The Falkirk FC Thread

Negative tactics at Queens ?

Playing a midfield diamond with Sibbs being in the position a lot of fans want to see him in and playing two up front is not negative.

The sub's at Queens also made no difference, the defending was the difference

One up top, I'll give you negative in which Houstie has only done for 45mins v Away to St Johnstone, something we seen week in week out under Elvis

Diamond with Kerr, Taiwo and Rankine is negative for me 100%

Exactly. So if you are giving Houston credit as you say are, you not happy to accept his judgement that Austin doesn't deserve a start yet?

Baird has been honking but does he not get credit for last season as a whole? His goals were crucial to our success last year. 

It's been Hippo that changed games from my perspective, not Austin.

I don't know if I do trust Houston's judgement so far on Austin because he is the only striker to score this season before Saturday past and he is still to get a start. He is the only one with any pace to speak of. Baird and Mchugh have been awful so far for me and Miller is a last 20 minute man for me now.

I said the first season when he was getting pesters from most. Last season was obviously terrific. However if we are to believe DH the budget is up then Houston has questions to ask.

If you look at the equaliser at Cappilow if Austin had not chased a lost cause we would never have got the throw in that we scored from. That is measurable impact.

Anyway time will tell if this was the kick in the arse Austin needed. By all accounts he was our best player on Tuesday.

I want to see you hungry players in the side with the balance of senior pros who are not there for a pension. I think our balance is all wrong. Time will of course tell and will be delighted to be proven wrong

Worth every penny for getting it right up the Hibees on numerous occasions.

And yet here you are, in the same division, lagging behind the Scottish Cup-winning Hibees, having already been pumped by us at your 3-sided breeze block, with John Rankin as your midfield anchor, and absolutely no sign of progress on the field.

Worth every penny indeed.

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

And yet here you are, in the same division, lagging behind the Scottish Cup-winning Hibees, having already been pumped by us at your 3-sided breeze block, with John Rankin as your midfield anchor, and absolutely no sign of progress on the field.

I'd love if Falkirk spend every season from now til I die in the same league as Hibs.

Can you say the same?

1 minute ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

You haven't specified what league so that question is a bit shite, Gav.

I've supported Falkirk 29 years.

We've spent 2/3rd of that in the 2nd tier and am used to it being that way.

I don't expect that once we get promoted we will stay up forever this time. 

I knew what I was saying thank you very much.

Exactly, I would never have Kerr and Rankine in the same team unless we were doing a 6-4-0 formation, remember that?

The current team definitely lacks and creativity. How many times have we resorted to the big hoof up the park looking for a target, long throw ins are now a huge part of our armour. Silky stuff!!!

FFC have always been considered a good footballing team, trying to play in the correct manner but this season there is little evidence of that.

We now have a team devoid of ideas, no pace, being set up difficult to beat, little entertainment combined with a BOD that in truth lack any real ambition.

I know the Dobbie signing at Queens has been spoken to death on here but FWIW, I congratulate them for taking the gamble, spending some cash, giving their fans some entertainment and if this criteria fits into their business model then well done to them!

Dobbie has already shown us not once but twice what real quality can do, we on the other hand are doing things on the cheap hoping Hibs or DU have a poor season so we may get near them. It is simply not good enough.

We need a BOD and an astute manager that between them can deliver inspiration and aspiration and I'm afraid that is not what we have got at present. Last year was good but we have failed to capitalise, simple as that!

A long season ahead for me

58 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Hush now, Fraser. :(

Regarding Dobbie, I think everyone congratulates QOS on a fantastic signing, and whatever they're paying him will be calculated against the potential pay back in terms of goals. Looks like a decent deal so far for them. I must admit to being uncomfortable with Housty revealing/estimating his wages though.

Just now, Hibeesbounce75 said:

The diddies are uniting :lol:

Scottish cup in the bag and a championship title on the way. But you keep going on about your 2 wins last season that lead to absolutely nothing :lol:

"The diddies are uniting"

Sorry, IQ75, what does this even mean? Who am I, a proud diddy, uniting with?

We absolutely fucked up your league season last year and the Scottish Cup for you the year before. Muchos hilarity was had by the whole country.

The fact you've started spending wads of cash we could never dream of this year is something we can do nothing about. Congratulations in advance on your Scottish second tier championship winning side. I'm sure that will rank alongside the greats of your past.

We absolutely fucked up your league season last year and the Scottish Cup for you the year before. Muchos hilarity was had by the whole country.

The fact you've started spending wads of cash we could never dream of this year is something we can do nothing about. Congratulations in advance on your Scottish second tier championship winning side. I'm sure that will rank alongside the greats of your past.

Was on about all your diddy pals dishing out greens to you.

And how did you do in the play offs last season? You know when it really mattered in the final? Or the final of the Scottish cup that season. You won nothing. We won the Scottish cup. You're spending next season in this league. We aren't. Deal with it.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If negative is playing with virtually 3 up front, then I can only guess you will be harping for the old days of the 3-2-5 and 4-2-4 formations when they used a sheeps bladder for a ball.....

Away from home and playing 2 up top and one behind is by no means negative, the middle of the defence cost us that day as we were well on top till the goal. The sooner Grant is back the better.

Easily to cast your mind back to a Pressley formation with two sitting midfielders with their arses touching the centre halves and one up top, fist pumping a 0-0 draw at Morton and such......

If negative is playing with virtually 3 up front, then I can only guess you will be harping for the old days of the 3-2-5 and 4-2-4 formations when they used a sheeps bladder for a ball.....

Away from home and playing 2 up top and one behind is by no means negative, the middle of the defence cost us that day as we were well on top till the goal. The sooner Grant is back the better.

Easily to cast your mind back to a Pressley formation with two sitting midfielders with their arses touching the centre halves and one up top, fist pumping a 0-0 draw at Morton and such......

PS

Did Pressely shag you and your brothers other halves? [emoji23]

19 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

How much have we spent? 

13 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Was on about all your diddy pals dishing out greens to you.

And how did you do in the play offs last season? You know when it really mattered in the final? Or the final of the Scottish cup that season. You won nothing. We won the Scottish cup. You're spending next season in this league. We aren't. Deal with it.

My last paragraph was the definition of 'dealing with it'.