Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I've been watching this again to refresh my memory before season 7 begins. I'm almost done season 4. Be interesting to see if arya makes it to winterfell, what happens with the hound and the mountain and where Daenerys goes next.
Also, what happened with gendry? Still rowing his boat? ????

I'm not as hyped for season 7 as I was for season 6. Season 6 had a huge, book related cliffhanger whereas this season doesn't have that same intrigue.

I'm hoping to see the tourney of Harrenhal flashback in season 7, and I suspect all the politics will be more or less at an end, making way for a massive Dragons vs Zombies fight in season 8. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Now that I've started writing about it, I'm feeling a bit more excited.

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm not as hyped for season 7 as I was for season 6. Season 6 had a huge, book related cliffhanger whereas this season doesn't have that same intrigue.

I'm hoping to see the tourney of Harrenhal flashback in season 7, and I suspect all the politics will be more or less at an end, making way for a massive Dragons vs Zombies fight in season 8. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Now that I've started writing about it, I'm feeling a bit more excited.

I'm happy that the political intrigue is making way for the scenes tbh. The politics in King's Landing etc were the best parts of the show while they were following the books but you could see the dialogue taking a nose dive once the show had to start writing on its own. They've excelled at the big action set pieces especially in the last two seasons so it'll be cool to see them continue on from there. 

ETA not just the battles either, the scene where Cersei gets revenge was 10/10.

Edited by NotThePars

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

I suspect all the politics will be more or less at an end, making way for a massive Dragons vs Zombies fight in season 8.

I think you're right.  The wildfire incident in season 6 was a deliberate attempt to clear the decks of unnecessary characters, setting up three main power blocs led by Cersei, Daenerys and Jon Snow.  I reckon season 7 will end up with Cersei defeated by Dany, and her and Jon Snow about to face off before Dany is convinced they need to team up to face the White Walkers.  Then season 8 will be Dany/Jon/dragons vs White Walkers.  It'll be a lot of fun, but probably not have the same level of intrigue as earlier seasons.

Edited by Forfinn

Just now, Stellaboz said:

I think we'll somehow see Cersei until the end. She's survived a lot so far and has a knack of getting the f**k out of dodge.

I think both Cersei and Jaime will die in a wildfire related incident at the end of this season, whether it's set off by Cersei or Jaime kills her and somehow dies himself I'm not sure. I think they'll both go together.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Cleganebowl this season too, but the Hound is going the wrong way :( 

I think both Cersei and Jaime will die in a wildfire related incident at the end of this season, whether it's set off by Cersei or Jaime kills her and somehow dies himself I'm not sure. I think they'll both go together.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Cleganebowl this season too, but the Hound is going the wrong way [emoji20] 

Cleganebowl HYPE!

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I'm going to stray in to book spoiler territory here, because apparently this hasn't been shown in the show, but is mentioned in the books.  I'll spoiler tag the whole lot just in case.

I don't know if it'll be wildfire, but I'm certain it'll be Jaime that kills her.  She'll be planning something mental, and, as Jaime's actually an alright guy, he'll kill her to stop it and then probably kill himself.

Season five had a flashback scene to when Maggy the Frog gave Cersei an extensive prophecy about how doomed her life was going to be.  It left out the final part of this:

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother".  Assuming this applies in the GoT TV "universe" as well, it likely forms part of her hatred of Tyrion, in the belief it refers to him.  However, despite being twins, Jaime is also her little brother given she was born first.

If I was writing a narrative for the downfall of Cersei, I would absolutely have Jaime be the one to kill her.  This just solidifies it IMO.

He must have been caught on a strong current and was accidentally blown in to shore.

Therefore, Gendry to assume the Iron Throne. He probably built a good number of the swords that are part of it anyway.

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

I'm going to stray in to book spoiler territory here, because apparently this hasn't been shown in the show, but is mentioned in the books.  I'll spoiler tag the whole lot just in case.

Hide contents

I don't know if it'll be wildfire, but I'm certain it'll be Jaime that kills her.  She'll be planning something mental, and, as Jaime's actually an alright guy, he'll kill her to stop it and then probably kill himself.

Season five had a flashback scene to when Maggy the Frog gave Cersei an extensive prophecy about how doomed her life was going to be.  It left out the final part of this:

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother".  Assuming this applies in the GoT TV "universe" as well, it likely forms part of her hatred of Tyrion, in the belief it refers to him.  However, despite being twins, Jaime is also her little brother given she was born first.

If I was writing a narrative for the downfall of Cersei, I would absolutely have Jaime be the one to kill her.  This just solidifies it IMO.

Hopefully he strangles her while baws-deep, screaming "at last, the real battle for Cersei's c-nt"

Started watching this from the beginning as a refresher, only at season 3 so no chance of finishing it before the new season starts.

So many hints at how this going to end in season 1, obviously book readers will have a rough idea anyway. If only I understood it all!

Personally think Bran will have the biggest part to play from here on.