The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

NEW METALLICA SONG!!!!!!!

It starts of promising (the riffs and drums start off pretty well) then runs into a few problems...

- James vocals still suck

- Its too fucking long (its about 2 minutes longer than it needs to be)

- Solo sucks (boring/unmemorable start, generic shredding afterwards that isnt all that catchy)

- Lords of Summer, really?

Thank f**k for the likes of Overkill, Testament, Anthrax and others are still providing some solid thrash material, because the heavy hitters (Metallica, Megadave and Slayer) are finished.

Well, Red Fang were f*cking top notch last night!

Surprisingly the first time i've ever been to a gig in the Classic Grand. Must say it's a great wee venue, the acoustics were brilliant, no real hassle to get to the bar and as an added bonus they serve Joker IPA on tap :thumsup2

Next up: Monster Truck/Scorpion Child on Sat @ King Tuts

Awesome stuff last night. Scorpion Child were a wee bit patchy - when they were good they were excellent, but they lost their way a couple of times. Monster Truck were intense to the nth degree - riff heaven for this punter. A great night all round with an honourable mention for Buffalo Summer.

Only gig I have planned now is NIN at The Hydro. Can't wait as I've been wanting to see Reznor and co in the flesh for years. I think there might be one or two interesting gigs in Aberdeen in the coming months though.

Booked up for the Damnation Festival in Leeds but that isn't until November. Raging Speedhorn and Bolt Thrower the only bands announced last time I checked but keen to see as many new bands as I can during it.

Can I also add Blue Pills to my recommended list - a Scandinavian bird with the voice of an angel and a guitarist who channels Hendrix in parts.

They're live in Glasgow next month, and all for £6:50. Full gig below, ranging from ballads to bluesy numbers to total wig-outs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ExkEconUU

Full killer be killed album due in May. Should be good.

Edited to add: in a random fact of the day styles, their drummer Dave Elitch, is also the drummer for Miley Cyrus...that must be a headfuck.

Edited by cb_diamond