Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Thanks for the bump. Reminded me to pre-order Series 4 blu-ray.

February 16th delivery, too early to start watching Series 1 again just now?

Depends how quickly you'll fire through them all.

30 episodes in the first 3 seasons. If you'll watch about 1 a day on average, it's probably best you start now!

I watched the first episode again on Monday, kind of intending to try and get through them all before it starts again

I was really surprised how much of it I did remember and how much happened in the first episode that I thought had come much later on

I absolutely hated the 1st episode and almost gave up there and then. My mates hounded me to keep at it and it was amazing how much I felt it improved very quickly.

I watched the first episode again on Monday, kind of intending to try and get through them all before it starts again

I was really surprised how much of it I did remember and how much happened in the first episode that I thought had come much later on

I watched most of the first season in the holidays, and I meant to mention it at the time but there's a bit quite early on where Little Finger & Varys openly discuss with each other how they're going to help start a war and the like. I had completely forgot about that, and was only guessing when I said at the end of the last season that they probably orchestrated the whole lot. Think it was Season 1 Episode 6.

I watched most of the first season in the holidays, and I meant to mention it at the time but there's a bit quite early on where Little Finger & Varys openly discuss with each other how they're going to help start a war and the like. I had completely forgot about that, and was only guessing when I said at the end of the last season that they probably orchestrated the whole lot. Think it was Season 1 Episode 6.

I love Varys and Little Finger. Constantly underestimated, but the two 'game players' you just wouldn't want to mess with.

I'm looking forward to season 5 as that's when Cersei will really enter the fray properly IMO, and I think Lena Headey will do a great job with it.

I love Varys and Little Finger. Constantly underestimated, but the two 'game players' you just wouldn't want to mess with.

I'm looking forward to season 5 as that's when Cersei will really enter the fray properly IMO, and I think Lena Headey will do a great job with it.

I love those two as well. I have only seen the TV show and it certainly feels like they have greater presence than is seen on screen. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Game of Thrones is just those two using the players as chess pieces in their own little battle for control over Westeros.

I love those two as well. I have only seen the TV show and it certainly feels like they have greater presence than is seen on screen. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Game of Thrones is just those two using the players as chess pieces in their own little battle for control over Westeros.

I think Varys is a good guy (underneath it all) and Little Finger is a complete shit, but with this show that could turn out to be the complete opposite.

The trailer suggests Varys is about to throw his weight behind Daenerys. Although of course what Varys or Little Finger say, seldom marries up to what they want or what they're actually up to.

So, I watched the first two episodes of Season One tonight. Amazing how much stuff they managed to get through setting it up.

I still think it only really took off because of the final scene in the first episode. That got everyone's attention. Until then it was bumbling along a bit.

I know I have mentioned it before, but it still really gets on my tits that all the "blondes" have black eyebrows. Am I a bit mental?

With the book not coming out this year it means the show will overtake the books next season. Wonder what they'll do?

Martin has apparently told the show bosses the major plot developments but that will be the first time I can think of where the show has spoilers for a book.

Alternatively the show comes up with its own conclusions to the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Those who've read the books, have you adjusted to the fact that the show's going to finish before the books yet?

Well if you have, here's the next revelation: GRRM has said that in Season 5 “People are going to die who don’t die in the books” (Don't worry there's no spoilers in that link)

Enjoy.

I would like to stop watching the show now tbh but there's no way I have the willpower or ability to avoid it. There's also a fair chance GRRM won't complete the books imo.

I think the moment for that already arrived last season when we saw the Night's King, someone barely mentioned in the books so far.