The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

The usual November and December metal madness is upon us. So who are we all going to see then?

Im going to catch Gojira, Steel Panther and Marilyn Manson/Rob Zombie

Gojira

Opeth

Frank Turner

Testament

Devin Townsend

Sounds like a fair few of us are going to Gojira. Potential beast of a gig.

For those that haven't heard - Suicide Silence frontman Mitch Lucker is dead at 28. So gutted about this. He was one of the best frontmen going IMO. I'll be raising a glass to his memory tonight,

R.I.P Mitch

Tragic obviously, but i had never heard of him before so went on to his twitter account.

image_normal.jpgMitch Lucker@MitchLuckerSSThe dead are living... http://instagr.am/p/ReAKCRKG5B/

View photo

Perhaps not, Mitch.

For those that haven't heard - Suicide Silence frontman Mitch Lucker is dead at 28. So gutted about this. He was one of the best frontmen going IMO. I'll be raising a glass to his memory tonight,

R.I.P Mitch

Really is devastating news, he was an immense frontman and I doubt SS will be able to find someone of his calibre to replace him if they even attempt to, not to mention the fact he has a young daughter as well. R.I.P Mitch.

just bought my ticket for there gig at o2 in glasgow in march, havent been to a gig in ages so really looking forward to it

Lucky you, I'd love to go!

R.I.P Mitch

Horrid News. A great band, and one id been hoping to see for a while. Always felt they were on the cusp of becoming mega big in the genre a la BMTH

Edited by Zizou-5

Sabaton is going to be fucking awsome tomorrow night, really cant wait for it.

I noticed that in a coupla of the gigs theyve played a coupla of the new tracks in the swedish version, which i hope happens here. "Got Mitt Uns" and "Carolus Rex" swedish versions are much better than the english ones.

Great that they've been playing "Attero Dominatus" too, great song.

Sabaton were immense as expected (left before the end so i because i didnt want to risk having to wait till after 11pm to get the train home, was anything else played after Primo Victoria? i know they had been ending with Metal Crue). Still the setlist was top notch, Joakim was in good form :)

i saw 4-5 songs of the band that was on before (Elluviate?) and they were awful, although the female vocalist on the right hand part of the stage was hot (i never got a good look at the woman on the left playing the Violin, some big tall b*****d blocking my view).

I just hope my ears will have recouvered enough to survive the onslaught of Anthrax/Motorhead on friday :lol:

Also thought the Scotland exclusive tour t-shirt Sabaton did was really cool, got myself one of those.

Aye it was only Metal Crue after Primo Victoria. Excellent gig, preferred the setlist the last time but last night was a better show.

Me and my mate contrived to miss the last train home despite being out the gig an hour before it, causing us to embark on a trip to the Cathouse where we had a shite time while it turned out a few of our mates who'd been at ICW were stood outside for ages and met Drew McIntyre. laugh.gif

Hopefully the set list for Opeth next week is a lot better then the one they did at the Picture House.

They've been slowly but surely re-introducing the heavier stuff over the last few months. At least 50% of the set will still be mellow though

Edited by Consolidate

They've been slowly but surely re-introducing the heavier stuff over the last few months. At least 50% of the set will still be mellow though

That'll do for me. I had a feeling there would be more heavy songs with this special acoustic show in London.

Bit worried about Gojira tomorrow. I booked the train that would get me into Glasgow for 18:15. That would be plenty of time to get to the hotel, check in and then head over to The Garage. There is some train that derailed on Sunday morning somewhere between Arbroath and Montrose and is still causing issues. I better not suffer from any major delays cause of it!