The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

http://www.loureedme...ten-to-lulu. php

absolute fucking shite, anybody who pays their money for this shit must be off their head because this easily the worst album of 2011 (even worse is those that buy this album pureply because Metallica were a part of it).

So go on guys, give it a listen to and torture your ears as much as i just have :lol:

atleast its spawned this already :D

anlq45.jpg

I listened to a clip of it a few week back and that was enough for me....

Just as Metallica had gained their rep back with Death Magnetic they come out with a clanger like this....

Bet it goes to #1 with the name only dry.gif.

One of my mates is a hardcore Metallica fan, I can see him gushing all over this album no matter what it sounds like.

I listened to a clip of it a few week back and that was enough for me....

Just as Metallica had gained their rep back with Death Magnetic they come out with a clanger like this....

Bet it goes to #1 with the name only dry.gif.

One of my mates is a hardcore Metallica fan, I can see him gushing all over this album no matter what it sounds like.

Dont be so sure, Im a hardcore Metallica fan and even I hate this absolute arse gravy.

The first lyrics blabbered on the album are:

"I would cut my legs and tits off

When I think of Boris Karloff and Kinski

In the dark of the moon"

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, what?

Complete nonsense, thats what. It makes the line "Frantic tick tick tick tock" look amazing.

The albums somehow even worse than I thought it would be, there isnt that much Hetfield, and Reeds lyrics dont seem to fit any of the songs. You could interchange them on any of the tracks and I doubt anyone would notice. I'm no proper musician so i could be wrong, but surely Reeds off key and out of time almost everywhere on this? It actually sounds painful and uncomfortable to listen to.

I suppose it has some glimpses of great riffs and decent instrumental sections, but that just makes me more angry, why waste time on this horse shit when they could be doing their own thing? Theres one song called Mistress Dread thats really thrashy and fast, I got a little excited, but then in comes Lou to piss all over it.

Awful, just awful.

I just cant imagine anyone actually enjoying this at all. And their going to be on Jools Holland in a few weeks too. A lot of people know I'm a big Metallica fan so I'm going to have to let everyone know I'm well aware this is abysmal, and dont in any way endorse it!

Edited by poang

I got halfway through Lulu then gave up and put on Ride.

Just awful - the riffs, the vocal, the lyrics, the production. Awful.

Think I will give this album a body swerve. Metallica should have followed up on Death Magnetic instead of going down this route, now they are back at square one :(

I heard about this "study" on The Metal Hammer podcast today. Gill and Hill didn't have a clue exactly what it was about but still ripped into it. They were right to do so. Sounds like a terrible piece of "research".

Heavy metal music has negative impacts on youth - Point of note, the URL does have 666 in it :P

Highlights include...

“Most young people listen to a range of music in positive ways; to block out crowds, to lift their mood or to give them energy when exercising, but young people at risk of depression are more likely to be listening to music, particularly heavy metal music, in a negative way.

“Examples of this are when someone listens to the same song or album of heavy metal music over and over again and doesn’t listen to anything else. They do this to isolate themselves or escape from reality.

“If this behavior continues over a period of time then it might indicate that this young person is suffering from depression or anxiety, and at worst, might suggest suicidal tendencies.”

Sounds like shite you'd read in the Daily Mail.

Edited by NorthernLights