Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

• 2 months later...

I've read and can guess from the trailers that the budget is significantly bigger for the second series. Which I suppose it kind of has to be. They obviously decided not to film the only big battle scene from the first book, probably because of money, but they're devoting a whole episode to the big battle in the second book. Cannot fucking wait!

I've read and can guess from the trailers that the budget is significantly bigger for the second series. Which I suppose it kind of has to be. They obviously decided not to film the only big battle scene from the first book, probably because of money, but they're devoting a whole episode to the big battle in the second book. Cannot fucking wait!

Looks from the trailer like they've gone for CGI direwolves this series too, which makes sense. Not only are they supposed to be much larger than normal dogs, but they seem to have a pretty significant part to play at times and I think they didn't feature them too much in the 1st series because they weren't easy to train.

I imagine generally a lot more will be getting spent on CGI this series too.

Can't fucking wait either! Got the Blu-Ray to keep me til then anyway - Don't want to pirate this because I really don't want to see it cancelled before they film A Storm of Swords, and it just looks spectacular.

Looks from the trailer like they've gone for CGI direwolves this series too, which makes sense. Not only are they supposed to be much larger than normal dogs, but they seem to have a pretty significant part to play at times and I think they didn't feature them too much in the 1st series because they weren't easy to train.

Aye, that's the only option I think. Ghost and Grey Wind'll probably get a lot of action in season 2.

Can't fucking wait either! Got the Blu-Ray to keep me til then anyway - Don't want to pirate this because I really don't want to see it cancelled before they film A Storm of Swords, and it just looks spectacular.

I've re-watched the 1st series on streaming sites but I'll probably buy the DVDs at some point. It's something that's properly deserving of my cash. I really hope they stick with this until the end. I'm encouraged because the first season was such a success. The subsequent seasons will obviously take more money to film well so hopefully they keep making money off it.

Aye, that's the only option I think. Ghost and Grey Wind'll probably get a lot of action in season 2.

I've re-watched the 1st series on streaming sites but I'll probably buy the DVDs at some point. It's something that's properly deserving of my cash. I really hope they stick with this until the end. I'm encouraged because the first season was such a success. The subsequent seasons will obviously take more money to film well so hopefully they keep making money off it.

The problem they potentially face is there is still 2 books to come (The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring - and there's a good chance they'll be split into two halves) so the story isn't actually finished yet. The hiatus between a Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons was approximately six years, and from reading some interviews etc with George R R Martin, he's not in any real rush to finish the books either. They'll get away with a season a year for the next few years probably, but there will come a time when the child actors will outgrow their characters' ages in the books and they'll run out of story to tell.

The problem they potentially face is there is still 2 books to come (The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring - and there's a good chance they'll be split into two halves) so the story isn't actually finished yet. The hiatus between a Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons was approximately six years, and from reading some interviews etc with George R R Martin, he's not in any real rush to finish the books either. They'll get away with a season a year for the next few years probably, but there will come a time when the child actors will outgrow their characters' ages in the books and they'll run out of story to tell.

He was writing a book every two years until the long gap between aFfC and aDwD. I've read that he took a long time as he was changing story lines and didn't know exactly how to fit it all together. I'd hope that he knows pretty much how it's all going to pan out, more or less, from this point so that the last two books will be more like the first few and be written in around two years each. Assuming he doesn't cut them in two like aSoS.

If HBO do a season every year, they'd finish Dance with Dragons in 2015. That would mean if Martin can write Winds of Winter by 2015 and Song of Spring by 2016, it's still do-able at one a year.

I don't think the children growing up will be a significant challenge and they're all already older than they were in the books. All the kids now could easily be young adults by the fifth book. Won't give too much away but I can't think of any character who would be too old for their story by book 5 anyway.

I've got the first season of this in the house but haven't watched it yet. Is it worthwhile reading the series of books first or should I just go straight on to watching the first season?

I've got the first season of this in the house but haven't watched it yet. Is it worthwhile reading the series of books first or should I just go straight on to watching the first season?

I'd watch the show 1st I reckon. The big moments are more impactful on the custard and jelly.

Depends what you like I suppose. I watched the series first and then read all the books. I wished I'd read the books first but I always like reading the books before the film or TV versions of everything.

Depends what you like I suppose. I watched the series first and then read all the books. I wished I'd read the books first but I always like reading the books before the film or TV versions of everything.

I'm usually the same as you to be honest. I know we're going back a few years, but I much preferred the Harry Potter books to any of the films. The good thing is I can probably get the books quite cheap online these days so I'll buy them and try and get through them before the temptation to watch the series becomes too great. I'm such an indecisive c**t.

I'm usually the same as you to be honest. I know we're going back a few years, but I much preferred the Harry Potter books to any of the films. The good thing is I can probably get the books quite cheap online these days so I'll buy them and try and get through them before the temptation to watch the series becomes too great. I'm such an indecisive c**t.

At least read the first book, then you're free to watch the first series.

• 2 weeks later...