The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Tempted to download it even if the qualities not great

Im not gonna waste it for myself with sub-par sound quality, just gonna wait till it comes out and buy it.

There's only a few bands where I make a point of buying their new releases and LoG are definitely one of them 8)

I see that Howard Jones is no longer in Killswitch Engage, sad news. But let's be honest, he was nothing compared to Jesse Leach. Surely time for these boys to call it a day anyway I think. No doubt they'll be hiring Phil Labonte or Brian Fair though.

Rumour doing the rounds that Howard Jones has left Killswitch Engage, and Jessie Leach may be coming back. Gutting news if true I loved big Howards voice and what he done at Killswitch was remarkable, however that being said....I would also love to see Jessie back, another great vocalist but would be weird, hearing him sing anything that Howard done.

I see that Howard Jones is no longer in Killswitch Engage, sad news. But let's be honest, he was nothing compared to Jesse Leach. Surely time for these boys to call it a day anyway I think. No doubt they'll be hiring Phil Labonte or Brian Fair though.

Arghh beaten to it. However why do you think they should call it a day? They have been huge these past few years. Also Howard > Jesse :P

Edited by Zizou-5

They've just become a mediocre band really. Nothing groundbreaking from the latest albums and I can't see them producing anything remotely good in the future. They've become a one trick pony I would say.

Just my opinion mind, but Howard is fucking miiiilessss better than Jesse. His voice is one of the best in music, not just metal.

And he looks like Lenny Henry. What more do you fucking want!

Edited by Al B

Maybe it's just because I remember when Alive or Just Breathing came out and I always associated Killswitch with Jesse. The End of Heartache was a sign of what they were to become - A band that would prduce an album with two catchy songs on it and 8 or so throwaway tunes. Sadly there seems to be a lot of bands like this now (IMO) Amon Amarth being particularly notorious for making every song sound the same, and then the likes of All That Remains, God Forbid, Chimaira and dare I say, In Flames that have failed to produce a good album (compared to their earlier standards) for years. The only bands I can think of that are still producing good albums one after the other are Lamb Of God, Gojira, Darkest Hour and The Black Dahlia Murder. That's only the commercial bands, mind. In my opinion bands like Lunar Aurora, Pig Destroyer and Lifelover produce great album after great album.

Edited by Kid Twist

Just thought id put up a couple of bands I found out about recently.

They are a bit screamy at poiints so be warned if you dont like

Abandon all ships are a bit like Asking Alexandria meet A Day to Remember, and are in my opinion pretty good, but may not be to everyones taste, but worth a share.

For just a bit of fun, I thought people could post songs that remind them of their past/ school days. Not strictly "metal" songs required Punk/ Grunge welcome. Just "heavy songs" from back in the day really.

For me it was Nu-Metal as f**k school days. 1998-2004

Mudvayne - Death Blooms...

Machine Head - The Burning Red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssb_H8rzuAI