Football Manager 2005

Swampy

Can't be bothered looking for the old one, so here's a new one :D

Playing as Morton in my first season, top of Division 2 by a wee bit. Got Ludo Roy and a few third division players coming in during the window, to join my previous signings Ross McAllister (left winger who joined on a free, is now a key player) and David Hagen (my sub midfielder, can play wings or central).

Won the challenge cup against Gretna - it was played at Duncansfield Park, Kilsyth! Wee bit of bad coding there, I think...

The mind games aren't all they were cracked up to be before I bought the game but it's a nice wee addition nonetheless. Other than that, it feels like 03/04, which is fine with me.

I've just started my first 'real' game in FM, as Saints of course (well, I actually started it this afternoon, but my PC is as slow as Stevie Fulton). I've only got as far as the first league game - a John Baird goal in stoppage time rescuing a draw away to Partick. In saying that, I'm already out of the Challenge Cup, after losing 1-0 at home to M*rt*n in front of 1,048 fans. :rolleyes:

At the moment, I'm playing a 4-5-1 formation, with Ricky Gillies as my oldest outfeld player, and 9 players aged 21 or under - all the old guys are being shipped out, or made coaches.

As for the game itself, except from it being pretty slow, I'm enjoying it. The mind games add a wee bit to the game, but I reckon you need to play a few seasons before the friendships and enemies you make actually have a significant effect. :unsure:

I've only just started a game with Falkirk, signed Emmanuel Panther as I was desperate for a right midfielder, so far he has done the job! Also signed Alex Williams for backup up front but the fans weren't happy at his signing apparently :blink: Just lost to Clyde 5-1 at Broadwood but we'll bounce back :D;)

I've only just started a game with Falkirk, signed Emmanuel Panther as I was desperate for a right midfielder, so far he has done the job! Also signed Alex Williams for backup up front but the fans weren't happy at his signing apparently :blink: Just lost to Clyde 5-1 at Broadwood but we'll bounce back :D;)

Olaf will be wanting you sacked immediately then! :D

Went Falkirk in my 1st season and finished 2nd behind Clyde :ph34r: Was sacked half way through the next season and then took over at Ross County......who ended up relegated :lol:

Resigned and started a new game as Man U manager. Just finished my first season where I won the Premiership B)

I've just started my first 'real' game in FM, as Saints of course (well, I actually started it this afternoon, but my PC is as slow as Stevie Fulton). I've only got as far as the first league game - a John Baird goal in stoppage time rescuing a draw away to Partick. In saying that, I'm already out of the Challenge Cup, after losing 1-0 at home to M*rt*n in front of 1,048 fans. :rolleyes:

At the moment, I'm playing a 4-5-1 formation, with Ricky Gillies as my oldest outfeld player, and 9 players aged 21 or under - all the old guys are being shipped out, or made coaches.

As for the game itself, except from it being pretty slow, I'm enjoying it. The mind games add a wee bit to the game, but I reckon you need to play a few seasons before the friendships and enemies you make actually have a significant effect. :unsure:

Did you fix the debt?

Did you fix the debt?

Nope, my PC can't handle the official editor, und unfortunately now that Michael Nygreen works for SI Games, I doubt he'll release an unofficial one :unsure:

Nope, my PC can't handle the official editor, und unfortunately now that Michael Nygreen works for SI Games, I doubt he'll release an unofficial one :unsure:

There may be a data update in the near future which will fix it ;)

I'm just about to start my third season with Clyde, my first in the SPL

Amazingly, I've only signed one player, Marc Corcoran :o. But I have got Walker and Conway on permanent deals. But my team was good enough, finishing second in the first season, and first in the next. Youngsters like Kevin Bradley are holding down a place. I've completed the pre season and I'm about to play my first SPL match

There may be a data update in the near future which will fix it ;)

Good - it's really frustrating that the debt has been set that high - at least at £1.7 million you can make a dent in it quite easily. :unsure:

Good - it's really frustrating that the debt has been set that high - at least at £1.7 million you can make a dent in it quite easily. :unsure:

If there is a data update (dunno for sure yet) then I'll probably set it at about £2million as that's what it was in the accounts this year :(

Guest Top Banana

St. Mirren are honestly the worst team I have been in FM 2005, there is no way I can possibly save them from relegation, plus, along with Gus's achievments this season, anything lower than 4th place feels like failure.

Not like CM 03/04 where i got promoted to the SPL and finished in 3rd place .

Fixed the debt, and gave ourselves 30k, however didn't sign Kean as he isn't interested.

If there is a data update (dunno for sure yet) then I'll probably set it at about £2million as that's what it was in the accounts this year :(

That sounds fine - I'm all for accuracy in the game.

Now to find a way to translate a FM2005 bank balance into real life.... ;)

I played Peterhead got promotion from the 3rd easily, then lost Keith Gibson, Hagen, Jamie Buchan, Bobby Linn, Mark Perry in the close season, couldnt get Scott Robertson back from Dundee so lost the heart of the team, Bobby Duncan kept getting injured and i lost Scott Michie for 7 months for my first season in the 2nd, managed to finish 7th in the end. Bought lots of young players and started season 3, not going badly so far, but already another key player to 5 month injury.

edited to add :- does anyone fancy setting up a PnB internet game we could all play?

Guest BullyWee1878

I started a game with Liverpool and the first season i struggled to find a formation and near the end of the season i started playing a 4-2-3-1 defensive formation and that seemed to work and i won the league for the next two seasons but then after that i was floating about the top 5 and i got sacked....and for the next few seasons i managed coventry, man city, aston villa and I got the Newcastle job and when i took over the team was 17th and i turned the around and i finished that season 5th

and the season i just finished there i finished 2nd and only lost the league by 2 points and i also won the Euro Cup beating Real in the final...

Archived