The Falkirk FC Thread

I just cant work out how we can afford to leave out guys valued at over 10 million pounds who score regularly for their clubs. You wouldn't see the likes of Ireland or Wales doing that. Guys like Steven Fletcher are on the way down in their careers and should be getting jettisoned for players on form and on the way up. Kevin McDonald couldnt get a game for a piss poor Wolves side last season and yet Strachan keeps on picking him.

Whos the 10 million striker?

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'm calling bullshit on that one I'm afraid. Circa 2003 makes for some dreary reading.

Much a muchness for me, Scotland had a game changer in McFadden back then and a wealth of experience, nowadays it's crocks and subs from all the leagues, Funnily the current midfield mirrors ours of midgets.

I'm pretty sure my Kevin O'hara comments are very well placed in here thank you very much ya crabbit old duffer.

That is relevant to FFC. But the rest of it f**k off

Serious question...

As fans, on the back of last season where everyones expectations were exceeded, what do we as fans owe Housty in terms of time to sort this out?

Everyone was happy with the signings of Luca and Austin at the time. We have yet to see Kidd and Henderson. Rankin has done much better than some would like to credit him for.

I am frustrated so far with Hippo and Austin stuck on the bench, but I am hoping this is remedied this week.

So whats your thought?

Think realisticly we can aim for 2nd again. I dont think utd will be any kind of force this season. Hibs will know better than to get involved in the cups and will probably put a weak side out in thd scottish. They should win the league comfortably. 2nd place and another crack at the play offs should be our aim.
No shame if we dont manage but we cant write off another season cause theres too many big clubs.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yes, Fletcher wasn't 3rd choice behind Riordan and O'Connor.

Fletcher is 4 years younger than both O'Connor and Deeks, when he was behind them in the team it was because he was just a young lad. I remember he used to come on for them when he was about 17. He also used to play games with them but at left midfield. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Serious question...

As fans, on the back of last season where everyones expectations were exceeded, what do we as fans owe Housty in terms of time to sort this out?

Everyone was happy with the signings of Luca and Austin at the time. We have yet to see Kidd and Henderson. Rankin has done much better than some would like to credit him for.

I am frustrated so far with Hippo and Austin stuck on the bench, but I am hoping this is remedied this week.

So whats your thought?

I think it's a difficult one, he doesn't have a settled starting 11, much like when he first came he seems to have regressed back to the feeling of trying to find his feet before we hit the ground running, this should have no where near been the case this season yet here we are. Injury permitting you could rhyme off the starting 11 and formation no problem with maybe a change up front to partner Baird last year. This was also down to the fact we had no option but to cease the tinkering of the team because we just never had the depth. We seem to have the depth now in particular areas where we struggled last season but haven't improved in quality with them. Hippo and Austin need to be given more game time and a chance at starting. This may take the pressure off sibbs as well as being the only player on the park that could produce a bit of magic. We won't know until it's tried and tested however. Would love an exciting signing to get a bit of feel good about the team and boost moral with some visions of ambition this season, sadly it won't happen for whatever reason we will be given. Big game at the weekend and a chance to boost some confidence in the fans and the team. If we lose then I think Houston is in for a tougher time at the fans questions than he already is I'm afraid.