Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

This week's Agents of Shield (on US schedule) takes place before, but ties into the beginning of TWS.

I'm 10 mins and Sitwell has just been sent to the Lumerian Star!

Quite a good episode and nice to tie it in, given how Cap finishes. (and the questions it raises/raised)

Bill Paxton is fucking tremendous, I'd love for him to be more than just a guest star next season.

Just back from seeing it, was pretty good. Some brilliant fight scenes and a plenty of easter eggs to keep the films tied in well

With the inclusion of Magnetos children could they be looking to tie in the Xmen franchise to the Marvel one? If so that would be amazing, also missed the second end credits screen, what a happened? Also, quicksilver is due to appear in Days of future's past played by another actor, this could get confusing.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Just back from seeing it, was pretty good. Some brilliant fight scenes and a plenty of easter eggs to keep the films tied in well

With the inclusion of Magnetos children could they be looking to tie in the Xmen franchise to the Marvel one? If so that would be amazing, also missed the second end credits screen, what a happened? Also, quicksilver is due to appear in Days of future's past played by another actor, this could get confusing.

Winter Soldier was in the Captain America exhibit, looking at the Bucky Barnes memorial section

No.

They're completely different stories, Fox and Marvel/Disney both have the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (because they were both mutants/X-Men and Avengers) but the Marvel ones can't use the mutant terms because they're owned by Fox (as well as Magneto). That's why they've been brought in as Hydra test subjects. It's a smart way of writing them in.

Thats the problem with so many different studios holding the rights to different characters (wasn't that also why they couldn't do a decent Rogue because Ms Marvel is with another studio?) especially when it comes to expanding the marvel universe and doing crossovers with the Avengers when you have characters who will only be able to appear if they agree it with said studio. Bloody nightmare

Thats the problem with so many different studios holding the rights to different characters (wasn't that also why they couldn't do a decent Rogue because Ms Marvel is with another studio?) especially when it comes to expanding the marvel universe and doing crossovers with the Avengers when you have characters who will only be able to appear if they agree it with said studio. Bloody nightmare

I've never seen it mentioned but I assume so. I'd think Ms. Marvel will be owned by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see here and I'm sure I read somewhere that (Agents of SHIELD spoiler)

The Alien that Coulson and Skye got the medicine from was Kree, which is where she (and Captain Marvel) get their powers from).

Loved CAP2 and they tied this weeks Agents of Shield nicely into it (broadcast Tuesday in US)

Problem is that it has left me wanting more and not sure how much they can develop on AOS.

AOS Spoiler

The end of AOS shows that Hydra has taken some SHIELD bases but there also remains small pockets of SHIELD still "UP"
Be interesting to see where they take the series and whether it becomes a Coulson's team v Ward & Garrett mini battles or they keep .

Obviously Joss knows what he is doing in Avengers 2 so will the next 5 episodes and assuming a season 2 see major moves in the SHIELD/HYDRA storyline that will be a "since u left us at the end of CAP2" at the start of Avengers 2 or will the series go round in circles until there can be change on the big screen?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Cap 2 today. Thought it was ace.

Couple of questions;

So is that really the end of SHIELD? Can't see them being totally gone.

Was the senator who said 'Heil Hydra' to Sitwell and who gets arrested at the end not the same guy who tried to get Tony Stark to give the US government the Iron Man tech in Iron Man 2?

And what's going to happen with Bucky? Will he be seen again or just forgotton about (I'm looking at you Hawkeye!)? Or might Ultron kill Steve Rodgers and Bucky takes up the role of the Cap?

I assume we'll be seeing Strucker again. Think he's schrduled to appear in Age Of Ultron. Also does Loki's staff contain another infinity gem?

Edited by DA Baracus

Couple of questions;

Was the senator who said 'Heil Hydra' to Sitwell and who gets arrested at the end not the same guy who tried to get Tony Stark to give the US government the Iron Man tech in Iron Man 2?

And what's going to happen with Bucky? Will he be seen again or just forgotton about (I'm looking at you Hawkeye!)? Or might Ultron kill Steve Rodgers and Bucky takes up the role of the Cap?

I assume we'll be seeing Strucker again. Think he's schrduled to appear in Age Of Ultron. Also does Loki's staff contain another infinity gem?

It could be, but I'd guess Fury will keep it going in secret.

It was.

Well the second post-credits scene shows him seeing his Smithsonian exhibit so I guess that means he's not brainwashed anymore. He did that in the comics when Cap died for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it again here.

Yeah, he's signed up for future films.

