The Falkirk FC Thread

There are still an unbelievable amount of utter weapons who think that building a fourth stand is a sensible and financially prudent thing to do.

I very much doubt we will pay for it.

It will be built and paid for as part of a project no doubt to do with the Helix.

FFC are too tight to pay decent wages for players.

Where would we find the £££s for a stand?

I very much doubt we will pay for it.

It will be built and paid for as part of a project no doubt to do with the Helix.

FFC are too tight to pay decent wages for players.

Where would we find the £££s for a stand?

A £3.5m investment is not a huge amount spread over a number of investors including the foundation whose involvement will attract grants. There will be a return in it for all parties too if commercial space can be incorporated. IMO financing it is probably the easy bit. Incorporating it into the shambles that is currently TFS will be the difficult bit. Edited by Back Post Misses

3 or 4 stands, it doesn't really matter. People make atmosphere not breeze blocks and seats.

Look at last season, you had 2500-3000 Hearts fans all singing, it sounded amazing. It just needs everyone to give a monkeys and contribute.

Re the 4th stand, it will happen and will be financed through various parties, 2 of which will be the club and the community/Foundation through cash reserves and grants I believe.

It's important the stadium is finished for a host of reasons, none more so than to finish a project that was started over 10 years ago and the fact that the fans/club/town deserve a completed stadium.

I think some people are under the impression it will be another 4000 seater stand. I heard nearer to the 2500 mark capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I can't see the sense in it. There were meant to be commercial ventures in the South Stand. The training centre never got off the ground. I'd stick in a small standing area along that side if I had a large Euromillions win in the knowledge I was writing the monies off. There's no sensible business need for a 4th stand.

I'd fill in the corner between the South and Main stands first.

I can't see the sense in it. There were meant to be commercial ventures in the South Stand. The training centre never got off the ground. I'd stick in a small standing area along that side if I had a large Euromillions win in the knowledge I was writing the monies off. There's no sensible business need for a 4th stand.

Not sure what's happening with the South stand 1st floor just now.

Planning permission was granted last November for a Hospitality suite (1st floor East) and also a Cafe/Bar (1st floor West). Heard nothing since however.

From memory the planning permission was requested by 2 directors of FFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Individual investors will make a buck out of it. That's the sense of it. The SS cost the club a whack every year too.