Biggest junior support

the bankie

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you class the Pars as then? :lol:

Still cannae master the smileys I see. Better luck next time.

I'd class them as the best team in the 1st division easily capable of being in the spl.

On the contrary it seems you can't understand them, better luck next time Kiddo;)

Thought, you already did.

Nah Clydebank went bust a good few years back, so I don't have to watch them anymore.

Btw I saw a game against Clydebank and Dunfermline once, east end park was 5-0? or something along those lines, woulda been about 1999.

I would say two men and a dug were following Clydebank but sadly the dug didn't turn up, awful away support.

Edit:- Just looked back on pars dateabase and it was 6-0, even highlights on youtube

Going by the comments on here by some bankies fans I expected to see billions of clydebank fans going mental and singing the whole game!

Sadly I never saw any, I think the fans behind the goals may even be pars fans..

I think u mean 6-0 ... bloody awful it was. There were around 200 in thd main stand ... during a season where we were getting gubbed every week ... 1 league win all season and an owner that was trying to sell us to Huntly I think at the time. ... or was it Gala ? I think that's not a bad turnout in the circumstances. Seem to recall one of your hospitality folk sitting next to us making a total erse of himself ... that wasn't u was it :) ... You have a nice day

I'd class them as the best team in the 1st division easily capable of being in the spl.

On the contrary it seems you can't understand them, better luck next time Kiddo;)

Nah Clydebank went bust a good few years back, so I don't have to watch them anymore.

Btw I saw a game against Clydebank and Dunfermline once, east end park was 5-0? or something along those lines, woulda been about 1999.

I would say two men and a dug were following Clydebank but sadly the dug didn't turn up, awful away support.

Edit:- Just looked back on pars dateabase and it was 6-0, even highlights on youtube

Going by the comments on here by some bankies fans I expected to see billions of clydebank fans going mental and singing the whole game!

Sadly I never saw any, I think the fans behind the goals may even be pars fans..

were u even there ya choob ? I've already told u where we were for that game ... In the main stand as u romped to 2nd place. For the record it was 15th Apr 2000 ... we scored a total of 17 goals in our 36 games that year incl a whopping 1 in our last nine and 24 against. I prefer to remember the 14 wins we had against u ... esp the 6-3 win at EEP in 1981 when the peerless Miller and McCabe carved u up ... classic.

I think u mean 6-0 ... bloody awful it was. There were around 200 in thd main stand ... during a season where we were getting gubbed every week ... 1 league win all season and an owner that was trying to sell us to Huntly I think at the time. ... or was it Gala ? I think that's not a bad turnout in the circumstances. Seem to recall one of your hospitality folk sitting next to us making a total erse of himself ... that wasn't u was it :) ... You have a nice day

200?

Indeed, you've went from the 2nd top league in Scotland to...fook knows how low down the ladder you are, even in those days of yous getting humped i'd still fancy your chances of beating the diddys that now take Clydebank for a ride in the Juniors.

And nope, Norrie McCathie stand, first season supporting Dunfermline, what a joy it was..

And I wasn't even born in 1981..even if I was I'd take peace of mind that 6-0 > 6-3:rolleyes:

Best judge of supports would be club treasurers,who will be able to tell what comes through the gate,dont think there will be much between the Rose support and a succesfull Boness teams support,this is getting a bit"my dads bigger than your dad,"

Ma Dad is bigger than your dad laugh.giflaugh.gif

200?

Indeed, you've went from the 2nd top league in Scotland to...fook knows how low down the ladder you are, even in those days of yous getting humped i'd still fancy your chances of beating the diddys that now take Clydebank for a ride in the Juniors.

And nope, Norrie McCathie stand, first season supporting Dunfermline, what a joy it was..

And I wasn't even born in 1981..even if I was I'd take peace of mind that 6-0 > 6-3:rolleyes:

Where you bored, when you wandered on to this thread, oh we beat clydebank 6 - 0, your team is pi$$, who the fcuk cares, once your ging gang goolies have dropped, we can then have a decent conversation.

bankies fans in particular seem obsessed with it , maybe because it was such a issue for them towards the end of there time in seniors with record low crowds ( for whatever reason ) they feel the need to let everyone know that there no longer a side who get 2 men and the dug at games ( a phrase a good few bankie fans have used in regards to my team and some others )

Has anyone ever been at a game where there have only been 2 men and a dug?

And some of the best matches I've seen had small crowds - although by today's standards they would probably be big crowds.

Has anyone ever been at a game where there have only been 2 men and a dug?

And some of the best matches I've seen had small crowds - although by today's standards they would probably be big crowds.

Strangest thing I've seen was at the egg-chasing - a club game switched to Murrayfield at 11th hour because of frozen pitches elsewhere, crowd was probably six, was quite difficult to make actual people out against all the empty seats! Also far end was foggy, so couldn't really see what was going on most of the time. Definitely more players than crowd though. A man there was walking his dog round and round the upper tier the whole game, poor wee dug must have got dizzy! God knows how I ended up at that one!

It used to be a fairly regular occurrence for dogs to end up on the pitch, even at senior matches, never mind junior ones.

Those days are long gone of course, I imagine it would be fairly difficult to train even the most intelligent dog to insert a swipe card in the appropriate place - not to mention that it would be dripping with saliva.

We were away to Whitletts last season and one of the Whitletts players' dogs ran all over the pitch before second half kicked off. Even I tried in vain to help get it off but it showed great movement, and got away from me. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it's on the wing for them now, it evaded everyone that day.

If I remember right Pollock a few years ago had a very poor crowd for a Scottish final at Love St

Pollok have a good week in week out home support and a decent away support, where they fall down is that they are unable to attract huge crowds for finals etc like Talbot, Clydebank the Rose etc, in fact the Scottish Final crowd between them and Arthurlie (a local derby) was one of the lowest recorded. Talbot have a superb week in week out away support but their home crowd is not as good as it used to be unless there is a tasty game in hand. It is worrying that all clubs in our grade are suffering from the couch pub fans watching Sky. There are some in our grade with good sized towns and not bad facilities can hardly get 50 through the gates. As for the guy who thinks Meadow have one of the biggest supports, don't see it. Beith and Ladeside certainly have good singers.

Archived