Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The Freys had a comeuppance signposted more than once during the show.

The crimes of The Red Wedding are deemed to be amongst the worst you can commit and the various lines throughout the show about killing a guest under your roof were fairly obviously pointing to a gruesome end to that house. This mantra was repeated several times and by several different people and seemed almost to be a curse of sorts.

I may be wrong but everything seems to point to them having broken an unbreakable rule in the eyes of the Gods etc and their fate is pre-determined.

On the subject of Valyrian swords, there is a sword belonging to House Dayne of Dorne called 'Dawn' which I presume they still have. It was the sword belonging to the Kingsguard Knight we see in the flashback at the Tower of Joy fighting young Eddard Stark. However he was dual wielding so I assume he didn't have the sword when he died.

On the subject of Valyrian swords, there is a sword belonging to House Dayne of Dorne called 'Dawn' which I presume they still have. It was the sword belonging to the Kingsguard Knight we see in the flashback at the Tower of Joy fighting young Eddard Stark. However he was dual wielding so I assume he didn't have the sword when he died.

I'm sure in the books Ned returns it to his sister after the fight, so they're probably just going to leave it out

I'm sure in the books Ned returns it to his sister after the fight, so they're probably just going to leave it out

Not certain that was valyrian. Is it not just described as being milky white or am I thinking of another one

Not certain that was valyrian. Is it not just described as being milky white or am I thinking of another one

Its made from meteor iron, so like Valyrian steel is a high carbon alloy. The hint is the "magical" qualities of both Dawn and Valyrian blades are really just advanced metallurgy, similar to Damascus Steel. 

Yeah that's the one. Either way, not sure they'll bother bringing into the TV show at this point since he didn't have it in the Tower of Joy scene.

Separate side note, House Dayne isn't from Dorne, they're loyal to the Tyrells

I'm not sure how that would fit in with Littlefinger's general incentive to foster chaos and prevent capable leaders from seizing meaningful power. By that motive Littlefinger should be quite happy to see a psychotic, comedy villain tyrant kill Rickon and add fuel to a general civil war in the north. He could well be moving completely oblivious to events on the Wall, but a deliberate alliance doesn't make much sense in terms of the plot and what we know so far. 

True, but there's the Sansa factor to consider. He doesn't know Rickon's alive and presumably won't at any point, while Jon is a b*****d. As far as he's concerned Sansa is the only legitimate heir to Winterfell. He could see the chance to wed Robert Arryn to Sansa and have de facto control of both the North and The Vale for himself - he's fine with a capable, stable leader if it's him, and he underestimates how much Sansa has matured.

Pretty sure the throne itself was made of them too.

The throne is made of swords, but none of them are Valyrian. After every battle while uniting the Seven Kingdoms under his rule, Aegon the Conqueror had all the swords of the fallen enemies gathered up, constructing the throne from them.

An alright episode, purely a "build up" one which doesnt really excite me too much, but they are neccesary.

Main forces coming into play now, Jon seems to be on the verge of taking the North, Lannisters and Tyrells have joined in an uneasy truce and Dany now has the whole Dothraki and the Unsullied (I mean seriously, how the fucks she getting them all across the sea?)

An alright episode, purely a "build up" one which doesnt really excite me too much, but they are neccesary.

Main forces coming into play now, Jon seems to be on the verge of taking the North, Lannisters and Tyrells have joined in an uneasy truce and Dany now has the whole Dothraki and the Unsullied (I mean seriously, how the fucks she getting them all across the sea?)

That Astapor fleet that's been mentioned on a couple of ocassions seems like a decent bargaining tool for when Dany rocks up at their door with her mammoth army. Either that or the Greyjoys at a guess.

If Old Dead Ned was right then winter is coming so the sea will freeze and they'll just walk across.

We can see the obvious line ups and formations for the upcoming b*****dbowl of the north. The two surprise new signings will be Frey and Tully. At this moment we have no idea who will be signing them, but I suspect Tully will be signing for team Snow. Frey though, I sense they will play a huge role for whoever they sign for. Will Frey even let Tully go on an overlap?

My guess is for the Blackfish to team up with the remains of the Brotherhood Without Banners and inflict some Frey losses. 

Bryndan Tully is cool as f**k  8)

RE the different maps being posted, apologies if this has already been put here, but thought folk might like it:

http://quartermaester.info/

It's an interactive map where you can trace the paths the characters have made. Not got this series on it by the looks of things though. Still quite fun.

Edit: MAPS being posted, not amps.

:rolleyes:

Edited by milton75