The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Fair play wi 1, But 2 players favoured 2 our 2 best players????

Oh and Lee Miller :wub:

is it not just a persons choice who their favourite players are rather than who was the best player in that season?  Alston, albeit had great games, I thought was inconsistent.

15 minutes ago, lewfal said:

is it not just a persons choice who their favourite players are rather than who was the best player in that season?  Alston, albeit had great games, I thought was inconsistent.

If you read what was said when I quoted Bridge of Allan bairn he talks about 2 steps forward and 2 back.

Yes, you can have a favourite who is not the best but in this case I'm assuming he meant they were what he sees as the best.

Apologies to BOAB if I've mistaken him.

19 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Wouldn't say Alston was in our top 2 best players to be honest. St Johnstone is as far as he will go in my opinion. Grant however will go much further than a mediocre 'spl' team

Alston had that knack of scoring important goals as does Vaulks. If you take the two of them out your team then its not easy finding someone else who can do that. We really need the likes of Hippolyte to step up to the plate this season and get in on the goals or we could struggle a bit in that department.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Alston had that knack of scoring important goals as does Vaulks. If you take the two of them out your team then its not easy finding someone else who can do that. We really need the likes of Hippolyte to step up to the plate this season and get in on the goals or we could struggle a bit in that department.

I understand what you are saying and I agree, the two scored a fair few important goals for us. However one of the main reasons we ended up 2nd last season was down to only losing 4 times. Completely agree with your point of needing someone to step up, craigen likes a goal mind you.

If Vaulks goes and it looks more and more likely now we should be using the cash to strengthen more than one area of the team. Back in Jeffries days you weren't so worried by your top players being sold on as he'd always use the money to make the team stronger as a whole. The deals done for the likes of Eddie may and Neil Duffy brought in players like Mojo, Kirk, McGowan , Ristic. McGrillen  etc  That needs to happen again or we're going to be stuck in this division for a whole lot longer.

The only thing missing from this team is a attacking midfielder with a bit of flair. Someone who can sit in the middle of the field and spray passes about and create a wee bit of magic. There's obviously not loads of them about but that's the only thing I think this team lacks. John rankin is just another taiwo, a hard working midfielder and someone we don't need.

I'm sure I read on McGrandles Twitter recently that he's hoping to start running soon? Doesn't sound like he'll play soon.

PS I see media sources are now starting to confirm Rankin signing for 1 year. Good signing IMHO. Shame it'll likely mean Vaulks has left.

I'd also like to see us have a proper winger in the squad. We still lack a player with a bit of pace and trickery out wide.  Sibbs is too slow as is Craigan. Hippolyte has a bit of pace but doesn't take a defender on enough. We have no one of that ilk in our team.

Typical stuff by the bod. Put the Rankin info out first to soften the blow of the Vaulks sale which will undoubtedly come later. I have no problems with him being an addition to the squad aslong as he isn't a vaulks replacement. There better be other signings in the pipeline or we'll struggle this season.