The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope so, but f**k me it feels good to not play out scenarios that end with Brad Mckay playing right back

If I was to be a right greedy c**t, I'd take McKay leaving/going out on loan for another centre half. Even a young guy on loan from the top flight. Just anyone but him. 

9 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Bit baffled by new loan.  Most of us thought we needed a right back, but our young laddie back up in that position Yeats has put in a good shift and deserves his place.  So now with another young laddie, Bisland we have a backup to our backup?    Of course we need cover when Yeats inevitably gets injured and I know we have no money for an established right back, but this seems to be a last resort kind of move.

No disrespect to Bisland or Yeats, they are both young and finding their feet in football, just kind of underlines the state we have got ourselves in.

If Yeats deserves his place then what we have in Bisland is a backup to our right back. Which also creates scope for Finn to be a backup in central midfield. What this is, is a calculated risk in order to afford to have guys like Spencer, Miller, Lang and Agyeman who are all well capable and had offers to play at a higher level. It's McGlynns calculated risk based on his oft mentioned need for quality over quantity. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If Yeats deserves his place then what we have in Bisland is a backup to our right back. Which also creates scope for Finn to be a backup in central midfield. What this is, is a calculated risk in order to afford to have guys like Spencer, Miller, Lang and Agyeman who are all well capable and had offers to play at a higher level. It's McGlynns calculated risk based on his oft mentioned need for quality over quantity. 

you are probably right.  Maybe I didn't think it through enough.  Cheers

18 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Right back cover in ✔️ 

What to moan about next 

For once it's not a moan about us! 🥳

Tried to buy tickets for Saturday online and I can't as I've had the temerity to have more than one child! Why do clubs make it difficult to take money from fans 😠

ECFC matchday guide indicates I can pay at the turnstile but a mild inconvenience. Hope we stuff them just for this reason alone.

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I thought the budget was blown and there was no chance of getting anyone? 

Jamie Swinney said in the last podcast he was on that there was a tiny bit of cash left for a loan player. Guess that will be us now unless we can somehow move McKay on 

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I thought the budget was blown and there was no chance of getting anyone? 

Oh the budget is well and truly gone. All depends how much this laddie is costing us, but you can near enough guarantee it’ll be no more than £1k a month. He has a pretty low level CV, so if Brechin, Peterhead and Cowdenbeath had him on loan, and he is nowhere near knocking on DU’s first team door, he will be cheap.

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Jamie Swinney said in the last podcast he was on that there was a tiny bit of cash left for a loan player. Guess that will be us now unless we can somehow move McKay on 

Ahh I see, so random posters on an online forum do not know everything? 

10 years on this forum and I'm finally getting there

Whilst I jest, in all seriousness, that will put McKay even further down the pecking order. Will he be happy to take a wage for a season with no football played meaning no one would be willing to take a punt once his contract is up, or realise if he still wants to play for the next few years he will need to find a club where he features more regularly 

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

If I was to be a right greedy c**t, I'd take McKay leaving/going out on loan for another centre half. Even a young guy on loan from the top flight. Just anyone but him. 

If Brad McKay can move on I'd be tempted to just save the cash. This loan allows Henderson drop back if need be as Yeats can cover midfield, there's Logan who's been on the bench lately and Mackie to come back.  All I think would be better options. 

At 30 years old and his contract up in the summer I think McKay must have quite a bit to mull over now. Not an easy position to be in but it's the brutal reality of football I guess.

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Whilst I jest, in all seriousness, that will put McKay even further down the pecking order. Will he be happy to take a wage for a season with no football played meaning no one would be willing to take a punt once his contract is up, or realise if he still wants to play for the next few years he will need to find a club where he features more regularly 

Given Holt signed off on his deal I'd imagine he'll be sitting pretty on it for the next year. Unless by some miracle another full time club fancies him.