Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Finished season two today, that was some quality television right there.

The wildfire scene was phenomenal.

Tyrion continues to be fucking quality, him and Bronn are immense together as well. Was worried for a second near the end that he might not make it. The rest of the Lannisters are p***ks though. The Starks aren't much better, tbh. (Arya excluded)

The stuff is Qarth was weird as shit.

My only complaint would be that it must be torturous to watch one episode a week. There's so many stories going on that it's a hellish format to watch it in. I'm loving it just now because I've got the first two seasons on bluray so am just binging it but I'm not looking forward to having to wait a week for more of the story. At least it's at a decent place just now where I'm not stuck on a cliffhanger for a month until the Season 3 bluray comes out. (I would find alternative means but I'll be getting it in a month anyway so I'll just wait)

I'm fully caught up the with the books now and have to say I'm majorly disappointed with...

(BOOK SPOILER)

How Daenerys' story has progressed (or not progressed) since A Storm of Swords :thumbsdown I really thought it was going to be something special and was looking forward to her crossing the sea and taking (or at least attempting to take the throne) but her absence in A Feast of Crows and then all the pish in Meereen has just led to huge disappointment.

In general though, I've found reading the books a better experience than watching the show as it makes me the appreciate the depth of the story and the characters so much more.

Edited by Rossco1893

I'm fully caught up the with the books now and have to say I'm majorly disappointed with...

(BOOK SPOILER)

How Daenerys' story has progressed (or not progressed) since A Storm of Swords :thumbsdown I really thought it was going to be something special and was looking forward to her crossing the sea and taking (or at least attempting to take the throne) but her absence in A Feast of Crows and then all the pish in Meereen has just led to huge disappointment.

Yeah, same here. I know George RR Martin had a really difficult time making all the different storylines tie together at the right times but it did make Feast and Dance feel like they were just padding out certain parts of the story.

The Winds of Winter should be fucking fantastic though. Victarion and Tyrion will turn up in Mereen and there should be the battle between Stannis and the Boltons very early on.

Can't wait for it.

Not to put too much of a dampener on the GOT love in but GRRM hasn't written a good book in 13 years, I don't think that's going to change any time soon. He spends way too much time doing anything but writing. Read Joe Abercrombie, he treats his readers with respect and he's been highly prolific recently compared to GRRM......Scott Lynch is also 'similar' but he has also had issues with his writing speed, he has a valid excuse though as he's clinically depressed.

Not to put too much of a dampener on the GOT love in but GRRM hasn't written a good book in 13 years, I don't think that's going to change any time soon. He spends way too much time doing anything but writing. Read Joe Abercrombie, he treats his readers with respect and he's been highly prolific recently compared to GRRM......Scott Lynch is also 'similar' but he has also had issues with his writing speed, he has a valid excuse though as he's clinically depressed.

I'm shit-feart that Martin is going to kick it before he gets the rest of the books finished. The man's old as f**k, and a fat b*****d as well.

Apparently he has told the show's directors/producers/writers how he is planning to end the story in case that does happen, so we should have the series at least.

I'm shit-feart that Martin is going to kick it before he gets the rest of the books finished. The man's old as f**k, and a fat b*****d as well.

Apparently he has told the show's directors/producers/writers how he is planning to end the story in case that does happen, so we should have the series at least.

He's not that old. Only 65. He looks older though and is cleary an unhealthy fat b*****d. I'd put money on diabetes or heart disease taking him before age. That's the fear.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 3, blasted through it in two days.

I was not prepared for the second to last episode. f**k.

I always avoid spoilers (very easy to do despite what many morons say) and when I say that episode I was shouting 'What the f**k?!" very loudly. When they stabbed Rob's wife (and baby) I was shocked but when it went on I was fucking stunned. Great episode mind. I had the same reaction to Ned Stark getting his head chopped off.

Can't wait to see what happens in episode 9 in the 4th series.

I always avoid spoilers (very easy to do despite what many morons say) and when I say that episode I was shouting 'What the f**k?!" very loudly. When they stabbed Rob's wife (and baby) I was shocked but when it went on I was fucking stunned. Great episode mind. I had the same reaction to Ned Stark getting his head chopped off.

I've managed to avoid them, for the most part. Having only started the show about three months ago, I think I did a good job.

I knew that Ned was gonna be offed at some point before I started as I couldn't remember seeing him mentioned in anything I had encountered. I thought Drogo was gonna be in the show for a lot longer though.

I also knew the Red Wedding was a thing but completely forgot as I was watching the wedding happen and I didn't expect the Starks to get fucked again. I can't help but feel really upset at it as well, I kind of like them (well, Arya, Robb and Jon Snow - Catelyn and Sansa are complete c***s so I'm glad the former perished as well).