May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you having difficulties with the definition of "one night"?

A sexual encounter, which leads to a relationship, is not a "one night stand".

A "one night stand" is a sexual encounter which is not repeated.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are being utterly ridiculous now. Please. I'm embarrassed for you.

I am having to defend myself from an attempted smear, again. Its clear to see that people are responding to the poster rather than the post, even the originator of this particular attack has freely admitted to not reading my posts. Should I Know My Place, like a good little North Britisher?

Are you having difficulties with the definition of "one night"?

A sexual encounter, which leads to a relationship, is not a "one night stand".

A "one night stand" is a sexual encounter which is not repeated.

Do you define this in advance of said encounter?

Sorry, is this you destroying an argument? Just so I know.

No, its me doing nothing more than defending myself from what was clearly a ridiculous attempt at character assassination, egged on by some of the biggest Unionists on the site. Some might say that it was a coincidence.

With absolutely no evidence to support this assertion at all.

Your hilarious crypto-unionism on the NHS thread was evidence enough, but just to ice the cake there's this from your blog:

When the day-to-day political fate of a country rests between an egoist separatist Alex Salmond or an incoherent sneering idiot in Iain Gray, a real opposition to their agendas must be mounted.

http://adlib-dibdib.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

And before you protest that this was written before your great libertarian awakening, this is from the same page:

Historically my politics has been of the pragmatic centre-right, but latterly I have (in the correct sense of the word) liberalised, having previously been (by my own standards) a minor state-apologist.

So... no longer an apologist for the state, but still bravely battling separatism.

As I said yesterday: slimy unionist.

Indeed. And that is the nub of the issue.

If my parents said to me "My friend has a daughter who is of a social class I've deemed acceptable for you to marry into - perhaps you can take her for an ice cream soda and a walk in the park" I'd be appalled.

A follow up "Oh don't worry if you don't like her - there are a number of other options in the same social class that I've tracked down for you as a reserve list" wouldn't really be too comforting.

As would I - but it's not a forced marriage.

I disagree greatly with even the idea of an arranged marriage but XBL's right, there are massive degrees in how they work. A colleague of mine recently completed an arranged marriage and it wasn't what one might expect. I still don't personally agree with it but there are degrees at play here that deserve to be recognised.

Yeah. Just because you're paranoid etc.

Lets look at it simply. First of all, in a classical bit of Unionist deflection, a smear was posted up in the form of a quote that was supposedly going to make me look bad. Naturally, people piled in, particularly those of a Unionist leaning. I of course defended myself, and managed to show, using evidence from the originally critical poster and the web, that what I was saying was accurate, while of course, emphasising that I agreed with the opinions of those that criticised me.

We then had five pages of furious agreement, where the same Unionists attacked at will, despite holding the same view as me, using increasingly desperate semantics. Oh, and of course, the originator of the smear admitted to not reading my posts before he attacked them, and also claimed that his misleading posts were for "comedic value". Really, there was no interest in this discussion at all, because there was no disagreement. The original post was meant squarely as an attack at me personally, and the Unionist cabal have become increasingly desperate to get me on something, anything, even if its pedantry or semantics.

Anecdotal evidence? Thats appalling. Oh, we use it ourselves, err...

Offensive opinions? Thats disgraceful. Oh, you agree with us, err...

Ignoring our views? That is just not on. Hang on, you posted evidence of us doing the same, err...

Misleading use of terminology? Shocking. Oh, you backed it up with evidence, err...

You didn't explicitly use a word correctly. We've got you now!

Any attempt to say that this discussion on arranged marriage, on the Scottish election thread, started with a regurgitation of my post, is anything other than an attack aimed straight at me is beyond pathetic.

I'm more of an Express man myself.

Pig ignorant newspaper 1 versus pig ignorant newspaper 2, it's not a huge difference. Either way take your religious bigotry and shove it.

Archived