May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tavish's home and dry :D

Yes. The Lib Dem in the Scottish Parliament.

Disappointed Gray won, but at least he'll be around to explain Labour's performance, and might stay on as FM.

Is there an order in which they're announced? If so, could someone tell me when Glasgow Anniesland gets announced? I'm really tired. :(

I'll be amazed if it's not Bill Butler, he was 1/66 to win.

Yes. The Lib Dem in the Scottish Parliament.

Disappointed Gray won, but at least he'll be around to explain Labour's performance, and might stay on as FM.

:lol: :lol:

do you mean presiding officer....

edit: he hasn't edited this, despite the obvious trends? good god.

32,294 votes in East Lothian (57.33%)

Labour (Gray): 12,536

SNP: 12,385

Tories: 5,344

LD: 1,912

Fair play, the SNP gave that a very good shot considering.

Gray's speech (not verbatim)

"Thank you Alan, and I want to thank you and eh all of your team in the polling stations and here in the count for the efficient and the effective way they've conducted their election on the close result. Thanks to the police... and thank you to my opponents for fighting your campaigns vigourously but fairly throughout. Above all though I want to thank the people of East Lothian for voting me again for SNP... credit to party members for fighting on phones and doorsteps, but regretfully not lampposts thanks to the council's ban. But my greatest debt is to my agent, Pat Gordon... Pat has delivered a massive..." f**k it, stopped typing because he's talking rubbish.

He's talking ENTIRELY about this seat. "It's too late now to offend the rest of Scotland. So I have no hesitation in declaring East Lothian the most beautiful constituency in Scotland." Waxing lyrical. It's actually quite touching, but he's the leader of the fucking party. Well, for tonight.

In a way, much of me is glad Gray won his seat by a nat's baw-hair after individual recount.

His humiliation will be prolonged, and painful.

He's going to have to give a 'victory' speech in the midst of catastrophic defeat - and resign as Labour leader, not automatically go.

He, leader of Scottish Labour, has had to scrape home in his own (expanded) constituency, on the average attendance of a local Junior side.

He's snatched a personal hollow victory, from admist jaws of crushing defeat.

He's going to have to sit through 5 years of it.

He and his colleagues took the people for granted. The people, it seems, were not so readily forthgiving.

Archived