Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

In season one Turner would've only been around 15 and few actors that age really shine. It's making that transition to good adult actor is when the real judgement begins and she's certainly proving her worth.

In season one Turner would've only been around 15 and few actors that age really shine. It's making that transition to good adult actor is when the real judgement begins and she's certainly proving her worth.

I'd argue that Sophie Turner was cast based on looks rather than ability (she's pretty much how Sansa is described in the books) whereas Maisie Williams was probably cast on her acting. They've both proven to be excellent choices to be fair, but Turner has come on leaps and bounds every year for me, Williams is roughly as she was (which was a very high standard anyway).

Edited by Kyle

I'd argue that Sophie Turner was cast based on looks rather than ability (she's pretty much how Sansa is described in the books) whereas Maisie Williams was probably cast on her acting. They've both proven to be excellent choices to be fair, but Turner has come on leaps and bounds every year for me, Williams is roughly as she was (which was a very high standard anyway).

Completely agree with all the Sansa love, she is starting to look and be a really strong character. Maisie on the other hand has not really blossomed the same way. Certainly they have the option to recast her as the many faced god if they want her be a seductive killer or for more raunchy scenes. It must be hard for the casters when they choose children not quite knowing how they will develop. Dont get me wrong she can look very pretty but not in the striking screen presence way Sansa now does. Sansa's looks tie back nicely to her bloodline and Neds sister and her mothers sister, and mother too being very attractive. I suppose Aryra just got sean beans genes.

onto the episode, it was great to see things move a long a bit quicker this week. The death of Rikkons wilding watcher (i forget her name) was sensible, they had built her up a bit as something but she wasn't obviously much if she got caught by the Bolton mob.

Ramsey Bolton is a great character and everything he does is so wonderfully sinister and clever. I'd be surprised if they killed him off too quickly but i do suspect he is that unhinged he will take his own life and others before anyone can enact justice on him.

Little finger is back, he is starting to irritate me a bit in his invulnerability to someone just lopping his head off for speaking too much.

A nice return to Emelia Clarke's chebs too, it has been too long. Surely there has to be some tie up with the red woman and her considering there love of looking at or standing in the middle of flames.

A bloodbath is coming basically everywhere, but i suspect next week it will be slowed down and we will get a lot more of the substance before the battles comence.

Another decent episode, I thought. Almost every scene moved the storyline along so there was little filler. The almost casual way they killed off one of the recurring characters is what sets Game of Thrones apart from other shows. The ending was a bit predictable but surely must see Dany's story move along now.

I was a bit disappointed with that death. Liked that character.

Completely agree with all the Sansa love, she is starting to look and be a really strong character. Maisie on the other hand has not really blossomed the same way. Certainly they have the option to recast her as the many faced god if they want her be a seductive killer or for more raunchy scenes. It must be hard for the casters when they choose children not quite knowing how they will develop. Dont get me wrong she can look very pretty but not in the striking screen presence way Sansa now does. Sansa's looks tie back nicely to her bloodline and Neds sister and her mothers sister, and mother too being very attractive. I suppose Aryra just got sean beans genes.

onto the episode, it was great to see things move a long a bit quicker this week. The death of Rikkons wilding watcher (i forget her name) was sensible, they had built her up a bit as something but she wasn't obviously much if she got caught by the Bolton mob.

Ramsey Bolton is a great character and everything he does is so wonderfully sinister and clever. I'd be surprised if they killed him off too quickly but i do suspect he is that unhinged he will take his own life and others before anyone can enact justice on him.

Little finger is back, he is starting to irritate me a bit in his invulnerability to someone just lopping his head off for speaking too much.

A nice return to Emelia Clarke's chebs too, it has been too long. Surely there has to be some tie up with the red woman and her considering there love of looking at or standing in the middle of flames.

A bloodbath is coming basically everywhere, but i suspect next week it will be slowed down and we will get a lot more of the substance before the battles comence.

Rickon and Osha at the end of Season 3 started to travel to Last Hearth. This is the seat of House Umber and it is the current head of the house that hands them to Ramsey

Agree with others on Sansa love, she has been developed brilliantly and surely she will be the one to kill Ramsey seeing as she never got to kill Joffrey.

2000 wildlings be marching to Winterfell it seems. How many does Littlefinger have in his army? I always got the impression that the Vale didn't have a very big army but perhaps book readers might be able to shine more light on that? Also can Davos bring any men to the fight as well or is all of Stannis old army pan breid?

Any else hoping big Tormund gets to bang Brienne? Loved that scene. Such a random assortment at that table.

Trailer for next week looks quality and good to see some old chums back!

Couple of thoughts, one of the most popular end games from fans is Jon marries Danni, North and Iron Throne re-united, fire and ice and all that. Danni is barren. The whole point of the show is the discord of dynastic power structures. A barren queen means dynastic power struggles to come in a very short order. 

The Umbers being up to something at the behest of Little Finger seems a lot less likely this week, its more likely the Littlejon and Osha screwed up an assassination attempt. 
(((((Rickon))))) this could get dark. 
My gut instinct is that the High Sparrow is playing the Small Council\Queen Mother. He knew Tommen would blab to Mum about his wifes forthcoming walk of shame. He anticipates the reaction, he has a plan.

Pycelle and the Maesters may have a whole other strand of conniving we are not thinking about. We know Pycell is acting it up, the Maesters seem about the one power structure in the society not playing power games, yet they are almost everywhere power is wielded. Im suss.

I've always like both the character and acting of Sansa. She was always exactly what I imagined her to look and act like, is it not just because the character was a bit of a dick that gave her a bad rep? Tend to find that, especially as she wasn't a proper b*****d like Reese Bolton, just a bit of a spoilt dullard that it doesn't give her much of a chance to shine

Think it's pretty harsh to say Dany's storyline is just back to where it was at the end of season one. She now has all of the Dothraki, the unsullied and her dragons (Drogon will come back). I think we're nearing the end game enough that Tyrion's negotiation of peace will either work, or be close enough to working for her to finally cross the sea at the end of the season. (They'll probably make the decision to cross the sea at the end and they'll arrive in Westeros at some point in the next season).

Fair enough - thought it was mentioned a few times earlier that she had signed a no-norks/nudity contract for this season?

I had seen that mentioned for last season but it might of just been a no full nudity contract

Boghead ranter, on 16 May 2016 - 22:21, said:

Fair enough - thought it was mentioned a few times earlier that she had signed a no-norks/nudity contract for this season?

Aye. And Kit Harrington said Jon Snow was dead. Basically, don't believe anything anyone says on anything.