Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Interesting Theory

No spoilers or anything in there.

I don't have sound on my work computer, so will have a gander at the video later.

That theory has been doing the rounds since about 1998 :lol:

emoticon-GRRMfuckyou70.gif

F**k you!

This is what he thinks of fans who are fearful that he may die before finishing the series (because he's a lazy fat shite). He is horrible c**t of a man, some of those fans have been reading the books for nearly 20 years so it's no surprise they would like to see an ending ffs.

Meh, I'll be honest I've never really read much about it before. It wasn't until this season I even ventured into this thread. I used to just watch it then get on with it myself!

GRRM does like to do the opposite of what everyone expects to be fair. Cue Jon being the illegitimate b*****d of Ned & Melisandre.

Interesting Theory

No spoilers or anything in there.

I don't have sound on my work computer, so will have a gander at the video later.

Yes, as others have said this has been the racing favourite among book fans for some years now. It's not universally accepted and there are plenty of other theories out there, but personally I find the circumstantial evidence to be pretty compelling. (Also, GRRM has planned out those sorts of aspects from the book since way back, so I don't see him changing it in response to expectations - if we're wrong, we've always been wrong.)

To my mind, though, it's because of stuff like this that make the TV series - good fun though it is - so much less interesting than the books. The TV show is a single narrative telling a story, the books are a whole array of competing narratives and information and misinformation, and so much is deliberately planted to give you clues to work out the genuine state of affairs (insofar as there is one). The most important bit of back-up for this particular theory, for example, comes from a passage of Ned Stark's inner monologue in the first book - not a hint of which was contained within the TV equivalent. So if it does turn out to be true it's going to be deus ex machina as far as the TV viewer is concerned. (And even if it doesn't, there's plenty other examples which could be used to make the same point.)

Apologies if this has been posted here before but I did a quick search and it doesn't look like it.

Anyways if anyone is interested in what a football + Game of Thrones coming together would look like then check out this...

Link

It is a shameless link to my blog but there are some pretty cool kits in there!

Apologies if this has been posted here before but I did a quick search and it doesn't look like it.

Anyways if anyone is interested in what a football + Game of Thrones coming together would look like then check out this...

Link

That Targaryen strip is smart as f**k. Wouldn't mind seeing Danaerys in that.

:)

Link

House Tyrell looks a like a Celtic strip.

Boak.

Just started the books. About 150 pages into the first one... Must say - as much as I find book readers can be tedious, trendy, hipsters at times - this really has started off amazingly well. I know all the major plot points that are happening but the way it's written makes me appreciate it so much. It's actually a bit of a bonus to be able to picture characters in my mind, helps me understand what's going on a little better.

To be honest I can't wait till I read past what I know but I didn't want to just skip in to where the TV show has left off, wouldn't feel right.

Just started the books. About 150 pages into the first one... Must say - as much as I find book readers can be tedious, trendy, hipsters at times - this really has started off amazingly well. I know all the major plot points that are happening but the way it's written makes me appreciate it so much. It's actually a bit of a bonus to be able to picture characters in my mind, helps me understand what's going on a little better.

To be honest I can't wait till I read past what I know but I didn't want to just skip in to where the TV show has left off, wouldn't feel right.

Enjoy. The books are fucking excellent. Well, most of them.

:)

Agreed, especially the casting of Jonathan Pryce, could be the replacement for Charles Dance that the show needs now!!!

The High Septon/Sparrow is a big big part in A Feast Of Crows so it is good to see an actor of such ability in the role, should be good!!!

Pryce as the High Sparrow could be cracking. I agree about the Sand Snakes, thought they would be hotter/more Mediterranean looking. I'll need to go again and double check who the rest are. There must be more new characters to be announced at some point if they plan on following the books in any way?

Meh, the Dornish princesses were way hotter in my head.

:(

I understand the sentiment but I think all are tidy but a tidy with the potential to be very hot..... think back to Emilia Clarke. When the programme was first cast who would have thought the tidy little brunette, no more in my opinion would turn out to be one of the sexiest women on TV with such a huge following......

I was a fan of the Almighty Johnsons and Keisha Castle-Hughes is a fantastic actress who I think will be perfect for the role of Obara.... When you consider the characteristics of each of the Sand girls they definately had to think out the box for the parts and it looks good to me.

KK makes a great point re Jonathan Pryce but the casting of Alexander Saddig I think will be a master stroke. He is the perfect Image of Doran to me and a fantastic actor to boot.

Edited by wellboy1991

I understand the sentiment but I think all are tidy but a tidy with the potential to be very hot..... think back to Emilia Clarke. When the programme was first cast who would have thought the tidy little brunette, no more in my opinion would turn out to be one of the sexiest women on TV with such a huge following......

I was a fan of the Almighty Johnsons and Keisha Castle-Hughes is a fantastic actress who I think will be perfect for the role of Obara.... When you consider the characteristics of each of the Sand girls they definately had to think out the box for the parts and it looks good to me.

KK makes a great point re Jonathan Pryce but the casting of Alexander Saddig I think will be a master stroke. He is the perfect Image of Doran to me and a fantastic actor to boot.

Aye, I'm with you there. Obviously the potential hotness of actresses in GOT deserves some special recognition so let's get into it! As it stands I have no idea who these women are. Having showed the video to a friend though I've now learned they're Oberyn's children? If so that's quality... Nothing better than the offspring of my hero to try and relive some former joys - I'm looking at you Enzo Zidane!

Anyway, none of them look like the unbelievably stunning actresses I'm sure book readers would have imagined but they're all in their no make-up and no frills persona eh? Once they've got a bit of shine and outfits on I'm sure they'll be fucking stunning. One of them in particular looked amazing either way.

Fucking love burds. Wish they didn't talk.

Still merit a "wid" though.

They absolutely merit a "wid". But, to my mind anyway, the way they were written in the books, they transcended mere "wid" status and seemed almost "couldnae" or "wouldnae have a hope in hell wae".

:lol: