Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I thought that a belting episode last night, no great surprise given the lack of Dany action, I suppose.

The Cersei Margaery standoff was the highlight last night, even if I continue to somehow feel sorry for Cersei at the moment. That was a scene you see in an office full of woman every day of the week, pure bullying by Margaery.

Janos Slynt was a c**t, but I really wish they would stop killing off all the evil characters, although that one was unexpected, I didn't think Jon would go through with it. I am warming to him a bit now, it has to be said.

Nice wee performance by The Mountain as well, I thought.

Janos Slynt was a c**t, but I really wish they would stop killing off all the evil characters, although that one was unexpected, I didn't think Jon would go through with it. I am warming to him a bit now, it has to be said.

Interesting to see if that's the end of the Alliser Thorne problem though. He strikes me as the type of guy who'll wait and play the long game.

Edited by Spain

Thorne is the type of character who would save Jon Snow's arse at some point in the future in a conventional run of the mill cliche driven show. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens to him here as well, but the beauty of this show is, you won't expect it, whatever happens.

And then kill him two episodes later.

Cersei clearly has some plot in store for this series, likely she'll try and get these sparrow fellas to do something to Margaery to either discredit or hurt her, not sure how it'll work though.

Aryas story is starting to get a bit annoying already, they'd be better leaving that for a while and then going back but they obviously want us to see every single detail of her "training" for whatever reason. I imagine some people will like it though.

And then kill him two episodes later.

Cersei clearly has some plot in store for this series, likely she'll try and get these sparrow fellas to do something to Margaery to either discredit or hurt her, not sure how it'll work though.

Aryas story is starting to get a bit annoying already, they'd be better leaving that for a while and then going back but they obviously want us to see every single detail of her "training" for whatever reason. I imagine some people will like it though.

I find Arya's story in the books and the series some of the best parts of the whole thing.

edit: Bran on the other hand......

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I find Arya's story in the books and the series some of the best parts of the whole thing.

edit: Bran on the other hand......

She's certainly the most interesting Stark. The rest are as dull as dishwater.

I really enjoyed the episode. They're managing to build the story at the same time as maintaining an interesting backstory.

It has completely deviated from the books now - it's almost two separate stories with some nods towards the books. Means I feel less guilty watching the show, especially as some bits more advanced. Others are obviously lagging behind.

Arya's general story is decent, but it does feel like it's stalled a little the last couple of weeks. It's obviously trying to build up this new arc though which will take a bit of effort.

Yeah dont get me wrong i do like Ayra, especially in relation to Sansa and Bran, but theres just something annoying me about it just now.

The one thing that gets me about Arya's story right now is the fact that she hasn't aged at the same rate as some of the other young actors who have been in it for a while.

I mean, Sansa is about to be on her third fiance, Tommen is banging away at a two time widow and still hasn't got a hair on his chest & Jon Snow is now Lord Commander of the Knightswatch after having a fling with Ygritte.

Arya is still considered a young girl by most of us in comparison I would think. In isolation it's not a problem, but as part of the whole picture it's a bit strange that she hasn't really matured at the same rate as the others. Even though she is now a wee potty mouthed killing machine when she wants to be.

Yeah dont get me wrong i do like Ayra, especially in relation to Sansa and Bran, but theres just something annoying me about it just now.

Same here, didn't enjoy reading her story in the books once she reaches Bravoos and its the same in the show. Its really just replaced Bran's story with it being unconnected to what is going elsewhere and very little happening.

Still enjoying the changes the show has made and it seems to be diverging even further. Unless they introduce it soon it looks like they have cut out some of the more boring sections from the book.

I think Aryas character on screen works best when she is allowed to play off someone else. Since season 1 she has always had a 'companion' or someone to bounce off - Sansa, Syrio, Gendry, Hotpie, Tywin, The Hound etc. So far this season she has largely been on her own with very little dialogue so its a complete contrast to what we are used to.

Just my thoughts

Edited by DavidMcG

Meh? I thought it was pretty shite tbh. I'll watch it again but I was almost chortling during the finale it was that lame. And the Sand Snakes were as awful as we expected. Not much to redeem that imo apart from the stuff at the wall still being pretty good.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Not started watching season 5 yet as I've only just finished season 4 but I've got a question for those who have either read the books or looked it up, it's from season 3 so don't think it needs spoilers tbh. Does Brynden "Blackfish" Tully ever reappear after escaping the red wedding? If not, what was the point in making him escape and emphasising that he had escaped? Tbh a simple yes he comes back or no he doesn't is all I'm looking for, rather than what happens.

Not started watching season 5 yet as I've only just finished season 4 but I've got a question for those who have either read the books or looked it up, it's from season 3 so don't think it needs spoilers tbh. Does Brynden "Blackfish" Tully ever reappear after escaping the red wedding? If not, what was the point in making him escape and emphasising that he had escaped? Tbh a simple yes he comes back or no he doesn't is all I'm looking for, rather than what happens.

On this ilk, where in the hell did Edmure Tully go? Did he just happily settle into married life despite almost his entire family being murdered at his wedding?

I know there's been talk about it in spoiler tags before but is talking about the...

R + L = J theory

still considered a book spoiler? They were dropping hints about it left, right and centre in this episode, teasing c**ts.

Edited by Cityfan