The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

oh god....

Apparently BVB at Download this year were absolutely laughable...

I've never heard any of their songs..they look like a cross between Turisas and Motley Crue....(no disrespect intended to those bands)

never heard of any the other bands there....

Alice Cooper looks about 40 in his picture.

Marilyn Manson looks like a total redneck with learning difficulties.

Steven Tyler doesnt look....real.

Tom Araya looks like Linda Hamilton from the first Terminator.

Gene Simmons has total rapeface.

Kirk Hammett looks like Rosa Parks.

Know if was in the top 50 albums thread but probably better to take the discussion here since it's died and I'm dragging it up again: metal bands doing ballads. Can't believe I forgot this when we initially had the discussion:

didn't know that one, good song.

The acoustic renditions of Testament are amazing.

So Helloween/Gamma Ray only british date is in London (surprise surprise) at the HMV forum.

I'm planning to go to PPM Fest instead. Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius and Avantasia. Everything else that gets added now is just a bonus.

When I worked out costs, it was only ~£40 more expensive, but chances are flights will be a bit more expensive now.

The usual November and December metal madness is upon us. So who are we all going to see then?

Im going to catch Gojira, Steel Panther and Marilyn Manson/Rob Zombie

Gojira, Opeth and Katatonia for me.

Just back from London and The Retinal Circus was an enjoyable way to spend an evening. Thought I was going to miss the start at one point but managed to get to the Roundhouse in plently of time. My phone ran out of power just before I was due to go so had to borrow my dads ancient Samsung phone so I have no photos/video. However I think that helped in a way as there was nothing to distract me from the actual gig itself.

There was so much going on stage that it was difficult to keep a track of everything. What seeing that gig has made me do is want to get more of his stuff. I've got all the DTP and SYL albums but nothing else.

Edited by NorthernLights