House

Gaz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say 7 has been good. MB's ep he refers to is good. but without any spoilers, the one after that is excellent.

Perhaps it's just me. I found a lot of the House/Cuddy relationship development predictable and miserable and that ruined it for me. I do wonder if it's actually going to return for an 8th series with Lisa Eidelstein's departure, although if it does, I can see Wilson succeeding her as Chief of Medicine. It would have to be someone who would give House a relatively long leash for it to still work (see first series with Edward Vogler).

According to my husband series 8 is Hugh Laurie's last. I think it's at the stage where it could become stale and they could do with calling it quits before it gets to that stage and if Lisa Eidelstien's already off I can see 8 being the last.

Got three to catch up on on the Sky plus.

According to my husband series 8 is Hugh Laurie's last. I think it's at the stage where it could become stale and they could do with calling it quits before it gets to that stage and if Lisa Eidelstien's already off I can see 8 being the last.

Got three to catch up on on the Sky plus.

You're in luck, because the last few episodes it's really started picking up again now - assuming the kids will let you watch it, that is! Now that House and Cuddy aren't together, he's just as infuriatingly smug, cocky, unpredictable and brilliant as he ever was. I do agree though that based on the series up until that point, they're running short of ideas how, and after 7 series' it's unsurprising really. A lot of dramas don't make it that far, so 8 will be plenty in my opinion.

Just watched this weeks episode on Sky+ and it is the most gruesome one I have seen (when he was operating on his own leg) - totally enthralling episode. :D

Watched it yesterday while the wee man went to see Thomas and Percy. Diesel was there too, apparently. But anyway...

Without doubt the goriest scene ever to grace House, but the whole episode was brilliant. I love the way that the episodes towards the end of each series just get progressively better and build to a grand climax for the finale. I can't wait for the next one now.

There's a bit more for Cuddy to do, surely? When it returns, we need to know how she went and tie up the end of the story. It's a ridiculous way for her to finish. Other than that, it was a brilliant episode.

There's a bit more for Cuddy to do, surely? When it returns, we need to know how she went and tie up the end of the story. It's a ridiculous way for her to finish. Other than that, it was a brilliant episode.

I think that's her done honestly. She's not renewed her contract and it's unusual when that happens for the character to return even for an episode or two.

I think that's her done honestly. She's not renewed her contract and it's unusual when that happens for the character to return even for an episode or two.

That's kind of what I mean though - it's going to be really odd when her story is obviously not finished. I can't see how they're going to get House back in the hospital after that and we need to see why Cuddy's not there. I've got a horrible feeling that we're going to be left with a contrived bit of dialogue that explains it all and that'll be it.

Who will take over as Chief of Medicine? I'm going for either Winston or possibly even a return of Cameron. Jennifer Morrison did say at the time she left that she hoped it wasn't forever and she'd like to return and she was running the ER at one point. It'd be great to see her back, but I think I'm hoping for too much there.

I reckon we're looking at 4 or 5 "non-hospital" episodes to start the next series. Cuddy probably won't even be mentioned, and it'll just be Hugh Laurie, somewhere, without the rest of the supporting cast.

I'm sure I read somewhere that there were supposed to be a few "on-the-road" episodes this series, but they were changed for some reason (presumably just him doing stuff along the lines of that County Fair he went to with Thirteen).

I really enjoyed the spud gun episode and I think the "out-of-hospital" episodes are generally quite good. It'd be a bit annoying if they took up too many episodes though - the rehab episodes for example were alright, but I just desperately wanted him back at the hospital being House. I've always loved the show's format, it's what got me hooked in the first place, so anything that detracts from that for too long is going to end up being an annoyance.

Some of House's lines in that last episode were brilliant.

Wilson: How many of those have you taken?

House: Is "your mom" a number?

To Chase: You took an oath to be cool! At least that's the one I said under my breath while everyone else took the boring one.

That's kind of what I mean though - it's going to be really odd when her story is obviously not finished. I can't see how they're going to get House back in the hospital after that and we need to see why Cuddy's not there. I've got a horrible feeling that we're going to be left with a contrived bit of dialogue that explains it all and that'll be it.

Who will take over as Chief of Medicine? I'm going for either Winston or possibly even a return of Cameron. Jennifer Morrison did say at the time she left that she hoped it wasn't forever and she'd like to return and she was running the ER at one point. It'd be great to see her back, but I think I'm hoping for too much there.

Considering Jennifer Morrison is starring in her own new show, I doubt she'll be coming back I'm afraid.

I would imagine that Cuddy will have fucked off to get rid of House from her life. Maybe years will have past since the series just past? Hospital in trouble so they get House back. Wilson is chief of medicine, Taub has his little buggers. Maybe 13 wants House back because he promised he would end it for her when the time came, guilt him back.

Lots of ways for them to go.

I'm fairly certain that it will be the last season, so I can imagine that we'll be looking at the beginning of the end of Thirteen at least. I don't know how they'll keep it going without Cuddy and her relationship with House. Unless there's something massive coming, I think it'll be missed greatly. I hadn't heard about Jennifer Morrison's new show, so that's a bit disappointing. I'd love to see her come back. Her chemistry with House was great to watch. I always wanted them to get together really, but that was never going to work. She's far too soft for him.

I don't really like "several years later" openers, but if it's how they can make it work, it'll have to do! I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Archived