The North: Starks, Boltons

The Vale: Arryns (Littlefinger)

Iron Islands: Greyjoys (TBC)

Riverlands: Tullys, Freys

Westerlands: Lannisters

The Reach: Tyrells

Stormlands: ?

Dorne: Martells, Sands

In theory, but the show has kinda forgotten all about the Stormlands and who's the ruling house there now / how loyal they are. I'm assuming if there were no Baratheons left then whatever family struck a deal with the Crown was given control, like the Boltons did in the North.

The Stormlords were mostly defeated at the Blackwater and likely took the Kings Peace. Nominally Joffrey was always Lord Paramount of the Stormlands from the death of King Robert until his own death. After the Blackwater this was defacto although someone will have been appointed to rule in his steed. It is Tommens by "birthright". 

What ever loyalties they had for Stannis, they have no one to lead them and no cause to push for. 

I think it's:

The North: Starks, Boltons

The Vale: Arryns (Littlefinger)

Iron Islands: Greyjoys (TBC)

Riverlands: Tullys, Freys

Westerlands: Lannisters

The Reach: Tyrells

Stormlands: ?

Dorne: Martells, Sands

Stormlands is Baratheon and even though their dead I'd suggest it is still technically under Baratheon control as the island where the Dragonfort(???) Is situated is virtually impenetrable.

The Stormlords were mostly defeated at the Blackwater and likely took the Kings Peace. Nominally Joffrey was always Lord Paramount of the Stormlands from the death of King Robert until his own death. After the Blackwater this was defacto although someone will have been appointed to rule in his steed. It is Tommens by "birthright". 

What ever loyalties they had for Stannis, they have no one to lead them and no cause to push for. 

Stormlands is Baratheon and even though their dead I'd suggest it is still technically under Baratheon control as the island where the Dragonfort(???) Is situated is virtually impenetrable.

Yeah. but who's administering on the Crown's behalf, is what I'm meaning. Who's in the Dragonfort? I'm sure what's left of the region is 100% behind the crown now but it's just something I was interested in.

Lovejoy has a knack for acquiring rare goods

Think you've got the wrong bloke. James Faulkner is playing Randall, not Ian McShane.

I guess any of Robert's surviving b*****ds have the best claim to the Stormlands but don't expect any of them to play a role in either the books or the TV series

Edited by cal234ey

Jon and the wilding army to be on the brink of defeat against the Bolton's when Littlefinger and the knights of the vale ride in to the rescue.  Scenes if this happens.

I'm not sure how that would fit in with Littlefinger's general incentive to foster chaos and prevent capable leaders from seizing meaningful power. By that motive Littlefinger should be quite happy to see a psychotic, comedy villain tyrant kill Rickon and add fuel to a general civil war in the north. He could well be moving completely oblivious to events on the Wall, but a deliberate alliance doesn't make much sense in terms of the plot and what we know so far. 

Valyrian steel blades that we know of in the show are longclaw (sword of house mormont but now Jon snows), the two forged out of Ice (the stark sword) now held by Brienne and presumably Tommen after Joffrey died. one held by Lord Tarly (Sam's dad who we'll presumably meet soon) and Littlefingers's dagger

Far as I can recall they're the only ones relevant to the show at the moment

There's a few more in the books. Daggers, an axe, a dothraki style scythe thingy as well as the Lannister one that went missing.

The Iron throne was made out of swords taken by Aegon during the conquest. As Valyria was gone by this point you'd assume he wouldn't have wasted any of those rare blades by sticking them in the chair

Valyrian steel blades that we know of in the show are longclaw (sword of house mormont but now Jon snows), the two forged out of Ice (the stark sword) now held by Brienne and presumably Tommen after Joffrey died. one held by Lord Tarly (Sam's dad who we'll presumably meet soon) and Littlefingers's dagger

Far as I can recall they're the only ones relevant to the show at the moment

There's a few more in the books. Daggers, an axe, a dothraki style scythe thingy as well as the Lannister one that went missing.

The Iron throne was made out of swords taken by Aegon during the conquest. As Valyria was gone by this point you'd assume he wouldn't have wasted any of those rare blades by sticking them in the chair

We can see the obvious line ups and formations for the upcoming b*****dbowl of the north. The two surprise new signings will be Frey and Tully. At this moment we have no idea who will be signing them, but I suspect Tully will be signing for team Snow. Frey though, I sense they will play a huge role for whoever they sign for. Will Frey even let Tully go on an overlap?

The Tully's will obviously align with the Starks/Jon.

Indeed. The Freys will stay out of it entirely as Fat Walda just got murdered by Ramsay and the Starks will come after them soon enough I'd have thought.

The Freys had a comeuppance signposted more than once during the show.

The crimes of The Red Wedding are deemed to be amongst the worst you can commit and the various lines throughout the show about killing a guest under your roof were fairly obviously pointing to a gruesome end to that house. This mantra was repeated several times and by several different people and seemed almost to be a curse of sorts.

I may be wrong but everything seems to point to them having broken an unbreakable rule in the eyes of the Gods etc and their fate is pre-determined.