The Falkirk FC Thread

The next two home games against Dunfermline and Dundee Utd are crucial to see if our win yesterday was a turning point with a more settled team or a false dawn. Interesting to see if the Tinker Man will be at it again or he sticks with a winning team all be it one win!! Not sure a manager should still be in the dug out who thought it productive to purchase Tudor Jones, Boulding and Taylor Morgan. Three of the biggest flops I've seen at TFS in over a decade and there are been some belters!!

Andy Haworth, Phil Roberts and Daniel Marceta were worse.

Always amazes how bad some players are.

It certainly can't be easy to make it as a professional footballer. You have to have talent and determination for sure. 

Yet I watch players arrive at FFC who make me believe I could play they are so bad.

I've played against players who play junior level and even they seem miles ahead of some of the dross I've seen play for Falkirk.

Tudor jones wasn't that bad, just crocked it and had too retire. The other two were rotten but tbf

Was he not pretty much done by the time he got to us? Think he managed around 6 or 7 games but from what I can remember was pretty shite.

Phil Roberts as much as he was an absolute heads gone and a w**k was a pretty decent player

Nah he was shite. He scored a brilliant hat trick away to Livi but he only scored 2 other goals for us.

We should've got shot of him after his pathetic performance at home to Aberdeen.

Nah he was shite. He scored a brilliant hat trick away to Livi but he only scored 2 other goals for us.

We should've got shot of him after his pathetic performance at home to Aberdeen.

His goal against Dumbarton at home was class.

There was definitely a player there, just he needed to screw the head and not be such a nutter. Do agree he should've been hooked after Aberdeen. Absolute waste man.

We can't have a discussion about shite signings and not mention Joe Chalmers. He was utterly shite and I'm still amazed Motherwell signed him when Celtic released him.

His performance away to Raith was the single worst I've ever seen. He was supposed to be playing left wing back but he had absolutely no idea what he was doing there and just pretty much went and stood beside Kingsley who was playing left side centre half. Got subbed off after half an hour and he was lucky to last so long.

His goal against Dumbarton at home was class.

There was definitely a player there, just he needed to screw the head and not be such a nutter. Do agree he should've been hooked after Aberdeen. Absolute waste man.

I'm sure I missed that game. Did he not get sent off and we got beat?

Never seen a player actively give less of a f**k during a game than he did. I'm sure I remember he got 'injured' after around an hour then getting into a few arguments with the south stand as he was going past.

Not really surprised he's done absolutely f**k all since leaving us.

Never seen a player actively give less of a f**k during a game than he did. I'm sure I remember he got 'injured' after around an hour then getting into a few arguments with the south stand as he was going past.

Found highlights, it says ten man Falkirk so you're probably right.

Don't even know if he plays now. Remember his wee brother calling Falkirk fans racist :lol:

Found highlights, it says ten man Falkirk so you're probably right.

Don't even know if he plays now. Remember his wee brother calling Falkirk fans racist :lol:

Ooft that was some strike definitely can't remember seeing it before. Just checked and aye he was sent off in the last minute. In 27 games he scored 5 goals, got 6 yellow cards and 3 red cards. Absolute helmet.

He's at Chelmsford City in the 6th tier of English football now.

Don't remember that either, did Roberts not have a pretty bizarre twitter rant at the time as well?

29 minutes ago, Russ said:

And still only 22. He has scored a grand total of 9 goals (8 league + 1 cup) 6 of them (5 league + 1 cup) when he was with us  

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Every manager has had signings that worked, signings that didnt and pure stinkers. Using that as a rod to beat Houston with is a pretty desperate arguement when he likely is no worse than any who came before him.

I see the performances this season same as everyone else, but the stuff I see posted on here recently reeks of either an anti Houston agenda which has been waiting patiently for results to turn, or just plain old fickle football fans who are happy to chop and change at the first sign of a bad spell.

Pre to this season Housties signings were maybe level or better judged v recent other previous managers.

I've never known a manager in my time to weaken us with technically two out and five in. I hope Austin comes good but and he is a player who hasn't been given a chance due to his injuries.

The majority of football fans are fickle, tho at Falkirk, we have some of the most moany faced b*****dos. A decent run in with a settled 11 and the majority of us will be happyish. We definetly over achieved last season but we still could over achieve as it stands. 

A handsome win next week will definetly have all of us say what crisis.....

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Gary Holt signing Rakish Bingham, Olu Durajaye, Joe Chalmers and Phil Roberts in the same season when we had the chance for promotion still boils people's blood.

Durojaiye was class, big mobile brick wall. Liked him, wish it worked out.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Gary Holt signing Rakish Bingham, Olu Durajaye, Joe Chalmers and Phil Roberts in the same season when we had the chance for promotion still boils people's blood.

The olu signing will forever boil my blood. We rarely announce a signing of a player the minute a season finishes of which we did with Olu, which gets you thinking hmmmm, was at Norwich with him, desperate to get him signed, he must be a player......ERM nope.

He did have a few decent games and had a tackle that could take a player out twice but very rarely showed the hunger and was so slow which made you wonder how bad he would be at centre half, which he was quoted as being able to play.

The other two don't really annoy me, sure Bingham was a month or two and Chalmers another loan that had his worst games played out of position and looked more assure at centre half.

Scratch deep enough and Roberts could've been a player, his head space ruined what chance he had. The biggest example of that was after his hat trick v Livingston, his comments in the press were, he wanted to get back to the English premiership doing what he does best or at least the championship....he didn't score again for 7 games then one goal, then never again till his double ending red cards.

I think this has been the main problem re Housties signings, the majority of the bad ones mentioned from the past have either had a mom performances or well above average, whereas a good few of Housties have simply been wage stealers, the likes of Owain Tudor Jones, Rory Boulding, Taylor Morgan, John Rankin and Kevin McCann all offered zero

The other two don't really annoy me, sure Bingham was a month or two and Chalmers another loan that had his worst games played out of position and looked more assure at centre half.

Chalmers never played centre half for us he was always played left back with Kingsley at centre half and the aforementioned abomination at left wing back.