Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The white walkers have to be the worst invaders of all time. They don't seem to actually have a motive other than your blood is warm I'm go kill you now OK.

One of them is going to learn the power of speech. It's basically the Borg, in walking, zombie style.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

The white walkers have to be the worst invaders of all time. They don't seem to actually have a motive other than your blood is warm I'm go kill you now OK.

I quite like that about them. Ruthless as f**k and just don't care about anything. It's part of what makes them such a threat.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

They likely didn't have one. The dragon was just one of those massive coincidences that happens in shows like this.

GRRM had done a very good job of planting lots of story elements from the outset. His "plan" seems to work, bits keep fitting. The wonky timelines and massive coincidences are parts the show innovated. Unless the show massively diverges at this point then its possible this was one part of their plan. 300 years of Targarian rule had seen the Watch fall from being something along the lines of the Crusading Holy Orders into little more than a penal battalion holding back wildling raids. Only in the North was it still felt to be part of the social structure of the realm. With the Watch so weak the Nights King reemerges to build an army. At this point the realm is falling apart and breaking into anarchy. I do not think dragons  were plan A but when they became available I think he might have done some scheming. 

He may have spies in Westeros.

I don't get the whole predictable talk. Of course it's going to be predictable when obsessed VL's theorise the show to death and then everyone else spends the time reading about it.

I'm not sure I've seen that with any other TV show before. I like to just let it play out and see what happens. Curious as to why people are doing it. Do you think it's point scoring with peers, ''I called it''. Or are they just trying to prove how smart they are because they've followed the show better than anyone else and can piece it all together, thus making it super predictable when it all happens...

Give this man the rest of the week off.

I can't understand all the folk whinging about how everything's playing out. It's great television. It's got to a point now where we almost know how it's going to end. The time for dramatic deaths has passed - let the story play out for f**k sakes and just enjoy it.

Started watching from the beginning again. You forget just how incredible season one really is. Ned loses 'is 'ead in episode nine ... not even a season finale! Excellent stuff.

1 hour ago, MSU said:

Started watching from the beginning again. You forget just how incredible season one really is. Ned loses 'is 'ead in episode nine ... not even a season finale! Excellent stuff.

Yeah I watched episode 1 last week. You forget a lot of stuff that happened at the start!

apology.JPG

Not sure if this has been covered, but what's happened to Ghost?

Dug that played him died and it's too expensive to build him from scratch with chi. Apparently they cut two scenes with him this series.

Mad that a show like this has to be so careful with their budget. You'd think with its success it would be a blank cheque near enough. Never heard of a major show delaying itself by months, cutting episodes and totally patching a character to save pennies

You wonder what their plan was if they didn't get a dragon.

They managed to find some huge lengths of chain from somewhere. Am sure they'd have found some massive ladders just lying around.

Another theory I was told about this morning was that, in the final scene, as the white walkers walked through the remains of the wall, the shape of the horde loosely resembled the House Stark sigil, which apparently has more people buying into the "Bran is the Night King" theory.

Thoughts?