The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I think this is what is known as "the better mouse-trap fallacy".

I say that with the view that the message the FSS is promoting is still at odds with the fans understanding or views.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the disparity between the FSS message and the fans views. Not that I completely disagree I would add, as I have my own thoughts mainly around the emphasis on the fund the football budget line going a bit stale and now needing to give more weight to FSS as a safeguarding group for the future of the club. 

In terms of membership, the Bairns Survey at the end of last year gave a strong indication that the main reason for folk not joining was the cost (42% of those who hadn't joined cited it), then not agreeing with fan-ownership (7%) and how the FSS was run at (3%). The rest either indicated they were unaware of FSS, already a member or felt they supported the club enough by other means.

I think the direction of FSS is still overwhelming positive (and that will continue with a new membership iniative coming this week) but there's no doubt that it should be in an even stronger position. 

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

...Not that I completely disagree I would add, as I have my own thoughts mainly around the emphasis on the fund the football budget line going a bit stale and now needing to give more weight to FSS as a safeguarding group for the future of the club. 

This. As mentioned by JS, all income streams outperforming previous targets, Championship revenues and the club in relative good place on the pitch fans might ask why topping up the budget is needed. 

I would agree the emphasis on the budget has run it's course.