It's tough to say on the infinity gem, it probably does. But they seem to be writing it as if they just have the "power" of them, so someone might harness it and put it into the gems so they can be slotted into the Gauntlet.

Couple of questions;

nah dont think so given how the tv show agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is progressing, with there being a season 2 of it rumoured to be signed off i cant see marvel writing out one of their biggest parts

Amazing Spiderman 2. Outstanding

I thought it was disappointingly average. It wasn't as good as the first one.

Garfield continued to be great as Peter Parker and it had the humour and jokes that you want from a Spider-man film but fucking hell, the villains were atrocious. Electro was all over the place, I don't like him being able to turn into electricity and travel through wires and whatnot, it's fucking stupid. I was with a couple of people who know comic books as well and when he first did it (after getting out the chair thing at the testing facility), we all immediately thought of Dr. Manhatten from Watchmen. At least they had the good sense to have him re-appear with nothing on, how does Electro re-emerge from the wires with clothes on?

Dane DeHaan did a great job as Harry but his Goblin was pretty poor, too. Brushed aside far too easily to be taken seriously in the future. I quite like the degenerative disease thing but Norman died very late, Harry would be like 17/18? He had 30-odd years and he panicking dramatically seemed a bit forceful.

Rhino was absolutely pointless. After Goblin was taken care of, I wondered if Rhino had been cut or something. They could've easily left him out of the Rhino suit for the film, put that scene as a stinger or something.

Even the Gwen Stacy scene was a bit meh, I would've preferred they just do it exactly from the comics.

The rest was good enough. I just felt disappointed, I was expecting a lot more. The villains here were just poor.

I throughly enjoyed spiderman 2, seen it yesterday. I agree that it felt like there was too much story to tell and going from 1 foe to 3 was too much, but I was glued to the screen from start to finish. Next it's finally Days of futures past and Godzilla. Brilliant times

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I throughly enjoyed spiderman 2, seen it yesterday. I agree that it felt like there was too much story to tell and going from 1 foe to 3 was too much, but I was glued to the screen from start to finish. Next it's finally Days of futures past and Godzilla. Brilliant times

Yeah the trailer for Godzilla in IMAX was fantastic, il probably be deaf after watching the full film when it comes out but by god it will be worth it

For Spiderman 2 I really applaud the way they filmed the web slinging sequences. I did have a few gripes but nothing that spoiled the enjoyment of the film. With regards to teh villians

The Rhino sequence at the end really wasn't needed tho loved the way the door was opened immediately for Sinister 6 and some of the cameos (Felica Hardy, Smyth) were pretty geektastic. I really enjoyed the way the story was twisted with the Osborne disease giving the motivation to Harry

Thinking back on the sequence with Gwen I think it was more to initally give the audience the thought then the relief that she was ok while the fight was still ongoing but then for him to catch her the 2nd time but then she still dies in a similar fashion was a very brave move from them but great to see them remain loyal to the content like that

Felt Fox did a good job with Max tho his progress from bumbling tech to supervillian was a quick for my liking but again minor gripe.

Yeah the trailer for Godzilla in IMAX was fantastic, il probably be deaf after watching the full film when it comes out but by god it will be worth it

For Spiderman 2 I really applaud the way they filmed the web slinging sequences. I did have a few gripes but nothing that spoiled the enjoyment of the film. With regards to teh villians

The Rhino sequence at the end really wasn't needed tho loved the way the door was opened immediately for Sinister 6 and some of the cameos (Felica Hardy, Smyth) were pretty geektastic. I really enjoyed the way the story was twisted with the Osborne disease giving the motivation to Harry

Thinking back on the sequence with Gwen I think it was more to initally give the audience the thought then the relief that she was ok while the fight was still ongoing but then for him to catch her the 2nd time but then she still dies in a similar fashion was a very brave move from them but great to see them remain loyal to the content like that

Felt Fox did a good job with Max tho his progress from bumbling tech to supervillian was a quick for my liking but again minor gripe.

Seeing doc ocs manupilulator arms was a nice wee touch too, the way they left it with Harry masterminding a group to combat spiderman was brilliant, I'm already excited for the next one, i agree that rhino was totally wasted, but still welcome, if anything they shouldn't have advertised that he was in it so we got a little surprise.

The Gwen scene shocked me, I actually thought they would spare her until the next film cause a lot of people expected her to die in the one. When her neck snapped back I actually gasped, I was properly into the scene. Overall it was a brilliant sequel and I don't think it did anything wrong, only that it was a lot to fit into 2 hours, barely even a complaint tbh. As per the Web slinging scenes were superbly done

Edited by EdgarusQPFC