The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Black Sabbath have announced details of their final tour.  They're playing The Hydro on the 24th of January - http://www.livenation.co.uk/show/847696/black-sabbath/glasgow/2017-01-24/en

2017 looking good for gigs already as Meshuggah are playing the ABC on the 15th of January - https://www.academymusicgroup.com/o2abcglasgow/events/845515/meshuggah-tickets

Just bought a standing ticket via O2 Priority pre-sale link.  After fees & P+P it came to just over £87 :huh:

Yeah f**k that, over £80 watch them play the same set they played last time? I'll pass. Save my money for hopefully an Iron Maiden date in Glasgow

The new Architects album is absolutely incredible. Definitely the best album I've heard this year and I'd make an argument for it being the best metal album of this century so far.

It is an immense album but I'd say their previous effort Lost Forever // Lost Together was better.

Id really like to finally see Sabbath but £80 plus bangers for anyone is a joke.

I would have had second thoughts but I've never seen them before and this should be the last chance.  Luckily for me my parents are covering £50 of the ticket for my birthday, they weren't willing to pay the full whack which is fair enough.

Id really like to finally see Sabbath but £80 plus bangers for anyone is a joke.

Thinking aboot it, saw the heaven and hell Dio tour but £80 is steep considering the state of Ozzy.

No bill ward on this tour?

Amon Amarth, Testament and Grand Magus in November.

*toddler fistpump photo*

That's more like it, need to find out what recent stuff testaments brought oot.

Thinking aboot it, saw the heaven and hell Dio tour but £80 is steep considering the state of Ozzy.

No bill ward on this tour?

That's more like it, need to find out what recent stuff testaments brought oot.

The last 2 outputs (Formation of Damnation and Dark Roots of Earth) have been really good. Think they have a new album dropping soon aswell.

Seen Black Sabbath, 4 times so I'm quite content with missing this gig at the Hydro.

Testament are fucking excellent, pity their gig in the ABC is on a Tuesday night though...