Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Interview with one of the HBO heads saying that all the shows they're working are prequels and no sequel series are planned.

Also heavily implied that it was the creators that wanted the two short series not HBO and that the actors wouldn't have signed on for more without them being involved.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/game-thrones-sequel-is-not-an-option-hbo-series-finale-1212749?__twitter_impression=true

Last episode ends with Arya riding a white horse (which appeared unburnt and from nowhere) the f**k out of Kings Landing. This episode starts with Arya stumbling around walking into Kings Landing. Can anyone tell me what the point of that white horse (or any of Arya's stumbling about in Kings Landing scenes) was?

The whole last series has gaps in the story that the writers are happy to let fans fill in with their own silly theories. Far too rushed. Pish end to an excellent show.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Last episode ends with Arya riding a white horse (which appeared unburnt and from nowhere) the f**k out of Kings Landing. This episode starts with Arya stumbling around walking into Kings Landing. Can anyone tell me what the point of that white horse (or any of Arya's stumbling about in Kings Landing scenes) was?

The whole last series has gaps in the story that the writers are happy to let fans fill in with their own silly theories. Far too rushed. Pish end to an excellent show.

Isn't the horse the one the leader of the golden company was riding. Presumably it wandered into the city while Arya was unconscious.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Isn't the horse the one the leader of the golden company was riding. Presumably it wandered into the city while Arya was unconscious.

See this is exactly what I mean. We're supposed to just presume all these things fell into place and the writers are happy for fans just to make up their own wee story.  Even if we accept that explanation, what relevance does it have to anything?  She left Kings Landing just so she could walk back in again?  So much of the series was utterly pointless.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

See this is exactly what I mean. We're supposed to just presume all these things fell into place and the writers are happy for fans just to make up their own wee story.  Even if we accept that explanation, what relevance does it have to anything?  She left Kings Landing just so she could walk back in again?  So much of the series was utterly pointless.

I mean as far as she probably knew the city was still a warzone. The idea of someone wanting to leave it and come back at a later point isn't that hard to fathom for me. Jon, Davos etc did the same

Also what are you wanting, flashbacks to the horse getting up and wandering back into the city or shots of the horses actions cut into the main battle?

On the one hand people are saying the writing was dumb but they're also wanting every miniscule detail spoon fed to them. 

Whole episode back-story for the horse.  Or I fucking riot.

Titles.

Scene 1 - a kindly farmhand is helping to deliver a foal, both parents are grey horses but this one...white.  "You'll do great things one day, I name you hope"

Scene 2 - farmhand is eviscerated by rampaging c***s of no determinate origin.

Scene 3 - Hope survives grazing on a hillside (10 minute montage)

Scene 4 - Hope pursued by earlier farmhand, now a white walker...

Honestly, this shit writes itself.

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sexist and ageist, quite the bigoted post.

To be fair I have made the mistake of assuming that all of the people fuming about being presented with information are young but I'm forgetting the raging gammon stereotype. I personally just find it interesting that a programme which features women far more prominently than most of the serious box-set favourites (like The Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad) still has a pretty noticeable deficit when it comes to parts/prominence for men and women. You'd expect the stats to be met with 'That's interesting' rather than spitting feathers in a @banana style. I also find the Bechdel Test interesting even though a good proportion of my favourite films of all time fail. 

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I mean as far as she probably knew the city was still a warzone. The idea of someone wanting to leave it and come back at a later point isn't that hard to fathom for me. Jon, Davos etc did the same

Also what are you wanting, flashbacks to the horse getting up and wandering back into the city or shots of the horses actions cut into the main battle?

On the one hand people are saying the writing was dumb but they're also wanting every miniscule detail spoon fed to them. 

Christ, does everyone need to take criticism to the extreme on here? Of course I don't want the horses back story, but it's one of many things in the series that seemed to happen without any real relevance or reason. They could have had Arya leave Kings Landing by just simply stumbling out like she had been doing for 20 minutes of the episode, instead they presented a white horse as if it meant something and nobody can work out what it is. For a show that's been pretty anal in regards to detail for the best part of 7 series to then revert to this rush job was poor form.

The writing is dumb. I fail to see how anyone who isn't a total fanboy argues against that.

Written by a book reading nerd for fellow book reading nerds. The mainstream audience jumped onto the bandwagon to see lots of tits and dragons and didn't understand where things were heading on breaking the wheel and why. The criticisms of it being too rushed at the end are valid, but dragging out an ending a large portion of the audience was going to hate would have had its own set of problems.

They could have hit all the plot points without it being shite.  Cersie gets an army, prepare for the Night King, defeat the Night King, Cersei has a minor victory. Dany goes crazy defeating Cersei, Jon kills Dany, the political system evolves. That's the bare structure of the season and despite being utterly predictable it could have been done much better.

The things that annoyed people are the lack of dialogue and the quality of it, characters suddenly acting out of character with no build up, the way the world shrank and it's rules went to shit (ie Gendry and Bronn being made Lords of major houses with seemingly no friction) and the magical respawning Dothraki, Unsullied and Northmen.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

That horse was obliterated. 

The was just there to have a nice looking scene I think, it had zero relevance to anything.

I withhold the reason to change that opinion if in season 3 episode 2 she makes a comment about riding a horse out a burning city though.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There was no point of the white horse. It was just supposed to look good and vaguely appear poetic. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Whole episode back-story for the horse.  Or I fucking riot.

Titles.

Scene 1 - a kindly farmhand is helping to deliver a foal, both parents are grey horses but this one...white.  "You'll do great things one day, I name you hope"

Scene 2 - farmhand is eviscerated by rampaging c***s of no determinate origin.

Scene 3 - Hope survives grazing on a hillside (10 minute montage)

Scene 4 - Hope pursued by earlier farmhand, now a white walker...

Honestly, this shit writes itself.

Rubbish.

The horse should be one of the ones that ran away from the farmstead that the Wildlings attacked when Jon was with them (owned by the old guy who they chased down to the old windmill inside which Bran, Rickon, Osha and Hodor were hiding).

1 hour ago, The OP said:

To be fair I have made the mistake of assuming that all of the people fuming about being presented with information are young but I'm forgetting the raging gammon stereotype. I personally just find it interesting that a programme which features women far more prominently than most of the serious box-set favourites (like The Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad) still has a pretty noticeable deficit when it comes to parts/prominence for men and women. You'd expect the stats to be met with 'That's interesting' rather than spitting feathers in a @banana style. I also find the Bechdel Test interesting even though a good proportion of my favourite films of all time fail. 

I don't think anyone is really spitting feathers banana style tbh. Merely pointing out the clickbaity style of the article, it's cherry picking and complete ignorance of other factors.

There's certainly a discussion to be had regarding the representation of, over-sexualisation and violence against woman in the show (or indeed other shows). Again, with context.

The Bechdel test is interesting to a degree, but flawed. I believe less than a third of the GOT episodes passed.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That horse was obliterated. 

The was just there to have a nice looking scene I think, it had zero relevance to anything.

I withhold the reason to change that opinion if in season 3 episode 2 she makes a comment about riding a horse out a burning city though.

I'm not sure it was. It hits the deck along with Harry Strickland but you don't see it again and then the mane on it looks the exact same I think.

I could be talking nonsense and like I said I didn't think it means anything. Just something that looked nice or to show there were other signs of life besides Arya.