Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Just cannae read these books quick enough. I'm dedicating an hour or two a night to getting in about them and I'm still nowhere near finding out some new shit.

Eight months away the show is apparently? Fucking, race on!

That's been doing the rounds, most have probably seen it.

So if there's going to be such a focus on Dorne, where's Arianne Martell?

Plenty of time for that. They haven't cast Euron, Victarion or the Manderly's yet.

Could be that Arianne gets her own casting announcement..

So if there's going to be such a focus on Dorne, where's Arianne Martell?

Thought she was too big to cut but seemingly the dorne boy (forgot his name) who is betrothed to myrcella was described as the heir to dorne when he was announced so could suggest arianne won't be there

Yeah, I just read that too. That's a serious character to cut, if so. Interesting to see where they go with that.

I'm trying to avoid reading too much into it as spoiler clues for the future development of the books. But presumably if Arianne was going to play an absolutely critical role in books six and seven Martin would have been unlikely to advise them she could be left out.

Is it true that

Lady Stoneheart

isn't going to be in the TV series? Surely not?

That seems to be the word. I'm not sure I see her as being quite so critical in the books - yet. But then we don't know how that line of plot is going to pan out.

Is it true that

Lady Stoneheart

isn't going to be in the TV series? Surely not?

Seemingly the fight between Brienne and The Hound was an indicator she won't be. Dunno why tbh, just something that was mentioned by those around me who'd read the books

Seemingly the fight between Brienne and The Hound was an indicator she won't be. Dunno why tbh, just something that was mentioned by those around me who'd read the books

I've read the books and while the scrap between Brienne and The Hound isn't how it pans out in the books, I don't see how that has any relevance on the appearance of

Lady Stoneheart

IMO, it would be a real shame if she was left out of the TV series.

I've read the books and while the scrap between Brienne and The Hound isn't how it pans out in the books, I don't see how that has any relevance on the appearance of

Lady Stoneheart

IMO, it would be a real shame if she was left out of the TV series.

Yeah I don't know either.

Anyway here's an interview about it. Don't read it if you don't like spoilers or shit like that, it doesn't seem to have any, but Ive not read it all. Its basically just talking to the actress who would've been playing that character

http://www.mtv.com/news/1856411/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-brienne-pod-season-5/

Anyway here's an interview about it. Don't read it if you don't like spoilers or shit like that, it doesn't seem to have any, but Ive not read it all. Its basically just talking to the actress who would've been playing that character

http://www.mtv.com/news/1856411/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-brienne-pod-season-5/

This argument about needing to cut things down to fit into ten hour series is obviously right enough - but it'd carry a lot more weight if they hadn't spent so much time needlessly padding out the Theon storyline beyond what was in the books, just to keep the actor contracted for when he'll actually be needed again.

(And that would have been less irritating if he hadn't been so badly miscast in the first place, but that's by-the-by.)

This argument about needing to cut things down to fit into ten hour series is obviously right enough - but it'd carry a lot more weight if they hadn't spent so much time needlessly padding out the Theon storyline beyond what was in the books, just to keep the actor contracted for when he'll actually be needed again.

(And that would have been less irritating if he hadn't been so badly miscast in the first place, but that's by-the-by.)

It's a pretty close run thing between Emilia Clarke and Alfie Allen for the most irritatingly bad actor on the show. Since I've never ever seen Alfie Allen in anything where he wasn't terrible he takes the crown for me but it is victory by a mere technicality since Emilia Clarke is so bad I haven't actually seen her in anything else.

It's a pretty close run thing between Emilia Clarke and Alfie Allen for the most irritatingly bad actor on the show. Since I've never ever seen Alfie Allen in anything where he wasn't terrible he takes the crown for me but it is victory by a mere technicality since Emilia Clarke is so bad I haven't actually seen her in anything else.

Yeah, but she's gotten naked a lot...

Interview with the actress who wouldve been playing the character? Maybe spoiler that too?

I actually think Emilia Clarke does well when Dany is being a bad ass, but then struggles quite badly in the run of the mill scenes. I agree about Alfie Allen though. He's just terrible and ruins Theon.

I actually think Emilia Clarke does well when Dany is being a bad ass, but then struggles quite badly in the run of the mill scenes. I agree about Alfie Allen though. He's just terrible and ruins Theon.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to say.

I think Emilia Clarke has been okay on the odd occasion when the material has allowed her to be. I thought she pretty much nailed this scene:

(Or at any rate, it made me think she'd make a top notch dominatrix, if her acting career ever fails.)

Yoss: P&B's Premier TV and Dominatrix critic.