Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Same, they showed a min preview in cineworld a few months ago (think it was with the Hobbit) and it shows the whole of the lift sequence that you see flashes of in the trailer, was pretty cool

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to avoid websites and stuff, I've seen far too much of Captain America and Spider-man as it is. Cineworld has shown two full scenes from Cap in the recent weeks when I've gone.

Annoying as f**k.

yeah it was bizzare seeing a full sequence rather than a trailer. After the Avengers Marvel really don't need to put out extended trailers for any of their films. The amount of trailers they have for Spiderman is just shocking

First photo of Catwoman from new show 'Gotham'

Selina-Kyle-Catwoman.jpg

who is the actress? what was the timeline on this again with reference to the Batman universe?

who is the actress? what was the timeline on this again with reference to the Batman universe?

They've already filmed the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne and cast a young Bruce Wayne so that's the point their at in the Batman universe. They've probably just decided to film it and get it out of the way rather than having it hanging over the show and stopping people from constantly asking if they'll show the beginning of the Batman origins.

They've already filmed the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne and cast a young Bruce Wayne so that's the point their at in the Batman universe. They've probably just decided to film it and get it out of the way rather than having it hanging over the show and stopping people from constantly asking if they'll show the beginning of the Batman origins.

I like the idea of it starting from that point, im assuming most of the focus will be on Gordon seeing what the police have to deal with

holy mother of all thats good and proper, that looks fucking outstanding

agreed, sentinals! by the sound of it as well Captain America is kicking arse too (hopefully seeing on Friday)

Saw Captain America : Winter Soldier yesterday. It's awesome, really enjoyed it and the game changing nature of the resolution is going to have knock on effects for the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Not bad at all.

A bit of a game changer by the looks of things. Although it was called the Winter Soldier, it was really more of a Captain America/SHIELD hybrid, as most of the agents got a lot more screen time than they've done before.

Quite liked it seeing SHIELD burned to the ground, and although it was nice to see that Hydra had corrupted SHIELD, it just felt a bit daft with Shield within SHIELD basically being a facist order. What really interests me is where Agents of Shield will go from there. It could actually make the final episodes of the season very interesting. Also with Nick Fury out on his own (I wasn't sure if he going to be brought back ala Coulsen but I knew he would survive), it wouldn't surprise me to see him in with the TV show a bit more often with his movie appearances looking to become restricted.

On the other parts, I liked the glimpse at the end of Quicksilver and The Scarlett Witch even though I'm not sure what angle they'll be tackling it without using the term 'mutant'. Also see that Loki's staff is still in the game (I assume it's crystal is another one of the infinity gaunlet?), but no idea who this Strucker is. Probably another Hydra leader. As much as I liked Hyrda being brought into the fold a little bit to make Steve Rogers' sacirfice worth nothing, I don't really like the idea of dragging it out in the third film.

I also notice that Bucky Rogers looks like he remembers at the end. I imagine he'll be taking over Steve Rogers(Sebastin Stan apparently is still contracted to another SEVEN movies) at the end of the third movie, which should pave the way for Chris Evans' exit.

Not bad at all.

A bit of a game changer by the looks of things. Although it was called the Winter Soldier, it was really more of a Captain America/SHIELD hybrid, as most of the agents got a lot more screen time than they've done before.

Quite liked it seeing SHIELD burned to the ground, and although it was nice to see that Hydra had corrupted SHIELD, it just felt a bit daft with Shield within SHIELD basically being a facist order. What really interests me is where Agents of Shield will go from there. It could actually make the final episodes of the season very interesting. Also with Nick Fury out on his own (I wasn't sure if he going to be brought back ala Coulsen but I knew he would survive), it wouldn't surprise me to see him in with the TV show a bit more often with his movie appearances looking to become restricted.

On the other parts, I liked the glimpse at the end of Quicksilver and The Scarlett Witch even though I'm not sure what angle they'll be tackling it without using the term 'mutant'. Also see that Loki's staff is still in the game (I assume it's crystal is another one of the infinity gaunlet?), but no idea who this Strucker is. Probably another Hydra leader. As much as I liked Hyrda being brought into the fold a little bit to make Steve Rogers' sacirfice worth nothing, I don't really like the idea of dragging it out in the third film.

I also notice that Bucky Rogers looks like he remembers at the end. I imagine he'll be taking over Steve Rogers(Sebastin Stan apparently is still contracted to another SEVEN movies) at the end of the third movie, which should pave the way for Chris Evans' exit.

Agreed on the part with SHIELD being dismantled, its a bold move from the studio but I suppose that then opens the door for Ultron being introduced by Tony Stark (Hank Pymm too?) as another way of keeping order.

Was actually pretty impressed with the film tho my mates i was with, not so much. Probably because there was no "big baddie" to fight tho Robert Redford was on good form

I only saw the first post credits scene didnt realise there was another until I saw the den of geek article. As I mentioned on the film thread I loved the wee easter eggs thrown in when they talked about who they would target and Steven Strange was mentioned. Also for anyone that was quick enough to see it on Furys headstone it reads "the path of the righteous man". I had a wee giggle at that

Not bad at all.

I hoped they would do the Life Model Decoy with Fury, that would've been lovely.

They'll basically just explain their powers as successful test subjects. And yes, Strucker is another Hydra leader. That's one of my problems with Captain America, the vast, vast majority of his villains are mostly Hydra or Hydra spin-offs. It's boring as f**k.

That seems logical, he was wearing the Captain America suit in the comics for a while when Cap was "dead" and even a bit after when he was Director of SHIELD. I wouldn't trust how many films they're signed on for, they'll sign them on for huge deals just in case but likely they won't get that many appearances. I'm sure Downey Jr. is signed on for a whole lot more but I'd be surprised if he was in many more.

Agreed on the part with SHIELD being dismantled, its a bold move from the studio but I suppose that then opens the door for Ultron being introduced by Tony Stark (Hank Pymm too?) as another way of keeping order.

Was actually pretty impressed with the film tho my mates i was with, not so much. Probably because there was no "big baddie" to fight tho Robert Redford was on good form

I only saw the first post credits scene didnt realise there was another until I saw the den of geek article. As I mentioned on the film thread I loved the wee easter eggs thrown in when they talked about who they would target and Steven Strange was mentioned. Also for anyone that was quick enough to see it on Furys headstone it reads "the path of the righteous man". I had a wee giggle at that

I don't think Pym will be in the Avengers 2, I think it's the logical move to make JARVIS turn.

That Strange comment was fantastic, so subtle but anyone who knows the name was just like "HOLY SHIT!". Fantastic. I didn't catch the gravestone, looks like I'll be going back to see it then!

I hoped they would do the Life Model Decoy with Fury, that would've been lovely.

They'll basically just explain their powers as successful test subjects. And yes, Strucker is another Hydra leader. That's one of my problems with Captain America, the vast, vast majority of his villains are mostly Hydra or Hydra spin-offs. It's boring as f**k.

That seems logical, he was wearing the Captain America suit in the comics for a while when Cap was "dead" and even a bit after when he was Director of SHIELD. I wouldn't trust how many films they're signed on for, they'll sign them on for huge deals just in case but likely they won't get that many appearances. I'm sure Downey Jr. is signed on for a whole lot more but I'd be surprised if he was in many more.

I don't think Pym will be in the Avengers 2, I think it's the logical move to make JARVIS turn.

That Strange comment was fantastic, so subtle but anyone who knows the name was just like "HOLY SHIT!". Fantastic. I didn't catch the gravestone, looks like I'll be going back to see it then!

I wasn't sure with Ant Man following just after Age Of Ultron, I wondered if it would be a nice way to maybe just reference him "we are building on Pymms early work" etc just to give a hint on things

Yeah i wasn't sitting next to any of my mates who knew much about other Marvel characters so i was just sitting there nodding like the churchill dog. Yup the gravestone thing was pretty quick but i liked just as a bit of a WTF moment

Just back from seeing it there - before I get to the film, a quick round up on the trailers...

Guardians Of The Galaxy - don't know much about them, and the trailer didn't enthuse me. The fact that Del Toro's character from the end of Thor is in it means it will tie into the rest of the universe, but that's the only thing making me want to see it.

Amazing Spiderman 2 - Looks cracking.

Noah - no thanks. Decent cast with Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson and Ray Winstone, but really?

Pompeii - not sure what to think. You know what's coming, and how much can there actually be after the eruption?

Rio 2 - looks awful.

And then they showed the X-Men Days of Future Past trailer. Yes, Yes, and thrice Yes!

As for CA:TWS - loved it. Belting action sequences, decent story, cheeky references to other films/characters - very pleasing.

Was pleased to see Maria Hill become more than just an assistant to Fury, and I really liked the idea of Hydra inside SHIELD, but I wasn't a fan of the living memory of Zola, although I can see why they did it that way.

I thought Robert Redford was immense too - sinister while still unbelievably charming. It was pretty obvious how even Fury could be taken in by him

Just back from seeing it there - before I get to the film, a quick round up on the trailers...

Guardians Of The Galaxy - don't know much about them, and the trailer didn't enthuse me. The fact that Del Toro's character from the end of Thor is in it means it will tie into the rest of the universe, but that's the only thing making me want to see it.

Given how the universe appears to be coming together, it will definitely tie in and it wouldn't surprise me if Thanos shows up or is mentioned very clearly. (comic spoilers)

Gamora is Thanos' daughter and Thanos killed Drax's family

Given how the universe appears to be coming together, it will definitely tie in and it wouldn't surprise me if Thanos shows up or is mentioned very clearly. (comic spoilers)

Gamora is Thanos' daughter and Thanos killed Drax's family

That's fair enough - it just struck me that the trailer didn't really sell much to the casual Marvel viewer, it definitely seemed aimed at people who knew the characters/comics.

That's fair enough - it just struck me that the trailer didn't really sell much to the casual Marvel viewer, it definitely seemed aimed at people who knew the characters/comics.

Yeah, it kinda is. I heard that they've not put too much effort or money into the merchandise (specifically the toys and stuff). They're putting this film out there, hoping that the Marvel name will break it even while getting the name out there so they can do a second one and that'll be the moneymaker and the one that they'll put a lot of eggs into.