Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Only just caught up on last week.

Great episode, loads going on plot-wise. I liked Tyrion's plan but I did wonder if they're setting it up for things to go badly wrong. Can see them all just giving up on Mereen.

All the Castle Black scenes were great. That awkward convo between Brienne, Melisandre and Davos! There's a theory going around that Ramsay's letter was actually written by the Umbers as part of some sneaky plan. Would be really disappointed if that was true because I a) don't like the idea of someone else being able to 'do' the character, it was perfectly worded as something he would say and b) don't think it makes sense dramatically to have another set of characters we don't really know attempting a powerplay at this stage.

I even liked the Littlefinger scene, manipulating Robyn into sending the Knights of the Vale in with like zero effort, barely bothering to keep up the facade.

Cersei and Jaime's rescue plan was interesting, I reckon it'll end up with the Sparrows defeated but Tommen dead.

Edited by Christophe

don't think so? If Tommen and Margeary have comnsimated there marriage I think she would get the crown?

Nope, it should go to Stannis, then Shireen, then Renly. It would then go Tywin, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Kevan, Lancel. All Lannisters. I assume Cersei would seize power as Queen if that came to pass as Jaime can't.

That would all be dependent on Jon being recognised as such which is surely impossible seen as Howland Reed and a man in a tree are the only ones that know. Unless Dany conquers we'll be working down the 'Baratheon' line or what's left of it

I was speaking to someone last night who was adamant that the Umber's were playing Ramsay. They claimed for one that the head on the hook was too small to be a direwolf so it wasn't Shaggydog. Reckoned it was a ploy to get close to Ramsay and sack Winterfell from the inside and install Rickon as the Lord.

I wasn't convinced though.

Nope, it should go to Stannis, then Shireen, then Renly. It would then go Tywin, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Kevan, Lancel. All Lannisters. I assume Cersei would seize power as Queen if that came to pass as Jaime can't.

The Lannisters have absolutely no claim to the throne. Cersei was a queen regent and is no longer the queen, so no longer plays a role in the succession; a succession that is entirely based on her children being from the Baratheon line. So long as Margaery's marriage is viewed as legit then she would play the role of kingmaker, but I wouldn't fancy her chances of lasting in that role. 

I was speaking to someone last night who was adamant that the Umber's were playing Ramsay. They claimed for one that the head on the hook was too small to be a direwolf so it wasn't Shaggydog. Reckoned it was a ploy to get close to Ramsay and sack Winterfell from the inside and install Rickon as the Lord.

I wasn't convinced though.

I've heard a few folk say they didn't think it was a direwolf's head, but I can't say I noticed