing start again. What you could try is going back to safe mode, and after running malwarebytes again, going into your profile (on my XP machine, its c:\documents and settings), clicking on your folder, and then looking in application data. you might have to make sure you can view hidden files) You might see a folder with a meaningless name "xxxyjyjyj002" or some gibberish like that. If you can find and delete something like that, then that might help.

Also, 35 viruses? What tells you that? Is it a new virus scanner you haven't seen before that is encouraging you to buy software? If so, then don't worry about that, there is likely to be only one virus, and its the "virus scanner".

Hope that helps you!

The program that is telling you that you have 35 viruses is actually the virus. It's a fake antivirus that is a real c**t to get rid of. Surprised MalwareBytes didn't pick it up actually. Did you update MalwareBytes before you ran it and did you run a full scan?

Are you able to download and install Microsoft Security Essentials?

Another option is pressing F8 just before the Windows loading screen and choosing system restore or you might need to choose repair my computer then choose system restore. System restore will allow you to restore the computer to the way it was before you got the virus but it might not work.

You two are both fucking gorgeous. It was a new anti-virus saying I had 35 viruses and wanting me to buy it.

Thanks guys, I'll try both these and let you know. It's appreciated!

You two are both fucking gorgeous. It was a new anti-virus saying I had 35 viruses and wanting me to buy it.

Thanks guys, I'll try both these and let you know. It's appreciated!

Didn't realise that's what you had, I had this a while back. Started this thread as well, might be of use. I just ended up restoring default settings though(after going into safe mode and taking all my important files off).

I got it away somehow. By mixing loads of peoples opinions and downloading various things from the web. But it's all gone now, thanks for the help everyone.

xxxx

Can anyone help me out with this one.....

Can you connect the PS3 slim to the internet wirlessly without the need for a dongle to go into the USB port??

Sorry for the ignorance but not very clued up on all this wirelelss stuff. :(

Can anyone help me out with this one.....

Can you connect the PS3 slim to the internet wirlessly without the need for a dongle to go into the USB port??

Sorry for the ignorance but not very clued up on all this wirelelss stuff. :(

Yes. Just go into the network options and scan for wireless networks.

Yes. Just go into the network options and scan for wireless networks.

Thanks Geedub, will try that when i get a chance.

Another quickie, can anyone help my with downloading my photos off my Iphone 4 onto my pc?? I have managed this once before but i'm not sure how i done it. When i connect the phone to the usb port only Itunes loads up which as far as i can see doesnt have an option for uploading photos.

Thanks Geedub, will try that when i get a chance.

Another quickie, can anyone help my with downloading my photos off my Iphone 4 onto my pc?? I have managed this once before but i'm not sure how i done it. When i connect the phone to the usb port only Itunes loads up which as far as i can see doesnt have an option for uploading photos.

Mail them from your iPhone to your pc,then save them to a file ;)

Mail them from your iPhone to your pc,then save them to a file ;)

Surely there must be an easier way than that??

edited to add - there is. The PC treats the iphone just like any other USB camera/storage device

Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC

On a Windows PC the easiest way to get pictures from your iPhone is to just use Windows Explorer, but there’s two ways to go about this:

Plugin your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running

Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device

Select “View Content”

Find your photos through the folders that are displayed

Copy in Windows as usual

If your iPhone is already plugged into your PC, you can try this method:

Plugin your iPhone to your PC

Open “My Computer”

Find your iPhone, it will appear as any other camera would

Open iPhone to find your Photos

Select the pictures you want to copy to your computer and copy/paste them into the desired location on your PC

The Windows approach treats the iPhone more like a file system, but if you feel like it you can also use your favorite photo importing application to pull the pictures from the device as well.

Edited by Mr X

I got it away somehow. By mixing loads of peoples opinions and downloading various things from the web. But it's all gone now, thanks for the help everyone.

xxxx

Watch out for them, they are as I think you reaslised a right c**t, I got one the other day, bi-passed Avira and Malwayre bytes, took me a while to get rid of the fucker, had to restore my system to the last time it had saved, thankfully it was only a couple of days earlier and I hadn't done anything bar using the internet.

Surely there must be an easier way than that??

edited to add - there is. The PC treats the iphone just like any other USB camera/storage device

Job done. Thanks very much mate.

Right lads/lassies, ave fucked up, my computer screen, its upside down, if yopu can get my drift, touched something, cause ave had a fair scoop help.

you been at the voddie punk mate ? tongue.gif

You've pressed CTRL + ALT + the UP key. To fix it, press CTRL + ALT and the down arrow key.

edit: other way around. You press CTRL, ALT and Down, to fix it you need to press CTRL, ALT and UP.

Never knew that you could do that. Now to annoy some of the @rseholes at work! 8)

You've pressed CTRL + ALT + the UP key. To fix it, press CTRL + ALT and the down arrow key.

edit: other way around. You press CTRL, ALT and Down, to fix it you need to press CTRL, ALT and UP.

Thanx man, will need too stop drinking and messing around with the computer.

Anyone recommend good dvd ripping and dvd burning software, which is free of course. Like unlimited so I don't need to pay for it after a trial. No reason rolleyes.gif

I use CloneDVD, that works pretty well mate.