May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

great idea support the party that cost the taxpayer thousands, let me guess your first vote is labour?laugh.gif

Your guess is way off. Try again, there are only so many parties.

Anyway, they all cost us a fortune. Tell me what the others have done to entertain me?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is thinking about voting Labour, this is todays exchange between the Leader of the SNP and the Leader of Scottish Labour at First Ministers Questions. I'm not going to analyse it yet. Please watch it, and tell me if you are still determined to vote Labour?

If anyone is thinking about voting Labour, this is todays exchange between the Leader of the SNP and the Leader of Scottish Labour at First Ministers Questions. I'm not going to analyse it yet. Please watch it, and tell me if you are still determined to vote Labour?

I saw that. He gets worse and worse,yet unless things take a turn that fud will be our 1st minister. God help us all.

:( Oh for fucks sake.

Desperate, desperate stuff. Labour must be able to get a better leader than him, he's fucking awful.

http://thescotsman.s...odel.6670668.jp

This is the Scotsman's review of the above, copied in its entirety:

ALEX Salmond was accused of having "failed as a nationalist" and a First Minister after MSPs were told the SNP cites the war-ravaged country of Montenegro in a campaign promoting independence on the party's website. Labour leader Iain Gray referred to the website during a bad- tempered First Minister's Questions yesterday, when he said Mr Salmond had "lost the argument on independence" following the SNP leader's decision to shelve flagship plans for a vote on Scotland's constitutional future.

Mr Gray told MSPs that the site holds up the countries of Iceland and Ireland, which have been handed European Union rescue packages for their crisis-hit economies, as models of what an independent Scotland could be like.

The next country in a list of "success stories" within the "independence" section of the SNP website is the former Yugoslavian state of Montenegro, which was caught up in the 1990s Balkan war. It took Montenegro "only 40 days to become a fully independent sovereign state", according to the website.

Mr Gray said it took "40 days, two world wars, the Balkan conflict, ethnic cleansing, a war crimes tribunal and a UN peacekeeping mission".

He said: "You could not make this stuff up, unless you were the SNP. Iceland, Ireland, Montenegro - is it any wonder the First Minister has lost the argument on independence?

"In the real world it's nearly 2011 but in Alex Salmond's Bute House, Brigadoon, it's still nineteen-ninety-something."

But the First Minister accused the Labour leader of insulting other countries, including nations that send delegations of visitors to the public gallery of the Scottish Parliament. Mr Salmond said: "We often have ambassadors from other countries in our gallery who are welcomed by this chamber. I think Iain Gray will have to be careful how many countries he insults."

The Labour leader hit back and claimed that support for independence in Scotland was at a low. He said: "I think it is the party that has on their website that Montenegro shows how easy independence is that insults the history of that country and that people.

"Everyone knows Alex Salmond has failed as a First Minister but hasn't he also failed as a nationalist?

"The First Minister promised us a big year this year. He was going to have an Independence Bill on Burns Night and a referendum on St Andrew's Day. But he didn't."

Did they watch the same FMQs as me? I mean the subject matter and the quotes seem familiar, but they seem to think Iain Gray won that exchange!:o

Btw, showing just how much of a better paper they are, the Herald's take on matters seems completely different.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/politics/santa-salmond-makes-merry-as-grouchy-gray-ploughs-on-1.1076336

http://thescotsman.s...odel.6670668.jp

This is the Scotsman's review of the above, copied in its entirety:

Did they watch the same FMQs as me? I mean the subject matter and the quotes seem familiar, but they seem to think Iain Gray won that exchange!:o

Btw, showing just how much of a better paper they are, the Herald's take on matters seems completely different.

http://www.heraldsco...hs-on-1.1076336

It's christmas day

Fuckin lighten up

Get pished, I dislike this crap tae, but I'm going to enjoy myself.

It's christmas day

Fuckin lighten up

Get pished, I dislike this crap tae, but I'm going to enjoy myself.

I'm off to the office shortly. Some of us have absurd deadlines that HAVE to be met. Even though I don't do christmas, I didn't want to be forced to work overnights. :(

I'm off to the office shortly. Some of us have absurd deadlines that HAVE to be met. Even though I don't do christmas, I didn't want to be forced to work overnights. :(

I know that feeling well.

Thanks to the insanity of christianity, Im off til Friday. biggrin.gif

Archived