The Falkirk FC Thread

???????

Can i ask why for the last 6 months you lot have pretty much smothered taylor on twitter. Your like a bunch of dugs. You'd think being a team in europe you would be able to afford a cheeky wee 200k player ;)

Cant say I've noticed tbh. I'm surprised we can afford to pay money for a player, cup finals and season ticket sales might have helped i suppose. It comes down to whether or not we think he's worth that much and I'd be amazed if our chairman coughed up 200k for Taylor.

Cant say I've noticed tbh. I'm surprised we can afford to pay money for a player, cup finals and season ticket sales might have helped i suppose. It comes down to whether or not we think he's worth that much and I'd be amazed if our chairman coughed up 200k for Taylor.

Ive got a hibs supporting mate and he says 200k could be dished out no problem. Mind you he isn't all right in the head. I wouldn't personally dish out 200k anyway. I see as well you have signed a lad upfront anyway. That probably puts you lot out of the running for taylor.

I very much doubt Hibs or any other club outside Celtic have 200k to fling about these days. As far as I'm aware even if they did have the cash he's desperate to get back down to the Londaon area so there's every chance he'd knocked the deal back anyway.

Ive got a hibs supporting mate and he says 200k could be dished out no problem. Mind you he isn't all right in the head. I wouldn't personally dish out 200k anyway. I see as well you have signed a lad upfront anyway. That probably puts you lot out of the running for taylor.

I think youd have to go back to the McCall Utd era for the last time a Scottish club paid more than 75-100k for a player.... I might be wrong but transfer fees outside Celtic and old Rangers are virtually non existent in Scottish football

I think youd have to go back to the McCall Utd era for the last time a Scottish club paid more than 75-100k for a player.... I might be wrong but transfer fees outside Celtic and old Rangers are virtually non existent in Scottish football

Your exactly right. Clubs just cant afford to take a gamble on paying that sort of money for a player.

Didn't Hibs pay a few hundred thousand for Stokes a few years back?

Yep, Half a million was rumoured. Sold on for 1.2 million. Petrie will only risk 200k on Taylor if he thinks the same kind of thing can happen.

Its both amusing and disturbing reading Ritchie's statement on the website.

He states "he is contracted for this season and can play a large part in our push for promotion and play-off places". Who is he trying to kid? He will be doing everything in his power to get Taylor sold!

Then the bit about balancing the books and to justify our investment in our young players. I'm all for bringing young players through but not filling up our whole team with them, its getting to the point where it feels the club are promoting them just because they have invested in them. Now they might be decent young players but I cant but help think that all 6 are worthy of a place in the 1st team squad.

Sorry if i'm sounding negative here (probably be more appropriate posing this on that onef) but im really starting to get so disheartened with the way the club is going.

Its both amusing and disturbing reading Ritchie's statement on the website.

He states "he is contracted for this season and can play a large part in our push for promotion and play-off places". Who is he trying to kid? He will be doing everything in his power to get Taylor sold!

Then the bit about balancing the books and to justify our investment in our young players. I'm all for bringing young players through but not filling up our whole team with them, its getting to the point where it feels the club are promoting them just because they have invested in them. Now they might be decent young players but I cant but help think that all 6 are worthy of a place in the 1st team squad.

Sorry if i'm sounding negative here (probably be more appropriate posing this on that onef) but im really starting to get so disheartened with the way the club is going.

I think most of us are feeling exactly like you, I know I am. Flatter than a witches tit.

I think most of us are feeling exactly like you, I know I am. Flatter than a witches tit.

Taylor, Haworth Smith, Flynn, Leahy - last seasons ins at start of season

McGovern, Weatherston, Farid, Wallace, Bennett, Dodds season afore

This season - Scott Olly Durojaiye

I wonder why many are not in the happy happy camp at the moment.....

Taylor, Haworth Smith, Flynn, Leahy - last seasons ins at start of season

McGovern, Weatherston, Farid, Wallace, Bennett, Dodds season afore

This season - Scott Olly Durojaiye

I wonder why many are not in the happy happy camp at the moment.....

Wallace was a promotion from our youth. Holt's maybe taking his time, to avoid another Haworth/Smith fiasco. Why would our new coach be sent away if not to scout for new players?

Wallace was a promotion from our youth. Holt's maybe taking his time, to avoid another Haworth/Smith fiasco. Why would our new coach be sent away if not to scout for new players?

Still makes it 5 players each season, albeit Bennett was a season loan....

Id take loans, anything for the threadbare squad we have at moment....

We lost good part of our spine of the squad of last season and have brought in one...

Not good enough as far as Im concerned.....