I've only just put songs on my iPod today, i've just about reached 100.

Its a 20GB one and its quality!

Anyone else got one?

I've got a 5Gb iPod. One of the original ones. It's the dogs.

Of course I'm an Apple user anyway so I may be slightly biased.

I see they've just released the iPod Shuffle. 240 songs for under £70.

Apple UK

Also got the iPod Photo with colour screen and heee-owge capacity.

Still a step ahead even if they are a little more expensive.

On a serious note after the above banter. :rolleyes: My mate has a pair of these headphones Clicky.

They're £99.95 but they are the dogs nads for sound quality. They sample the ambient noise and produce noise that's the exact opposite thereby cancelling out the ambient noise.

He let me hear some stuff with that switched on first and I thought "aye, not bad" but when he switched it off there was some difference.

Not sure I'd spend a hundred quid on them, but if I had it spare and I was really into my music then.....

Mince. It's only 5Gb too. Don't know how GHU1967 got 4,600 songs on a device that the company says only carries 2,500. Major comression and crap quality???? :D

I think I'll stick to my iPod thanks. :D

iRiver stuff is far beter than an iPod.

Mine's 20 GB though I'll probably never get anywhere near that much stuff on it. Came with loads of cool extras like a wee remote, microphone (why I bought it, so I can use it for Uni), case etc and was about £20 quid cheaper than an iPod on Amazon which didn't come with that stuff.

Irivers come in various capacities, much like the iPods, mine is the iHP-140, 40Gb HD, space for circa 9,000 tracks, FM tuner, build-in mic, etc etc...

:P

And they have them that far North? :D

What's the battery like on the iRiver. My only complaint with my Pod is that it doesn't hold its charge for an awfully long time. They have reportedyl improved on this now, but I haven't got the cash to spend on an upgrade.

On the plus side, it works seamlessly with iTunes and the music store and I still think it looks the nads. (Matter of opinion though I accept.)

Archived